• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jade sends message from beyond the grave...

leftpeg

Well-Known
From today's Daily Mail:

'Jade sent me a message from heaven. Then the clouds parted and I saw her face,' says tragic star's mum Jackiey

It's been just over two months since Jade Goody died in the early hours of Mothering Sunday, and since then her mother Jackiey Budden says she's been desperately calling out to her daughter for a sign that she is at peace.

Then last Wednesday, while Jackiey was at her holiday apartment in the Canary Isles where she's been recuperating for a month, she says it happened.

'I was laying on a sunbed outside my apartment and talking out loud, saying 'Jade, you told me to call you and I am but you don't answer', she said.

'And just then the clouds started moving and from the side of one of them I saw two faces looking down on me. It was Jade - totally clearly. She was beaming down and her hand was up as if she was waving. Her head was still bald but she looked so happy.

'At first I didn't recognise the man next to her but slowly I realised it was [her brother] Budgie who died when Jade was five. I broke down crying properly for the first time in ages.'

Jackiey, who has spent many nights alone clutching the hospital gown Jade wore when she died, which she now keeps in her pillow, says she also received another message from the Big Brother star shortly before leaving the UK.

'I was coming home one evening and noticed my bathroom window was steamed up even though I'd been out,' she told the Daily Mirror.

'Then I saw in the steam was written 'Light a candle for me Mum'. Now I have a candle by my front door lit every night so Jade knows I'm always thinking of her.'

The last days: 'People tell me how proud Jade was of me in the last months and she told me herself but it's not good enough,' says Jackiey. 'The guilt it is killing me.'

One of the first things Jackiey did after arriving in the Canaries was to get a tattoo on her left foot of the verse from Jeremiah 33: 'Call to me and I will answer.'

She explains that when she was in hospital Jade had stumbled across the line in her Bible and was deeply moved by it.

She told all her friends to get the tattoo and said she would do the same, but by the time she came out of hospital she was too ill and Jackiey pledged to get one on her behalf.

From a young age Jade, who died at 27,was responsible for looking after Jackiey and their home.

She made no secret of the fact she'd never had a childhood before entering the Big Brother house aged 20 because of Jackiey's criminal past, then paralysis and finally a four-year crack cocaine addiction.

But from the point of her cancer diagnosis, while starring in the Indian Big Brother last September, Jackiey stepped up and was either at her daughter's side or caring for her beloved sons Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

'I so needed to be her mother again at the end, to make up for all the times I hadn't been. People tell me how proud Jade was of me in the last months and she told me herself but it's not good enough.

'You know, we were already well on our way to being mum and daughter again before she became poorly. But we didn't get long enough. We just ran out of time. And that hurts so much.'

Back
Top Bottom