• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Your thoughts on next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a player that stands out and consistently performance at the highest level.

That's my version of world Class

How would you define world class
giphy.gif

World class = top 5 in your position. Anything else is factually incorrect.
There's no official matrices to decide who the best players are beyond strikers. Jude is a great number 8 world class or not. However, you don't go out and buy a Ferrari when you're roof needs retiled.
I am hoping a SD comes in and puts a plan for transfer where we try recruit diamonds in the rough along with those that are very very good. Now if we sold players as oppose to letting them wind down their contract a getting pittances for them as they head into the last year of their contract our transfer funds would be so much more healthier.
Next season, Morton and Sepp Van Der Berg should either be promoted or sold especially the latter. Does Gomez have future? IMHO, no. Too injury prone and too much football flatulence. Him and Trent defending the Right was comedy gold for opposition supporters.

It's all gone quiet over there.

Tell me - how would you define "world class"?

OH GOD!!!!!!

You’ve only gone and pressed the big red button marked “DO NOT PRESS!!!”.

Next you’ll be asking what traits should a DM have and what his best starting XI will be!!!

It is quite easy to ask a question to try and make a point, then post a gif thinking you have made that point.... But I guess it is not so easy to anwser that same question yourself
Stevie got it. I was making reference to a long standing joke about the futility of defining what defines "world class', and then laughing at you taking the bait.

No deep point was being made as it is also well established that I know fuck all about football.

I’ve had another thought. Chelsea have signed Potch. If we don’t splash some silly money in the summer, it’ll be a long time before we hit top four.

Klopp seem to think we can step up and challenge again, so if he thinks so then I'm on board.

Glad we’ve finally signed a world class player after all these years…

I think he'll pick it back up next season & look more like the Fab we know.

Just something inside me you know.
If we get a number 6, and Spanish Steve carries on where he left off, where does that leave Fabs? Considering Konate is injury prone as is Matip , Nats is leavingand Gomez is shit... Fab allows the club to play 3 without buying a player

I have loved Thiago and at times he was unplayable but with injuries so frequent and prolonged, I would, and I hate to say it, sell Thiago. It frees up £15M a year, and could bring in a additional £10m or so.

If we get a number 6, and Spanish Steve carries on where he left off, where does that leave Fabs? Considering Konate is injury prone as is Matip , Nats is leavingand Gomez is shit... Fab allows the club to play 3 without buying a player

Fabs is slower than evolution - he’d be a liability playing in a high line at the back for prolonged periods.

I have loved Thiago and at times he was unplayable but with injuries so frequent and prolonged, I would, and I hate to say it, sell Thiago. It frees up £15M a year, and could bring in a additional £10m or so.

Time we cashed in on players now instead of letting everyone go for nothing.

If an offer comes in for Fab for 20m or similiar, we should look to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom