• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One to Watch: Anders Lindegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_khl

I know it's been a while with these OTW-posts and I probably shouldn't make one at this point with regards to me defending the Poulsen signing has made me look rather daft but anyways here it is:

A few years back former United-keeper Roy Carroll pushed this fella down the ranks at Odense Boldklub in Denmark and he then quickly left for Norwegian minors Aalesund but - only a few Seasons after this apparent degrading - he's now tipped to be Edwin van der Sar's predecessor at Man United.

A now 26-year-old keeper playing in Norway whom I've admittedly only seen a few times at club-level for OB is according to his own words wanted by Alex Ferguson - whom I reckon are hoping he's unearthing the new 'Schmeichel'.

According to Danish press Liverpool scouts were seated at the Portugal v Denmark game (Poulsens bad luck) and they've been immensely impressed with him too. A goalie however is probably the one position we do not need to strengthen so I reckon it's mostly bad journalism with regards to our apparent interest in him as our scouts are hopefully attending Denmarks games to follow Kjaers progress and tap-up Eriksen.

I know there are a few Norwegian lads on here (Hansern and Insig at least) and I'd like to hear their opinion on Lindegaard if you've got any at all. Having watched him play his first two Int. games for Denmak of late I'm thoroughly impressed with him and a part of me actually is worried that he could indeed become Fergusons next 'Schmeichel'. He looks a class-act.

Very good gk. Good shot stopper, commands his area well and is very decent with his feet.
I've heard of Utds intrest, I only asumed they wanted him as a back up goalie.

Wheter or not his good enough to take the step up is another matter, but he probably could. Although being Utd first choice is a bit to high perhaps. Still, he's the best goalkeeper in our league, next to Knudsen.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=42230.msg1195404#msg1195404 date=1287051946]
I hope we never sign another Dane.
[/quote]
I hope we sign Denmark.

I'll come cheap for one.

Well, I await with baited breath to see if some random Norwegian keeper we will never sign ends up blossoming.

Weekly progress reports please, KHL. Or even a Lindegard thread in which you post all his saves week in, week out. That would be boss. It will be like the Gilardinho thread, one which I'll always hold close to my heart. Put it in the vault already!

To be honest... the world is HUGE and the market for danish wanna be goalies compared to Smachiel is quit narrow... not one of the worst goalies in the norwegian league, but not top three either . And now we are talking rubbish league but still with a few good cd and a few good goalies.

Blackpool material at best..

PS KHL: what happened to paulsen after portugal? Never bothered to follow up.. but he got the front page on the sport on norways biggest paper.. all alone... all about revenge..

hmmm..It is only a rumor but I dont like this.

Reina wants out as Hodgson joins "Great Dane" chase 11 October 2010 - 10:41 | Sport.co.uk

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina is rumoured to be unsettled at Anfield and has reportedly alerted the Reds hierarchy to his state of mind with manager Roy Hodgson subsequently joining the chase for Aalesund goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard. It is understood that the highly rated Danish stopper will seek a move to one of the Premier League's top clubs in January.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and an un-named Spanish club are thought to have joined the race for Reina who has been linked with a move away from Anfield since the start of the summer.

Lindegaard, 26, is also being monitored by Arsenal, as well as Aston Villa, Manchester United, AC Milan and Bayern Munich, however, no formal bids have been lodged with his club. The goalkeeper is now actively encouraging offers as he looks to seal a move to top European club in the January transfer window.

Sir Alex Ferguson has sent goalkeeping coach Eric Steele to watch the player on a number of occasions while Arsene Wenger is monitoring the stopper. Villa have emerged as an option with new manager Gerard Houllier an adamant fan. It has now also emerged that Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has sent scouts to watch the Dane with fears rising at Anfield that Reina could quit the club.

Sport.co.uk understands that while Lindegaard is eager to play in the Premier League, it depends which clubs make approaches for him with his representative admitting he is open to other top European leagues with Milan and Munich registering their intent.

The agent of Lindegaard Michael Stensgaard told Sport.co.uk in an exclusive interview:

“It is difficult to talk about his future. At the moment he is playing well and is with the Danish national team. That is where he will stay for the moment, until a club come in with an official offer (Anders) is just focusing on his club and country, not speculation. “ He continued.

“There are some interesting clubs following him and he is an interesting talent. He has been suited to the Premier League for many years and he is suited to all of Europe’s top leagues. He is very good with his feet and he also stands up as a traditional English keeper, he is not just a good shot stopper.

Arsene Wenger is also a rumoured suitor following the underwhelming performances of Manuel Almunia, but the former Liverpool and Southampton stopper Stensgaard refused to rule out his client moving to another league in Europe.

“The Premier League is a possibility but if other teams from other leagues come in for him we will look at it.†He concluded.

Pepe Reina is not only a top, top keeper but also a true Red who loves the club. If he's told the powers-that-be that he's unhappy, I hope they take notice.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=42230.msg1200088#msg1200088 date=1287419503]
Pepe Reina is not only a top, top keeper but also a true Red who loves the club. If he's told the powers-that-be that he's unhappy, I hope they take notice.
[/quote]

Yup . If this is true, we may be loosing the future captain of the club.

I really really hope there's nothing in those rumours and to be honest I'm 99% there isn't.

Obvious bad-journo media-spin.

Liverpool-scouts were seated at the two Danish games + Lindegaard plays a blinder + United's interested too + It's funny to make things up about us in a negative way because of the current standings = Bad rumour

Lindegaard is a good keeper with the potential to be great. But we don't need 'potential' to take over from 'great already'.

[quote author=Doped White Mouse link=topic=42230.msg1220532#msg1220532 date=1290095758]
I don't think he would have liked to be backup for Reina anyway.
[/quote]
Indeed not and he would've been.

I just kept my fingers crossed that he'd end up somewhere else than United as he's been very impressive of late. Although it was quite obvious from the first time the link appeared that he was exactly the kind of goalie both in terms of ability and mentality that he'd love to buy.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=42230.msg1220537#msg1220537 date=1290096362]
Rumour has it he's going to be the Man Utd #2 behind De Gae. Both will be signed inder winder.
[/quote]
Would be a bit strange if they signed De Gae and Lindegaard wouldn't it? I doubt that to be honest.

And if they do it'll probably be the other way around in terms of who's back up and who's not but let's see.

De Gea is first choice for A.Madrid and won the Europa League last season.

But yeah, I'm sure he'd be the one to sit on the bench whilst a keeper from a nothing Norwegian side starts. Makes sense.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=42230.msg1220543#msg1220543 date=1290097183]

But yeah, I'm sure he'd be the one to sit on the bench whilst a keeper from a nothing Norwegian side starts. Makes sense.
[/quote]
You are aware that it wouldn't be the first time Ferguson has bought a keeper from a nothing Scandinavian club right?

Right then.

As you were.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42230.msg1220595#msg1220595 date=1290108339]

[/quote]
You are aware that it wouldn't be the first time Ferguson has bought a keeper from a nothing Scandinavian club right?

Right then.

As you were.
[/quote]

Nobody should ever finish a post with "As you were".

It makes them a laughing stock.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=42230.msg1220597#msg1220597 date=1290108515]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=42230.msg1220595#msg1220595 date=1290108339]

[/quote]

Right then.

As you were.
[/quote]

Nobody should ever finish a post with "As you were".

It makes them a laughing stock.
[/quote]
I see.

As you were then.

epic-facepalm-demotivational-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom