• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Your thoughts on next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Let's just imagine FSG gave Klopp a net spend of £150m plus any sales, you can only bring in 4 outfield players plus a GK. Any free agents would have a signing on fee, so estimate what you think that will be and subtract that from the budget
  1. Who would you buy?
  2. Who would you sell?
  3. What would be the main formation and line-up?

Does it have to be "who" we would buy, can it not be "what"?

Personally I'm sick of footballers and think they're all good for nothing pieces of crap.....thus I would buy (on behalf of FSG's money of course), 600 million freddo bars.

Does it have to be "who" we would buy, can it not be "what"?

Personally I'm sick of footballers and think they're all good for nothing pieces of crap.....thus I would buy (on behalf of FSG's money of course), 600 million freddo bars.

I was thinking of spending the money buying Anna de Armas, Alexandria Daddario, Margot Robbie, Gail Gadot & Scarlet Johansson - formations would be inventive and the only thing sold would be my soul…

I was thinking of spending the money buying Anna de Armas, Alexandria Daddario, Margot Robbie, Gail Gadot & Scarlet Johansson - formations would be inventive and the only thing sold would be my soul…

It only said 150m.....not 1500m......

Ana de Armas, holy fucking smokes the things I'd do.

I think wossname who used to build this place made a few bots who'd create the same pointless topics on a randomised loop, just before he left.

------------------------Alisson------------------------------
-------------------Konate---VVD----Roberston-------
--------Trent------Ugarte------------Caicedo-----------
---Salah---------------Gakpo----------------Diaz------
-------------------------Nunez------------------------------

Personally, I would blow the budget on Ugarte and Caicedo. Surrounding Trent with destroyer-type CMs will free him up further. The system indulges Nunez, but I think now he's here we have to give him a shot at making it work. I don't believe he's ever going to be a brilliant LWF in a 4-3-3, but with Trent's creativity being unleashed further we can create chances that even Nunez can tuck away.

Last edited:
How do you guys know Moises isn't a 1 season wonder? I know all signings are a gamble, but this player reminds me too much of Naby, and at £80m, just a huge risk. Ali Mac has done it on world stage, and we probably could get him around £60m.
Ugarte is a great buy... Again he will need a couple months to bed in. Him and Ali Mac could work just as well as Ali Mac and Caicedo.
Has any one got any thoughts on Neves, Trent can't play every game? Thiago is injury prone. Probably could get him for £30M

------------------------Alisson------------------------------
-------------------Konate---VVD----Roberston-------
--------Trent------Ugarte------------Caicedo-----------
---Salah---------------Gakpo----------------Diaz------
-------------------------Nunez------------------------------
Personally I'd go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with say Nunez and Jota. I would most certainly like to see Salah being benched more when he isn't performing

How do you guys know Moises isn't a 1 season wonder? I know all signings are a gamble, but this player reminds me too much of Naby, and at £80m, just a huge risk. Ali Mac has done it on world stage, and we probably could get him around £60m.
Ugarte is a great buy... Again he will need a couple months to bed in. Him and Ali Mac could work just as well as Ali Mac and Caicedo.
Has any one got any thoughts on Neves, Trent can't play every game? Thiago is injury prone. Probably could get him for £30M

It is a risk, but Caicedo is just top-quality CM for me. The Brighton fans are ambivalent about losing Mac Alister whereas Caicedo has become irreplaceable. Nothing gets down his side of midfield and it frees up the likes of Mitoma to cause havoc on turnovers. I'd like to see Diaz/Trent/Salah to given similar opportunities.

My main concern is that he would throw his toys out of the pram if Madrid came knocking.

It is a risk, but Caicedo is just top-quality CM for me. The Brighton fans are ambivalent about losing Mac Alister whereas Caicedo has become irreplaceable. Nothing gets down his side of midfield and it frees up the likes of Mitoma to cause havoc on turnovers. I'd like to see Diaz/Trent/Salah to given similar opportunities.

My main concern is that he would throw his toys out of the pram if Madrid came knocking.

their midfield is sorted for the next 10 years

Have to get use to the fact that this version of Liverpool FC (The FSG owned version) will never sign a World Class player.
It is criminal that we did not sign sign Jude Bellingham, a player that wanted to sign for us...

Next season the best we can hope for is a top four finish and a good run in the Europa League,FA Cup and League Cup

their midfield is sorted for the next 10 years
That is a really good point and it's actually quite surprising how easy a fix it is with Trent moving in there. Without working it through, it just seemed like an unsolvable problem with the budget we're likely to have, but I'm actually quite optimistic now. Then keep the old blokes for cover and training ground influence.

Have to get use to the fact that this version of Liverpool FC (The FSG owned version) will never sign a World Class player.
It is criminal that we did not sign sign Jude Bellingham, a player that wanted to sign for us...

Next season the best we can hope for is a top four finish and a good run in the Europa League,FA Cup and League Cup
Yeah, if only they'd signed already world class players like Van Dijk or Allison, or about to be world class like Mane & Salah

Yeah, if only they'd signed already world class players like Van Dijk or Allison, or about to be world class like Mane & Salah
Please.... Allison nor VVd were consider world at the time we signed them..

I am on taking about players that as consider to be World Class now, and FSG will not part with the money willing to do that.
Unless we find another player to sell for Coutinho money

Please.... Allison nor VVd were consider world at the time we signed them..

I am on taking about players that as consider to be World Class now, and FSG will not part with the money willing to do that.
Unless we find another player to sell for Coutinho money

We literally paid world record fees for both of them. They were on the cusp on being recognized as world class and immediately proved themselves so upon arrival.

We literally paid world record fees for both of them. They were on the cusp on being recognized as world class and immediately proved themselves so upon arrival.
Hard agree on that. Recognised is the key word - they were both world class when they arrived, it was just that not everyone had noticed.

The issue has been not signing enough players and young talent when they're 18 rather than buying world class players.
My big issue with transfers is we don't like to sell high ticket players, but rather allow them to go free thus crippling any budget/model the club had
My view would be buy a £50m and then try to find gems around the £10-15m mark by sending scouts far and wide.

But not quiet there...

The issue has been not signing enough players and young talent when they're 18 rather than buying world class players.
My big issue with transfers is we don't like to sell high ticket players, but rather allow them to go free thus crippling any budget/model the club had
My view would be buy a £50m and then try to find gems around the £10-15m mark by sending scouts far and wide.

My thing is that we are looking for two or there good midfields when we should buy at least one Quality player Like Belingham and one good midfielder...
A player like Bellingham is a difference maker.
He would be like another Gerrard in the way he lifts the team

But not quiet there...

My thing is that we are looking for two or there good midfields when we should buy at least one Quality player Like Belingham and one good midfielder...
A player like Bellingham is a difference maker.
He would be like another Gerrard in the way he lifts the team
It's all gone quiet over there.

Tell me - how would you define "world class"?

It's all gone quiet over there.

Tell me - how would you define "world class"?

I would say a player that stands out and consistently performance at the highest level.

That's my version of world Class

How would you define world class

I would say a player that stands out and consistently performance at the highest level.

That's my version of world Class

How would you define world class

And you don't think Virgil and Ali were at that level at that time? I'm just not sure there's much further to discuss here, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom