• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Citeh admit defat in Eto'o bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Manchester City have ended their interest in Barcelona's Cameroon international striker Samuel Eto'o.

The two clubs had been in talks over the £25m-rated striker after Barca told the 28-year-old Eto'o they were prepared to let him leave the Nou Camp.

City chief executive Garry Cook said: "The circumstances surrounding him were such that a deal couldn't be completed."

Eto'o is the second marquee player City have missed out on following Kaka's decision not to sign in January. City reportedly made a bid in the region of £100m for the Brazilian midfielder, but he opted to stay with AC Milan, before joining Real Madrid in a £60m transfer in June.

Reports suggested the Eastlands club told Eto'o he could earn wages of up to £250,000 per week, which would have made him the highest-paid player in the world. But the transfer became bogged down in a contractual dispute between Eto'o and Barcelona, who has been offered a new two-year contract by the Catalan club.

Eto'o cost Barcelona £16m when he signed from Mallorca in 2004 and the Cameroon forward has scored more than 100 goals in his five seasons with the club. He helped the Catalan side win a treble trophy haul of the Spanish league title, domestic cup and Champions League in the 2008-2009 campaign.

City's summer spending so far has seen them sign striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn for £18m and Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry for £12m.

It also looks like Tevez won't be joining them, if reports today are true. I wonder where he'll go, he's taking his time making a decision.

City should continue to sign players like Barry and Santa Cruz. Build a solid backbone and take the progression step by step. But no, they're like SPECTRE, we want world domination, now!

With 4-5 signings like the two above they could be challenging with Arse for fourth. But this Galactico approach is doomed to fail. Eto'o, Kaka and Terry, its a no go from the start.

[quote author=FPI Project link=topic=34649.msg903988#msg903988 date=1247265015]
Could be a scum target..
[/quote]

If the scum sign him, he'll score all the goals that Ronaldo did in the last two years and they'll probably mop up again next season.
Lets just hope it doesn't fucking happen.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=34649.msg904084#msg904084 date=1247304984]
Could be a scum target..
[/quote]

If the scum sign him, he'll score all the goals that Ronaldo did in the last two years and they'll probably mop up again next season.
[/quote]
How would they incorporate Rooney, Berbatov, Eto and Owen into the same side.
I'd me much more worried if they signed Ribery

[quote author=LFC_DO link=topic=34649.msg904096#msg904096 date=1247307028]
[quote author=Mors link=topic=34649.msg904084#msg904084 date=1247304984]
Could be a scum target..
[/quote]

[/quote]
How would they incorporate Rooney, Berbatov, Eto and Owen into the same side.
I'd me much more worried if they signed Ribery
[/quote]

Good point, seeing as Eto'o, Owen and Dracula are only happy playing upfront through the middle. Lets hope it doesn't happen.

Owen be a very rare starter at OT. And iff he doesn't get off to a flying start, the fans will be on his back. I'd say they will sign another forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom