• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (H) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are one of the few teams who manage to bore us to death.
They can definitely pull off a 0-0, but not on Wednesday. We're motivated and in form.
I think we'll score a few.

Goes without saying, but it’s a must win. Seeing how our season has gone compared to theirs, we must still be kicking ourselves about dropping 2 points there first day.
Why? We didn't deserve to win... We started well and was were on top for the most of the 1st half and Chelsea were better in the 2nd half.. We didn't deserve to win.

Why? We didn't deserve to win... We started well and was were on top for the most of the 1st half and Chelsea were better in the 2nd half.. We didn't deserve to win.
Nope, fair points. I just mean the season over all. I think that game comes just a little later, and we win.

Our head to head record against Chelsea is something like 4 draws and a defeat in our last five games. We haven't beaten them in the PL since 2020. I know we think they're shit, but they've generally had our number.
We'll destroy them at our fortress. They got lucky the last few times and it's about time we put things right.

I've just noticed that Lavia got injured in his comeback game (thigh this time) and is unavailable again.

I've just noticed that Lavia got injured in his comeback game (thigh this time) and is unavailable again.
So far we have been lucky those deals fell through but plenty of years for both to excel with 8 year contracts.

So far we have been lucky those deals fell through but plenty of years for both to excel with 8 year contracts.
If either of them are consistent starters for Chelsea in 5 years time, Let alone 8, I'd be surprised

The Carabao Cup final between Liverpool and Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday, 25 February will now kick off at 15:00 GMT on police advice.

The match was originally scheduled to kick-off at 16:30 but has been designated a 'high-risk' fixture.

The fixture kicked off at 16:30 when the two clubs met in the 2022 final, but there has since been a change in the way police manage such matches.

The EFL said, external it was "disappointed" at the switch "at this late stage".
--------
Whereas I'm fucking delighted ! Instead of a 00.30 KO it's now 23.00. Much better.

Q. How do I now remove links? The 'remove formatting' button has no effect on links and there is no 'remove link' in the Link icon.

I’m more confident than usual going into a Chelsea game. Yes, they retain a squad of individual players with the ability to turn a game, but they’re really a disjointed bunch led by a manager shy of the kind of practical ability of a Klopp.

They are vulnerable in defence given that Silva is in decline, Colwill remains a work in progress and their other rotated CBs are raw as fuck. In midfield, Caicedo has had a pretty awful start to life there relative to his inflated fee and I’m sure Jones and Szobo will absolutely press the life out of him and the adaptable but limited Gallagher. Up front, they simply haven’t got the consistent firepower to trouble a Liverpool back line in top form.

So, I think, for once, we’ll win this comfortably 3-0. Nunez to continue his recent goalscoring form and Szobo to return with a 25 yard screamer.

Last edited:

London Standard​

Levi Colwill a doubt to face Liverpool after missing training​

The defender pulled out of the draw with Aston Villa with a hamstring injury and has still not recovered.

Mauricio Pochettino wants the England international back to face Liverpool, but the player was unable to train on Monday.
Alternative defensive options are Benoit Badiashile, who would replace Colwill at centre-back, and Ben Chilwell, who will likely come in at left-back.
Chilwell was a substitute against Villa and should be fit enough to start his first Premier League match since September, having only recently returned after four months out.

If Colwill fails to face Liverpool, he is expected to be fit to face Wolves on Sunday.
Christopher Nkunku and Trevoh Chalobah were back in training and could be fit enough for the bench at Anfield, but some care will be taken for their reintroduction after numerous fitness issues.

Goalkeeper Robert Sanchez was also back training on Monday for the first time since sustaining a knee injury in early September. It is a positive step in his ongoing recovery.
He remains out for Liverpool, joining Malo Gusto, Reece James, Marc Cucurella, Romeo Lavia, Lesley Ugochukwu and Wesley Fofana on the sidelines.

Don't see anybody beating us home this season so not worried about losing.

A draw is a strong possibility, gonna have to work harder than we have in recent games to come away with 3 points.

I see it as needing to guarantee three points against Chelsea, as anything can happen against Arsenal. Look at the FA cup game, with 1% more favourable margins they are 4-0 up in the first half. Imagine if we throw away a chance of a win against Chelsea by 'resting' our in form players for a game that is arguably our second hardest fixture of the season.

I'm willing to be surprised and for Gakpo to start up top and play a blinder. But I'm nervous about complacency, and would also be a bit bemused if we prioritised Jota getting 90 mins vs. Norwich over 90 mins vs. Chelsea.

Taking 3 points in this is absolutely critical to this season.

This is no way a given, they've won I think 5 out 5 and are almost level with Man U. I am happy with a scrappy 2-1 win

Don't see anybody beating us home this season so not worried about losing.

A draw is a strong possibility, gonna have to work harder than we have in recent games to come away with 3 points.
I don't think they will turn up and leave with anything - I don't think anyone else will either. Those Chelsea kids and their grandpa Brazilian guy will leave absolutely battered, we will probably witness the ultimate meltdown of a bunch of overpaid kids, they may even shit themselves on the pitch due to the noise levels tonight.

Reactions: jan
The bad news is that despite the very unpredictable nature of this Chelsea side, the one thing that has been predictable is that they have turned up against the better sides. They've gained a point against us, Arsenal and City. That's not some kind of coincidence. Their chief problem has been playing against the Brentfords, Fulhams and Wolves of the world, teams that play a highly effective low block and wait to spring the Chelsea overcommitment with mobile tricky players on the break.

If a team comes to play against them, this Chelsea team are a totally different prospect. I know that's not the news we want to hear, but that's the facts. A noisy Anfield and a tight 2-1 win will do me rightly.

The bad news is that despite the very unpredictable nature of this Chelsea side, the one thing that has been predictable is that they have turned up against the better sides. They've gained a point against us, Arsenal and City. That's not some kind of coincidence. Their chief problem has been playing against the Brentfords, Fulhams and Wolves of the world, teams that play a highly effective low block and wait to spring the Chelsea overcommitment with mobile tricky players on the break.

If a team comes to play against them, this Chelsea team are a totally different prospect. I know that's not the news we want to hear, but that's the facts. A noisy Anfield and a tight 2-1 win will do me rightly.
I really have this feeling that it won't matter tonight, they can be at their best, but the crowd, and our players will kill them, abuse them, make them feel like the inexperienced little brats that they are. Little pussy's that need their mama's milk - that's how they will leave tonight. They may never recover from tonight.

We need a win here tonight. Biggly.
Come on all of you !!!! - this is no time to show any reasoning or looking back at past draws with this plastic blueshite club, we should just be positive and think of how we are going to absolutely batter these juvenile cunts - like I have visions of them weeing themselves on the pitch due to the noise levels, smashing them up so good that Palmer needs subbing with tears in his eyes, and Caicedo shitting himself on the pitch.

Reactions: jan

I said the same earlier, luckily we are defending pretty well, so you would think we would put up a similar kind of stubborn defense they have been struggling against. But who knows. I worry about Sterling and co against Trent if he plays at right back. Other than that, hopefully we can dominate them and get at them early.

I said the same earlier, luckily we are defending pretty well, so you would think we would put up a similar kind of stubborn defense they have been struggling against. But who knows. I worry about Sterling and co against Trent if he plays at right back. Other than that, hopefully we can dominate them and get at them early.
I don't know, we haven't given away many goals but the fact is, we're not the same kind of 'stubborn defence' they're struggling against. We do commit to attack and are pretty far away from the low block sides they hate. Pundits love to say "Liverpool give you a chance [of a goal]", and whilst the stats say we don't give you that great a chance, we all know, we actually do give teams a chance, and get bailed out here and there by having the best no. 1 in the world, and that we're still gonna score 3 against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom