• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why Leicester are title challengers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester and City both have one more game and then they play each other... How do we want that to go?

City win? (Hurts Leicester,who are our closest rivals on points)
Leicester win? (Hurts City, who have the stronger team)
Or a draw where they both take points off each other.

Personally, I'd take a Leicester win as I don't think City could close a 17 point gap, and I don't consider Leicester to be a threat in the long run.

City winning you would still give them a little hope, probably not much, they need us to Wipeout even then.. If they get their act together they could theoretically win every game left this season and that would mean we can only screw up so many times (and we will have injuries).

We've won the league. 100%

Once is premature Celebration

Twice is boasting before the event

Third time is just inviting trouble

Fourth time is a fucking jinx

Please don`t invoke the Gods of Jinx on us I fucking hate hunting down fellow LFC fans and opening the can of Whoopass on them and normally ends in sadness for us both :(

Please don`t invoke the Gods of Jinx on us I fucking hate hunting down fellow LFC fans and opening the can of Whoopass on them and normally ends in sadness for us both :(
If you value your jawline and the sanctity of your dog's asshole, I'd advise you tread lightly here.

What's the general consensus about Rodgers now?

He did well for about 18 months here and had us playing some fantastic football. Then swept away the Scottish League, which everyone dismissed as cannon fodder, and now he's come back to the Premiership and is doing well with a Leicester side that were faltering beforehand.

I think he'll push for a top job again in a few years, if he can sustain this level with Leicester, which was his biggest failing here, that he couldn't attract the players, keep the players (he's not alone there) and make a team consistently solid.

Has he learned from his previous naivety defensively? Can he keep a team motivated for the longterm?

You're new around here, but it's only fair to let you know that Skully is one of the hardest men on the internet. He has broken more jaws than a breakfast chef has cracked eggs.

City draw with Leicester is our best outcome. Us beating Leicester is an even better one.
The thought of Rodgers stroking Klopp's cheek if he beats us doesn't bear thinking about.

He's a good "good times" manager. At least he was with us... He's nice and fluffy and huggy and can help a good vibe continue and does well when things are sunny and bright.

What he showed with us was, little spine when things go south. He was too accepting and forgiving of defeat and too much of a soft guy to inspire fear and turn things around.

He's done great so far with Leicester, can't fault him... He's not a bad manager though, never was.

Let's see how he does if Leicester lose a few on the trot... See if things collapse or if he has the spine to turn things around now. The old Rodgers would have not been able to stop a poor run... Let's see if he has grown.

He will be a top rate manager one day. He may even be good enough to manage us again one day... I'm holding judgement until I see him come out of hole.

Uh oh. This isn’t going to end well.

He did well for about 18 months here and had us playing some fantastic football. Then swept away the Scottish League, which everyone dismissed as cannon fodder, and now he's come back to the Premiership and is doing well with a Leicester side that were faltering beforehand.

I think he'll push for a top job again in a few years, if he can sustain this level with Leicester, which was his biggest failing here, that he couldn't attract the players, keep the players (he's not alone there) and make a team consistently solid.

Has he learned from his previous naivety defensively? Can he keep a team motivated for the longterm?
I'm hoping he does well enough to qualify for next season's Champions League, as we could all do with a bit of a laugh in our post league winners party hangover season.

Proved so far to be an Excellent manager and has been fantastic on his return, Leicester are very lucky to have him and he has picked well. However, Europe is his Achilles heal and has yet to show he has a way to play on Europe first and secondly he can negotiate both massive competitions once qualified during the same seadon. Thirdly, being able to replace your best striker when the time comes right. If he can do that, then he can build his dynasty at Leicester or take any top job Europe. Not many top managers about, quite a few big clubs still looking which is unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a great coach. His eye for talent is questionable, though. Which is why he needed (and still needs) a [good] director of football above him.

Since leaving us, he seems to have learned a lesson. Enough to steer clear of the Clint Dempsey, Christian Benteke and Joe Allen type-- decent mid-table players but nowhere near good enough for a team challenging.

Oh, he's a smart negotiator, too. He squeezed Leicester there for a new contract.

His Plan A is excellent. He didnt have a Plan B with us and he hasn't had to shown that he's developed one with either Celtic or Leicester. He's a very good coach though and have Leicester playing both great offensive and defensively sound football.

Seems like he's learned to let the player purchasing to the organization and get out of infighting, which is a good decision.

I like him, hope he does well and establishes Leicester as a consistent top 6 side at the expense of one of the usuals. Hope he realises he has it good there and doesnt let his ego lead him to the job at one of our top rivals.

They’ve yet to beat any of the top teams. Their two losses were against us and United. Since then drew with others around them. I don’t think they are going to go on and win all their matches.

Leicester players are known to down tools when things don’t go their way. Rodgers is also quite well known for running players the wrong way especially when he get the chance to splurge those cash.

It all boils down to whether they could keep their players this January and also next summer. That’s when you see the real Rodgers come into play. They’ve been very lucky with VAR, with 10points decision going to their favour.

They are a bit too close to my liking to be honest. But so remember, like the time they won the league, teams don’t take them seriously yet. That could change come second half of the season. We shall see.

A few factors that is going their way, no euro football, no injuries and VAR-dy is on form. That made their run looked this impressive.

I think we're all jumping the gun and maybe we're a bit spoilt as well.
I mean, we haven't even played half the season yet.
Yes, Leicester are only 8 points behind us but in a "normal" premier League season that would be gigantic after 16 games played. Don't get me wrong, they're having a great season but the gap is imo much larger than it actually looks. Being 14 points ahead of Man C, now that's something.

We just have to keep going. Leicester are gonna have tough games and so will Man C and even if we're 20 points ahead of both teams by the end of January, I wouldn't want us to take our foot off the pedal.

One game at a time, just like Klopp says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom