• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

“Moyes is a worthless man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Van der Meyde: Moyes tried to destroy me
by Robin Hackett , 30 May 2009

Andy van der Meyde has launched an astonishing attack on David Moyes, claiming the BlueShite boss tried to ‘destroy’ him.

The 29-year-old former Holland international has endured a miserable time at Goodison Park since his 2005 move from Inter, making just 24 appearances in four years.

As well as a succession of injuries and reported alcohol problems, Van der Meyde had personal issues when his daughter, Dolce, was born with severe health issues in 2007 and was unable to leave hospital.

However, Dolce can now be moved and Van der Meyde says that, as his daughter’s health is no longer a factor, he wants to leave the club.

"Things are going well with her,†he is quoted as telling De Telegraaf.

“In the last two years, a number of clubs wanted to sign me, but we were not willing to take Dolce away from that hospital and her doctors.

“Everton did not understand that – they thought that I was just staying here for the money.

“Dolce was the reason that I wanted to stay, but that was not apparent to them.

“We can move Dolce now, so we have plenty of options, including the Netherlands.

“I am running on the treadmill every day and I’m fully fit – and, for once, I hope to stay fit for a while.

“Moyes is a worthless man who tried to destroy me, but he didn’t succeed. You cannot write me off.â€

He added: "For the fans and players, I hope BlueShite win the FA Cup.

“Would I begrudge the coach winning it? I don’t want to say anything about that.

“Wayne Rooney also said something about him and he ended up facing a lawsuit."

Van der Meyde believes he has not been given a chance to prove himself at the club.

"Last summer, I had a good pre-season, but just before the start of the campaign I suffered a six-centimetre tear in my hamstring,†he said.

“When I was fit, I was hardly given any opportunities.

“On several occasions, I was told that I would be in the squad on the Saturday, but then when I arrived at the stadium, I would end up in the stands.â€

Van der Meyde has also played down reports that he has issues with drinking.

"I don’t deny that I occasionally like to go out in the city, but it is nonsense to suggest that I don’t know how a professional is supposed to behave," he said.

Van der Meyde has been linked with a move to Blackburn.

-------------------------

Tell me something I don't already know.
Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if Benitez bought Van der Meyde and he turned out to be class like his Ajax days. Can you imagine how he'd play against BlueShite?

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34331.msg893527#msg893527 date=1245759707]
How old is this?
[/quote]
About a month but still very enjoying to read.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34331.msg893527#msg893527 date=1245759707]
How old is this?
[/quote]

23 days old.

I remember when BlueShite signed him some on here were pissed as we were looking for a class winger at the time and here was BlueShite picking up a Dutch international for 5.5mill that could play on both wings... Well done Rafa for steering well clear!

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34331.msg893534#msg893534 date=1245760098]
I bet his other daughter's called Gabbana.
[/quote]

Hahaha

It's funny how some managers seem to escape much attention for their dodgy signings. Moyes has made some good buys, but the likes of Johnson and Beattie have been pretty dubious, and who was that player they signed who it turned out could barely even head a ball? Like Allardyce, he gets an easy ride from the press.

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34331.msg893545#msg893545 date=1245760840]
It's funny how some managers seem to escape much attention for their dodgy signings. Moyes has made some good buys, but the likes of Johnson and Beattie have been pretty dubious, and who was that player they signed who it turned out could barely even head a ball? Like Allardyce, he gets an easy ride from the press.
[/quote]

Macca, you're obsession with the press is reaching Houllier-like proportions. I'm worried about you.

Fuck football...

That poor bloke's daughter hasn't been able to leave the hospital since 2007? Dear Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom