• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fat Sam to bag a "new" striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
bbc said:
Blackburn eye Van Nistelrooy move

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce wants to bring Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy back to the Premier League.
Allardyce is looking for a new forward after the departures of Matt Derbyshire and Roque Santa Cruz this month.

And, after persuading Nicolas Anelka to join him at Bolton in 2006, Allardyce believes the former Manchester United forward, 33, can be tempted by Rovers.

"Who'd have thought Bolton would get Anelka? Nobody," he said. "It would be a major coup if I could pull it off."

Van Nistelrooy spent five seasons at Old Trafford, scoring 150 goals in fewer than 200 games over five seasons. The Dutch striker moved to Real in the summer of 2006, but he has fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu following the Spanish side's signings of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo in recent weeks. And Allardyce has money to spend after selling Santa Cruz to Manchester City for £17m and Derbyshire to Greek side Olympiacos for £3m.

Van Nistelrooy, who is also thought to be a target of Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, is rumoured to be available for £1.5m. However, Allardyce conceded that the his wages could prove a stumbling block.

"The sort of salary he would be on at Real Madrid may be beyond us," Allardyce said. "But maybe he wants to come and play in England again and take less of a salary - then we'd be interested."

Meanwhile, Allardyce has ruled out a move for Michael Owen, who he managed at Newcastle during the early part of the 2007-08 season. The England striker's contract expires at the end of June and the 29-year-old, who is available on a free transfer, has made it clear he wants to leave the Magpies for a Premier League club. However, Allardyce said: "I just question the injury scenario. I need a striker that's going to be available for 30 games next season. That's not happened for Michael over the last four years."

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34412.msg896296#msg896296 date=1246112387]
this is a Liverpool forum.
[/quote]

Says "The Football Forum"

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34412.msg896296#msg896296 date=1246112387]
this is a Liverpool forum.

[/quote]

Yeah, cos we never talk about other clubs in here at all.

Shut up Rebel.

If RVN shows even the slightest hint he wants to return to England we should be all over him like chlamydia on a hooker.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34412.msg896302#msg896302 date=1246113988]
If RVN shows even the slightest hint he wants to return to England we should be all over him like chlamydia on a hooker.
[/quote]
Nice turn of phrase that one!

I personally would want him as much as a dose of the clap. Sorry, but I don't do ex Manc ex Madrid rejects....

I dont give a fuck if he played for Utd, he can score, will take a place on the bench as he's not at an age he can demand first team, & can play up front on his own.

Given a choice between him & any other striker I can see us getting for around 5m it's not even worth considering anyone else.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=34412.msg896294#msg896294 date=1246112380]
Would he really want to play for that cunt?
[/quote]

Oh yeah. Birds of a feather, and all that.

I'd sign him as Torres' understudy in a New York minute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom