• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Red Star v Liverpool Match Thread CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been coming. Our defence has covered for our underperforming attack and predictable midfield, for most of the season.
Interesting to see how we handle the first in-game crisis.

Where's that Brazilian who was brilliant against them last time around? Could have done with the Albanian as well...but truth be told I thought the line up was OK

Studge scores and we will be in at HT on level terms at least.

On that subject, it's always baffled me how big a difference home/away makes.

I'm ok dropping TAA for a few weeks and letting Gomez or clyne play there. Second straight game where he's just playing well below his level.

Lastly, Macca has been banging on this drum for a while - but we play far far too slowly. It's even worse with Studge & Lallana in there.

Salah’s trick of cutting in on his left and curling one into the top corner, is sooooo last season.

We kinda deserve this - the arrogance of leaving out our best attacking midfielder, putting in Lallana in the middle after his last outing, and some plain stupid stuff on the pitch. We need a massive second half - because this is simply un-fucking-acceptable.

Why is Klopp playing some of these players to death? There's loads of them that look destroyed at the minute. He rotated last season in the league at times when it wasn't completely necessary, yet we go to Redstar with Salah and Mane looking wrecked.

We miss Ox hugely for that ability to bring the ball from midfield up into attack. At present it's just a flat midfield looking to find Salah or Mane. If Firmino was on form at least we'd have a more fluid and complex movement up front. In fact, even the off-form Firmino would be an improvement.

Not enough reaction after their first goal. Have to play out of our skins to turn this around now.
Can't face the fucking Europa League.

As soon as we left Shaqiri behind we looked like pussies and we've played like pussies too. Abysmal display and we haven't even had a shot on target yet.

Worst half of football in forever
From what you guys have been posting...it sounds like we have had a few chances.

On that basis at least we are playing a bit unlike the Napoli away game which i rank as the worse game ever in my living memory.

These European away group games are usually dour affairs. Keep it tight, nick a goal, shut up shop.
At least we have a barnstorming 2nd Half to look forward to.
We’ll score at least 2, probably 3.

When you pass the ball as slowly as we are there will be nothing creative.

Klopp needs to have a long hard look in the mirror this is on him. As others have said this has been coming.

Lallana just needs to sod off and give the jersey to someone who can actually donsomething

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom