• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One to Watch: Anders Lindegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=KHL link=topic=42230.msg1220841#msg1220841 date=1290168199]
Apparently it's six month for Lindegaard to impress otherwise they'll look to De Gea or Lloris.
[/quote]

I hope they don't get Lloris. He's an exceptional talent.

I've watched De Gea a few times ... He's good but he's not in the same bracket as Lloris.

[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=42230.msg1220822#msg1220822 date=1290166217]
Lindegaard is apparently having a medical at Old Trafford.

I can only hope you are wrong about him, KHL.[/quote]
There's always a faint hope alright.

*cheeky sod smiley*

One of the main reasons why Pepe has been such a hit in the Prem is his strong physce and great belief in himself. He's obvious got all the right abilities physical as well but when you play in England where keepers aren't no-where as protected as elsewhere you'll need to be not only a strong keeper in terms of strenghts but also in terms of mentality.

This is probably one of Lindegaards key strengths as he - not much different from Peter - wants to be the best around and seems very strong in both mind and shape. Hence I belive he could indeed become a far to big success for us to like.

I haven't seen enough of De Gea to know whether he'd be ready to make the move just yet, but at only 20-years-old there's a big risk of him beeing thrown in at the deep end to soon.

From Liverpool's point of view I'd prefer United to go for the 20-year-old. (Unless of course he's somekind of goalie-phenomenon).

He's already been thrown in at the deep end though Khl... that's the thing.

I don't know anything about this Lindegaard guy, but I'd rather they got him than De Gea or Lloris.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=42230.msg1220861#msg1220861 date=1290170519]
He's already been thrown in at the deep end though Khl... that's the thing.

I don't know anything about this Lindegaard guy, but I'd rather they got him than De Gea or Lloris.
[/quote]
Lloris whenever I've seen him has been exceptionel good so I'd be happy if they stayed well clear of him too.

I know people rate De Gea and that he's had a rather splendid career so far but I'm not sure the managers at the biggest clubs around would dare to put all their faith towards such a young keeper. It's very rare that you see 20-year-old keepers with the no. 1 jerseys in clubs like United, Barca and Liverpool for that matter.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42230.msg1220878#msg1220878 date=1290172531] It's very rare that you see 20-year-old keepers with the no. 1 jerseys in clubs like United, Barca and Liverpool for that matter.
[/quote]

It's a tedious debate, but it's Friday and it's *still* better than work... so I'll carry it on.

Casillas and Valdes were both first choice keepers at a very young age, similar to De Gea.

Buffon went for 30M at the age of, what 23.. after proving himself a top keeper at Parma (who were then quite decent and winning trophies).

Perhaps not quite as rare as you're making out...?

Peter Schemical has dimissed him as not good enough to play for Utd already, will be interesting.

Man Utd's Anders Lindegaard holds the PL goalkeeper record for never having conceded a goal in the competition (5 games).

Who's the deserving no. 1? Haven't watch much of Man Utd this season personally.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=42230.msg1451188#msg1451188 date=1325092498]
Man Utd's Anders Lindegaard holds the PL goalkeeper record for never having conceded a goal in the competition (5 games).

Who's the deserving no. 1? Haven't watch much of Man Utd this season personally.
[/quote]
Lindegaard has easily deserved the no. 1 shirt so far Binny, but I'm not sure it's that easy.

De Gea costed a little fortune and despite having looked shaky at times he's still much in the fray to play despite beeing up against a keeper who's breaking records (apparently).

Personally I hope they continue to show faith in De Gea mind as I can see him make more mistakes than Lindegaard over the course of a Season.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=42230.msg1220900#msg1220900 date=1290175520]
I was worried they'd get the German keeper, I thought he looked very assured at the WC.
[/quote]

Spend much time talent-spotting at the WC, do you? 😉

[quote author=keniget link=topic=42230.msg1451452#msg1451452 date=1325166492]
Breaking records?

Come on now.
[/quote]
It's not much of a record agreed but it's still a record isn't it?

He's looking to double his salary according to reports this morning.

Will be looking at around £3.5M a year does he sign the newly offered contract. Not to shabby for a back-up keeper.

When I think about it that's actually rather insane isn't it?

Hope we don't pay Jones that.

I read that even adjusting it for inflation, our third choice keeper makes more than John. Barnes did in the early 90's.

Probably no surprise, but crazy all the same. ,

Jesus.

What is Brad Jones doing now anyway?

It's not exactly fair to ship him out after the death of his son, but i'm surprised he isn't trying to get a few games out on loan somewhere.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=42230.msg1466628#msg1466628 date=1326982149]
Lindegaards stats aren't going to be fair as he only plays in their easier games(I think).
[/quote]
To be honest you're right. Still think he's looked better than the young Spaniard mind. Apart from the one game against Citeh where he looked just as shaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom