• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anti-Pep backlash

Personally I am happy to trade excitement for success and I'm not sure why people are being so prickly when it is said what we are less exciting to watch this season.
Saying we have more control of a game now
shouldn't be taken as a criticism of Klopp no more than saying that we are less gung ho is a criticism of Slot.
Dear @the count

There is one thing worse about exciting football than anything else - especially the Klopp type of exciting football. You know with all that pressing and pressing will eventually mean the players are going to get f*cked, and after all that effort for a whole season - you don't win the top prize, its actually bad for player morale long term and their physical condition. What we had under Klopp except for that season where we won the league and lets not forget most of those league games that season were about control and winning games by one goal. We were on drugs under Klopp - the excitement of the football was akin to being on a high with drugs only you realize when it wears off that you did not win the big prizes. That was the issue we had with Klopp. Slot is playing the football at the moment that is all about control and winning games and taking the sting out of the occasion just like we did at Old Trafford. Under Klopp we drew games that we should not have done, especially to shit like Everton away - I bet Slot tells our boys - don't let the occasion get to you - you play your own game and we come away with a win.

I loved the time under Klopp - but I also got frustrated with him on many occasions. I am not surprised he left last season - the midfielders he bought were too technically gifted to just be pressing and running machines which is what Klopp loves most in midfielders and clearly he lacked appreciation of their technical ability.

MORON

Maybe people are just upset that Trent’s not inverting into midfield and defending well - that’s 2 critical moany items Slots removed from the moany list.

Heaven help us if Mo starts passing and Darwin starts scoring… we’ll be left with moaning that the shirts aren’t the right colour of red.

Back
Top Bottom