• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disaster Planning

Squiggles

Other Games Thread Master
Choose Your Challenge:

🟢 Easy Mode - £75M

"Just a Flesh Wound"
You’ve got £75M in hand, but only ONE of your squad legends is waving Liverpool good-bye. Will you sacrifice the dynamic playmaking of Trent, the defensive brilliance of VVD, or the goal scoring machine Salah? Choose wisely — the rest of the team stays intact, but the missing piece could haunt you.

🟡 Medium Mode - £100M
"This is Getting Serious"
You've got £100M in hand. Two of your core stars are released. For £100M, you’ll need to replace them both. The chemistry between your defense and attack will be tested to the limit. Are you ready to rebuild after losing TWO of Trent, VVD, or Salah? Things just got real.

🔴 Hard Mode - £150M
"Ultra Nightmare"
The ultimate challenge: £150M to rebuild from scratch. Trent, VVD, AND Salah are gone. Can you bring in the right reinforcements to fill the void and keep the team competitive, or will the squad collapse under the weight of losing its backbone? No mercy, no safety net.

Pick your poison...

Ultra hard mode should be named almost impossible mode considering today's market.

I expect medium mode.

Honestly out the 3 I'd keep big Virg, the rock, the colossus.

Sign another right back who can't defend like Frimpong for 50mil and sign a right winger who scores less while investing in a shit hot number 9. Sell nuñez for spare parts and wang 50mil on whoever the needs think is good

Honestly out the 3 I'd keep big Virg, the rock, the colossus.
Unless he happens to boss things way too much and get out of hand like that. Dominate shit. Might even spill into pulling players he's supposed to defend by their arms. Unless shit like that happens then yeah.*

Salah could be an option too but he and his minutes must be managed. He is getting there in terms of age.

And it would be nice to see Nunez getting some service for once. ...if you know what I mean... ...he's a Number 9 after all... ...not a Klopp's player too... ...but it might be too late for that...

Unless he happens to boss things way too much and get out of hand like that. Dominate shit. Might even spill into pulling players he's supposed to defend by their arms. Unless shit like that happens then yeah.*

Salah could be an option too but he and his minutes must be managed. He is getting there in terms of age.

And it would be nice to see Nunez getting some service for once. ...if you know what I mean... ...he's a Number 9 after all... ...not a Klopp's player too... ...but it might be too late for that...

* I actually have a brother who is not a Liverpool fan. When Slot was signed he made a bet on one of the Liverpool games (he usually doesn't give a shit about Liverpool) (he bets how he likes) (and he often bets to make it more fun for him to watch football). So I asked him after the game, "What did you think of the game? What did you think of Liverpool? Any impressions?" And he said "that Konate can fuckin' pass! Especially long balls." That's what he said. And I was like, "Reaallyy ????" Being a Liverpool supporter I pay attention to the games differently. But those were his unbiased impressions. And that's the only thing he said. And I asked him about that thinking he will give me some insight about Slot, but he didn't. That's all he said. The only thing he said was that. About Konate. I think that was the very very first or one of the very first Liverpool games under Slot. I didn't talk to my brother after that about Liverpool because he doesn't watch nor bets on Liverpool often. But he did mention to me prior to that one that he did put a bet.

image-w856.jpg

LOL
View: https://youtu.be/N4bFqW_eu2I 😆

ps The "God" in this song that I pasted is Robbie Fowler and no other entity whatsof.ever. A Wikipedia sentence: "He scored 183 goals in total for Liverpool, earning the nickname "God" from the Anfield fans, and he is Liverpool's second-top scorer in the Premier League." If anyone has a problem with that they can f*ck the right off. Or paste their own links to whatever shit they want in their own posts.

Ultra nightmare I reckon. Focus on a CB and RW and hope and pray Bradley can develop.

my mind goes back to the period i think trent was injured and bradley looked shit hot, many of us started to wonder what this meant for trent. bradders has cooled off since but i still wonder if we can get back to that place.

virgil leaving is a massive problem, i think the defence will lose the aura of strength and reliability it has enjoyed for years instantly. imo we’ll flounder and lose confidence, it could take ages to reinstate a top CB partnership.

i’m not convinced the fall apart as an attacking force without salah, it might be his time to go

Virgil's loss would def have the biggest immediate impact on our competitiveness. I'd keep him, despite his age.

In the short term, I think losing Mo might hurt us more than losing Trent but I'd be inclined to keep Trent if picking between them. Mo is still producing but it's a matter of time before the production decline starts to match the decline in overall play

Virgil's loss would def have the biggest immediate impact on our competitiveness. I'd keep him, despite his age.

In the short term, I think losing Mo might hurt us more than losing Trent but I'd be inclined to keep Trent if picking between them. Mo is still producing but it's a matter of time before the production decline starts to match the decline in overall play
Ferguson was never one to worry about keeping his star players beyond their prime years and rolled out PL winning team after team.
We always think that the loss of certain players will lead to our demise however the club is on solid ground and with a good manager (laughs and tips hat to Rosco) we'll be up there.

I'd still rather keep Trent but I'm not that arsed with this version of him. If he goes to RM he's in for a rude awakening and he'll spend as much time on the bench as in the starting team.
You don't know what you've got until you lose it.

Is this Chiesa kid any good or what? That kinda determines my answer.
Tough to say. If I had to make a stab at it then the talent is genuinely there for this level as a first-team player. The chances are he won't score as much or be as regularly available, though. We likely won't see the best of him this year when he's in and out of the team and adapting to English football. I think it's fair to say at least 50% of Salah's goals will need replacing in one form or another.

Noone will replace salah's goals. There's probs only haaland and mbappe out there who you could make an argument for but they don't get the assists either. For all the shit salah gets for being greedy and not as good as he used to be, he's impossible to replace. When he goes the system changes or we get a lot worse very quickly.

Noone will replace salah's goals. There's probs only haaland and mbappe out there who you could make an argument for but they don't get the assists either. For all the shit salah gets for being greedy and not as good as he used to be, he's impossible to replace. When he goes the system changes or we get a lot worse very quickly.

For me that's exactly why extending his contract should be a priority. The club isn't far enough along in transitioning away from relying on Salah’s goals. Slot needs to manage Jota’s fitness to avoid injuries and in turn, boost numbers. On top of that, either Nunez needs to hit his stride soon, or the club will need to replace him with someone who can start delivering immediately. The chances of that happening in the next six months? Hard to see it. The one bright spot is that Diaz is on track for a more productive season

Are FSGs nerds still saying 'I told you so' about the Henderson extension?

Mo is cryogenically still only 25, so I'd keep him and Virgil doesn't need to run around as he reads the game so well. Trent is just big-headed now, think we can live without his ego.

For me that's exactly why extending his contract should be a priority. The club isn't far enough along in transitioning away from relying on Salah’s goals. Slot needs to manage Jota’s fitness to avoid injuries and in turn, boost numbers. On top of that, either Nunez needs to hit his stride soon, or the club will need to replace him with someone who can start delivering immediately. The chances of that happening in the next six months? Hard to see it. The one bright spot is that Diaz is on track for a more productive season
For me letting Trent go is a must. Could restore balance and give opportunity to Szobo (another major signing) to come into his own. Could unlock Nunez too.
Then signing VVD on a 1 or 2 year contract would be good. But prob tricky. Captain w an ego. Might want to keep bossing things, not accept rolling contracts, fewer minutes, lesser roles, etc. Could have Trent-like attitude & behaviour problems.
And I see Salah the same as VVD. Hates being taken off as if he's 22. Can he get goals for one (or even two) more years at LFC? Perhaps to probably, but he must be rotated. Less minutes, but still delivers production. Not a rocket science. PL is the most intense league in the world. LFC is a top club in the PL.

If VVD and Salah don't accept such things then should be let go too. In my opinion. And in that situation Liverpool will probably struggle to replace all three of them at once. Goals & central defending & right back. Which is also why they act as a block. The fact Slot took Quansah out as his first major in-game coaching maneuver doesn't bode well, unless the FSG have another great central defender earmarked.

Ideal situation: Let Trent go in January. Break the block. Then deal with Salah and VVD.

For me letting Trent go is a must. Could restore balance and give opportunity to Szobo (another major signing) to come into his own. Could unlock Nunez too.
Then signing VVD on a 1 or 2 year contract would be good. But prob tricky. Captain w an ego. Might want to keep bossing things, not accept rolling contracts, fewer minutes, lesser roles, etc. Could have Trent-like attitude & behaviour problems.
And I see Salah the same as VVD. Hates being taken off as if he's 22. Can he get goals for one (or even two) more years at LFC? Perhaps to probably, but he must be rotated. Less minutes, but still delivers production. Not a rocket science. PL is the most intense league in the world. LFC is a top club in the PL.

If VVD and Salah don't accept such things then should be let go too. In my opinion. And in that situation Liverpool will probably struggle to replace all three of them at once. Goals & central defending & right back. Which is also why they act as a block. The fact Slot took Quansah out as his first major in-game coaching maneuver doesn't bode well, unless the FSG have another great central defender earmarked.

Ideal situation: Let Trent go in January. Break the block. Then deal with Salah and VVD.
Was not going to reply to this tread, until I read your, post
Just made my think how differently we see things. I Sgree with most of what you say, but I let Salah go, I feel that it would unlock Nunez more than TAA leaving. Salah plays worse each season

I'd still rather keep Trent but I'm not that arsed with this version of him. If he goes to RM he's in for a rude awakening and he'll spend as much time on the bench as in the starting team.
You don't know what you've got until you lose it.
Don’t you mean Jude awakening?
I can see him going to RM then leaving after a season to Chelsea or City on money we should have got.

Ferguson was never one to worry about keeping his star players beyond their prime years and rolled out PL winning team after team.
We always think that the loss of certain players will lead to our demise however the club is on solid ground and with a good manager (laughs and tips hat to Rosco) we'll be up there.
Neither did Shankly and, particularly, Paisley. They ensured great players lost their legs in another team's dressing room.

Back
Top Bottom