• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How much cash can we "realistically" raise by selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Players in the firing line: (Players/fee paid)

GK Brad Jones, we paid £2.3 million
DF Paul Konchesky, FREE (Swap deal?)
DF Daniel Agger, we paid £6 million
DF Fábio Aurélio, FREE
FW Daniel Pacheco, FREE?
FW Milan Jovanovi?, FREE?
DF Sotirios Kyrgiakos, £1.5 Million
MF Maxi Rodríguez, FREE
DF Danny Wilson, £2 Million
FW David N'Gog, £1.5 Million
MF Jay Spearing, FREE
MF Christian Poulsen, £4.5 Million
DF Martin Škrtel, £6.5 Million
DF Daniel Ayala, FREE
MF Alberto Aquilani, £17 Million?
DF Emiliano Insúa, FREE (Swap deal?)
MF Nabil El Zhar, FREE
DF Philipp Degen, FREE
MF Joe Cole, FREE

Around £40 Million?

My lad said he saw an article yesterday that reckons we're looking to raise £38m. I just laughed.

And there's no way we're selling all of those listed, how do we mount a title challenge after decimating our entire backline? I'd be surprised if we sell Agger or Skrtel.

Wilson will go on loan, Spearing has just had a great few months and is worth more than that, plus it's doubtful he'd be sold anyway, loan maybe but otherwise he'll continue to provide cover which he's more than capable of doing. Maxi has been asked to stay, Ayala will either stay or be sold for a good fee as he's proven he's a good centre back.

I'd say:

Brad Jones - £500k
Konchesky - £1.2m
Jovanovic - £2m
Pacheco - Loan
Soto - £1m
Wilson - Loan
Shelvey - Loan
N'Gog - £4.5m
Poulsen £1.5m
Aquilani £7m
Insua - Free
El Zhar - Free
Degen - Free
Joe Cole - £3m

When you consider how many contracts we'll have to write off, it's not giving us much.

£40m from selling all of those? Or £40m from selling a cross section?

How could we get away with selling 4 CB's?

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=45843.msg1354316#msg1354316 date=1308901831]
My lad said he saw an article yesterday that reckons we're looking to raise £38m. I just laughed.

And there's no way we're selling all of those listed, how do we mount a title challenge after decimating our entire backline? I'd be surprised if we sell Agger or Skrtel.

Wilson will go on loan, Spearing has just had a great few months and is worth more than that, plus it's doubtful he'd be sold anyway, loan maybe but otherwise he'll continue to provide cover which he's more than capable of doing. Maxi has been asked to stay, Ayala will either stay or be sold for a good fee as he's proven he's a good centre back.

I'd say:

Brad Jones - £500k
Konchesky - £1.2m
Jovanovic - £2m
Pacheco - Loan
Soto - £1m
Wilson - Loan
Shelvey - Loan
N'Gog - £4.5m
Poulsen £1.5m
Aquilani £7m
Insua - Free
El Zhar - Free
Degen - Free
Joe Cole - £3m

When you consider how many contracts we'll have to write off, it's not giving us much.

[/quote]

Yeah I'd go with that as well.
The players listed are the ones I think we could consider selling. I really don't think we'd sell Agger AND Skrtel. But it's plausible that one of them could go.

Ming - £15m
Aqua - £12m
Agger - £7m/ skrtel - £9m
Ngog - £5m
Cole - £2m
Jova - £2m
Konchesky - £1.5m
Poulsen - £2m

If the wages of these players are as high as reported then we won't be collecting much in the way of fees for them. Finding a club to pay the wages will be a difficult enough, let alone asking them to pay a fee on top!

We'll probably only be able to make a bit of money out of N'Gog and Aquilani.

The rest will need to be given away with their contracts paid off.

N'gog yes, Aquilani possibly not.

We are looking like suffering from our usual mistake of making it very obvious that we don't want him and are desperate to get rid.

Going by the list in Modo's post, if we were to sell Spearing, Wilson, Skrtel, Agger, and maybe even Insua, Ayala and Pacheco we might be able to get fees for them too as they are young and their reputations won't be completely destroyed yet. But then I don't think we will sell all of them, and nor should we.

I would keep Spearing for starters and if we did sell him I don't really understand why we would get rid for free. Is he out of contract or something??

I'd certainly be very pleasantly surprised if we got anything for Jones, Konchesky, Aurelio, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Rodríguez, Degen, El Zhar, Cole and Poulsen.

GK Brad Jones £1mil
DF Paul Konchesky £1mil
DF Daniel Agger £8mil
DF Fábio Aurélio - Wont be sold
FW Daniel Pacheco - Loan
FW Milan Jovanovic? - £2mil
DF Sotirios Kyrgiakos, £1mil
MF Maxi Rodríguez - Free
DF Danny Wilson - Loan
FW David N'Gog, £3mil
MF Jay Spearing - Wont be sold
MF Christian Poulsen £1.5mil
DF Martin Škrtel - Wont be sold
DF Daniel Ayala - £1mil
MF Alberto Aquilani - £8mil
DF Emiliano Insúa - Free
MF Nabil El Zhar - Free
DF Philipp Degen - Free
MF Joe Cole - £2mil

Pretty much we would be lucky to get anywhere near 30mil for that lot, but that wont happen and we will be stuck with alot of them.

That's a bit more realistic zlatan.

A lot of those frees might actually be loans (with us paying some of the wages) or if they are frees we might still be paying them off so they will accept lower pay elsewhere, which will diminish any income we will get from other sales.

Obviously this is worst case scenario but I don't see us making much money from sales this summer

As usual - for many we'll want to get rid but won't be able to until their contracts run out, so we'll be stuck with them again next season and unable to get all of our targets this Summer.

I be surprised if Ayala went for less than £4Million, I'd be shocked if a couple of top division weren't in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom