• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manager merry-go-round

Status
Not open for further replies.
New contender for Tottenham and Everton jobs
Marcel Brands should know him well given his days in Dutch Eredivisie

Love this pic of Deschamps and Tony Pulis

Nothing there

Why? He was a leader on the pitch and so far his managerial career has been OK, if not spectacular.

His stint at Nice was not much to write home about, and the team got worse even though they invested the 3rd most in the league. You'd think he gets the job based on his name and what he has done as a player in England rather than as a manager.
For a team desperately trying to find a new identity, it just strikes me as strange that you go for a manager accused of not really being able to set one for the teams he has managed.
The role he had in the US cant really be used as much given that Deila is now outperforming him.

I'd say he would be the favorite to be sacked first given the change needed at Palace and what he brings.
Lets see, I could obviously be spectacularly wrong.. 🙂

Depends what one means by "OK" - and is that an adequate qualification to manage successfully in the Premier League anyway?

Former star players have been given the jobs with less impressive resumes. I’m not saying he’s necessarily going to be a success, but I see no reason to dismiss his chances right away.

I don't really check Everton forums but now with Benetiz at the helm, I'll be a regular...it'll be fun to see the hysterics and paranoia every time they draw or lose a game with Calver Lewin playing as a right wingback.

Not sure I'd go that far, but I do think it's an open question whether Calvert-Lewin will maintain his form under Rafa. He's never struck me as a particularly outstanding player (it's no accident that he hasn't got on the pitch in the Euros even when Kane's been subbed off) but Ancelotti somehow "got" him and improved him big style. Same with Bamford under Bielsa - it remains to be seen whether the improvement is permanent or whether another manager will have an equal effect on him.

DCL is athletic but fairly average, and playing to his strengths, with proper service into the box he will score 15 goals a season.

Bitters Benteke.

2 year contract, thats a bit we want to as a short term solution and are not sure about whether or not this will work out.

There's going to be one heck of a back story unfolding here. Nuno's a good manager and may well improve them, but the possible butting of egos between Levy and Jorge Mendes may not be pretty. It'll be a balance (or lack of it) between how well they do and how much Levy can tolerate a real alternative centre of power in the club.

Has Messi gone? I know discussions are ongoing and he is a free agent right now. I didn’t know he’s signed for another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom