• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dear Scouts of Liverpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one header in that compilation. How good is he in that department because it's another area of weakness in our side.

Not one header in that compilation. How good is he in that department because it's another area of weakness in our side.
Ajax are playing two 'wrong-footed' wingers that cuts inside instead of crossing the ball. That part of his game has not been on display so much because of it. He's 1.85 and got the physical traits at least to also be a competent header.

Here's one, necked (?) in..

Yeah, I really want us to sign Goalberg.
Re being handsome, Utd have been winning the league with some of the worst looking teams ever. Think we might have to come to terms with the fact that ugly people can play football aswell....
Not that Goalberg is ugly. He's a Scando for Christ sake. We're all good looking.

Can I please have your attention for 2 minutes and 19 seconds?

Cheers

You're building your self up again only to be disappointed.
My negative on this guy is that he runs like Lazar, ie he kicks the ball 4 or 5 ft in front of him and hopes to out run the opposition.

I don't get the Torres comparisons here apart from the baby face and blonde hair.
He looks far more physical and more of a brute who can bring others into the game.
Looks an exceptional talent though and I'd be delighted if we signed him.
He has all the tools to be a world class striker.

kimmich.jpg

That's where it's at!

Kimmich!

Those defenders look weak as piss, as soon as he starts playing against stronger more physical defenders will he have such luck? How have his performances been against the better sides in the champions league this year?

Those defenders look weak as piss, as soon as he starts playing against stronger more physical defenders will he have such luck? How have his performances been against the better sides in the champions league this year?

He is also only 19. So he'll get stronger.

And if you have to judge him just on these short clips which highlight his best bits its hard to see how he doesn't have a big future ahead of him.

His touch is excellent, his finishing looks good.

It's a valid question really and by all means the Eredivisie is not where you'll find the best central defenders around. Not saying they are all weak, we are still talking about a league that's producing top talent in that area as well (Vertonghen/Alderweireld etc.) but it's definitely not Premier League standards all around.

Having said that you can only play what's being put in front of you and that is exactly what Dolberg has done so far with great success. He has not been tested against the very best yet (he's not even had a full season at senior level mind) but whenever he's faced better opposition (Celta Vigo, FC Copenhagen, Panathinaikos, St. Liege, Feyenoord) he's just continued to bag goals and generally looked at least a head above the rest.

The more I watch him play, and I've also seen those few games of his where he hit a slump in form and looked less impressive, the more he's reminding me of a young Zlatan - only with better agility and more pace and completely without the negative attitude. He's not quite as strong as the Swede, not yet at least, but he is no pushover either. He probably would be asked to do a lot more running under Klopp, but his movements are often so clever and explosive I would almost hope that we instead of turning him into a Marathon-man honed that already impressive awareness and intuition of his. Some adjustment would be needed of course, different league, setup etc.

Watching him wrestle off Zanka (one of the physically strongest Danish defenders at the moment) last week, and doing so with ease showed he's more than capable of the physically part of the game as well. He even scored a goal number two in that encounter (Ajax lost 2-1 in Copenhagen), one that was wrongly dismissed for a foul mind, where he wrestled off two defenders and headed the ball goalwards.

He'd need some time to settle in Liverpool, as would most players, but on the other hand, with even better service and a manager like Klopp to school him further, I wouldn't be too surprised if he more or less hit the ground running. What I am trying to say is, if we buy him, he's not a 2 or 4-year project, where we are gong to ease in him via the U23's, League Cup etc., no, he's simply ready to play from day one, or at least, that's the mindset we need.

He's already performing better than any striker we've got, he's younger, got more obvious key attributes and he's generally more talented.

It's a no-brainer really.. so.. we'll probably look elsewhere.

He is exactly at the right risk-reward profile which makes him affordable for us. I don't think he becomes more "proven" for us if he stays in the Dutch league for more time.

If he proves himself in Spain or England he moves out of our price range barring a contract issue.

Exactly this.

According to Transfermarkt, Ajax are playing a 4-3-3 similar to ours. Just switching it from attacking to defending regarding the midfield. So it seems he's been playing upfront on his own.
Another positive that he's familiar with a similar 4-3-3 system at least.

It's a valid question really and by all means the Eredivisie is not where you'll find the best central defenders around. Not saying they are all weak, we are still talking about a league that's producing top talent in that area as well (Vertonghen/Alderweireld etc.) but it's definitely not Premier League standards all around.

Having said that you can only play what's being put in front of you and that is exactly what Dolberg has done so far with great success. He has not been tested against the very best yet (he's not even had a full season at senior level mind) but whenever he's faced better opposition (Celta Vigo, FC Copenhagen, Panathinaikos, St. Liege, Feyenoord) he's just continued to bag goals and generally looked at least a head above the rest.

The more I watch him play, and I've also seen those few games of his where he hit a slump in form and looked less impressive, the more he's reminding me of a young Zlatan - only with better agility and more pace and completely without the negative attitude. He's not quite as strong as the Swede, not yet at least, but he is no pushover either. He probably would be asked to do a lot more running under Klopp, but his movements are often so clever and explosive I would almost hope that we instead of turning him into a Marathon-man honed that already impressive awareness and intuition of his. Some adjustment would be needed of course, different league, setup etc.

Watching him wrestle off Zanka (one of the physically strongest Danish defenders at the moment) last week, and doing so with ease showed he's more than capable of the physically part of the game as well. He even scored a goal number two in that encounter (Ajax lost 2-1 in Copenhagen), one that was wrongly dismissed for a foul mind, where he wrestled off two defenders and headed the ball goalwards.

He'd need some time to settle in Liverpool, as would most players, but on the other hand, with even better service and a manager like Klopp to school him further, I wouldn't be too surprised if he more or less hit the ground running. What I am trying to say is, if we buy him, he's not a 2 or 4-year project, where we are gong to ease in him via the U23's, League Cup etc., no, he's simply ready to play from day one, or at least, that's the mindset we need.

He's already performing better than any striker we've got, he's younger, got more obvious key attributes and he's generally more talented.

It's a no-brainer really.. so.. we'll probably look elsewhere.
My main concern when I see him is that opposed to seeing a young Torres, I see a Divock Origi with much better feet. Now that isn't necessarily a bad thing as a Divock Origi with better feet would be quite a player, but if we sign this guy he needs to come in and be a big player straight away. Can he be that? You suggest that in your post, but I'm not convinced yet. Maybe I should watch some full games of his, because it's the misses that show how good a striker is, not the goals (well it's both, but you get the point), but the thought of watching football that isn't Liverpool bores me to tears. So I'm not really against his signing, but for the fact that I feel the striker we buy has to be a beast from day one, that's the the only part I'm not convinced of, but I guess that when we aren't in the position to go out and buy Griezmann outright, these are the kind of gambles we are left with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom