• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Captain Konate?

Stevesquash

Very Active
Ok, so i was screaming at the TV when he fucked up and completely let them back in out of nowhere, but i think he's really developing rapidly this season.

He looks more composed and accurate with the ball. He does his basics as well as anyone, and is an absolute mountain. Hes quick for a CB and covers Trent really well. Now he's scoring too, and looks a nightmare to try and defend. Along with VVD we're a real menace at set plays again.

On top of all this, he speaks so well, his team mates obviously love him and is turning into a leader. Future captain?

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1frl7eq/post_match_interview_konategravenberch/

Love the guy but Captain? Maybe a long list ahead of him.

However as a CB he's brilliant (if he can stay fit) :

Screenshot-2024-09-29-at-23-05-13.png

Hasn't Ibou captained one of the French lower age group international sides though? I wouldn't make him LFC first team skipper at this stage but I do think he has the potential to grow into the job. I'm less convinced that Trent does BTW.

I think he could grow into being a leader at the back, but he still seems to need Vigil next to him to excel.

I see Virgil, Trent, Macca ahead of him in captain stakes. It's great to see him growing, he makes the odd brain fart still but he has been very important for us this season, as the stats also show.

At his best, he's a monster. He's got all the qualities to be world class.

The issue is that injuries (and at times, the form that has followed) has disrupted his progress. As a result he's probably not developed on his early potential as much as he should've (or at least I hoped he would).

The main thing is that he stays fit now. If he can do that, the rest will hopefully follow.

It's difficult to say without knowing who'll still be here.

Ideally Virg will hang onto it for the next 2-3 years, if not then Ali. After that is anybody's guess....I think Mac would make for a good captain, seems like a very level headed guy with a smart football brain.

Ok, so i was screaming at the TV when he fucked up and completely let them back in out of nowhere, but i think he's really developing rapidly this season.

He looks more composed and accurate with the ball. He does his basics as well as anyone, and is an absolute mountain. Hes quick for a CB and covers Trent really well. Now he's scoring too, and looks a nightmare to try and defend. Along with VVD we're a real menace at set plays again.

On top of all this, he speaks so well, his team mates obviously love him and is turning into a leader. Future captain?

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1frl7eq/post_match_interview_konategravenberch/

@moron you do know that's not CJ but Grav (with your love emoji). you left your glasses on table or something? Before you say it, they look nothing alike

@moron you do know that's not CJ but Grav (with your love emoji). you left your glasses on table or something? Before you say it, they look nothing alike
The love emoji was for the vid itself - was funny and I have nothing against Gravy or Ibou. I also don't think Curtis is fighting for that same spot as Gravy occupies. Curtis is a natural 10 or Left Sided attacking midfielder - probably the best in the world if given the chance. But because so many Liverpool fans don't rate him - he is unlikely to reach full potential. Liverpool fans tend to be cunts at times, hating on their own.

"Konate spoke to the press with Gravenberch after Liverpool beat Wolves 2-1, after the defender scored the opening goal of the game. Mohamed Salah also netted, while Wolves' strike came from Rayan Ait-Nouri. After the game, the defender was confused as to why he did not win the Man of the Match award, but Arne Slot brutally explained that he was to blame for conceding.

"Then maybe he forgot the moment we conceded a goal," the coach said on Sky Sports. "That was the reason we conceded as he wasn't there and it was avoidable."

I think he could grow into being a leader at the back, but he still seems to need Vigil next to him to excel.

I see Virgil, Trent, Macca ahead of him in captain stakes. It's great to see him growing, he makes the odd brain fart still but he has been very important for us this season, as the stats also show.
He dont need Virgil to be at his best, Arsenal away in FA Cuo showed that. He is cool headed like Virgil when he talks. Also @rurikbird , think you want him to be capatain because Captain Konate has a nice thing to it.

The love emoji was for the vid itself - was funny and I have nothing against Gravy or Ibou. I also don't think Curtis is fighting for that same spot as Gravy occupies. Curtis is a natural 10 or Left Sided attacking midfielder - probably the best in the world if given the chance. But because so many Liverpool fans don't rate him - he is unlikely to reach full potential. Liverpool fans tend to be cunts at times, hating on their own.
Nothing to do with fans... more to do with his body and being managed.

I wasn't saying captain now, or even next (i like the Macca shout) but in due course.

Was really nice to see him bantering with Grav and the interviewer. I feel this team spirit, and the quality of the character of the players Klopp has left behind, is a massive part of his legacy.

I understand the idea of trent being captain, but dont like it. Hope he proves me wrong though...

Looks like it will be Macca next.

Alisson said: “I am committed to this club 100%, and I think that involves being part of this leadership group. Me, Virgil, Robbo, Trent, Mo – Macca [Alexis Mac Allister] now is someone that is bringing his experience as well.

“He is young, but he has achieved so many things already, and that brings him to a standard of good leadership.”

I'm sorry, mate... What?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom