• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who's next to go? (Sack race)

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who do you think will get sacked next?

• Cooper

• Hodgson

• Ten Hag

• Kompany

• Someone else, who?

• Pochettino

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and this is where the facts spoil a good story. There genuinely is NO point sacking Ten Hags now. The squad is more of an issue than him. The best thing they can do now is hide the cheque book and let this season slide. Martial is out of contract at the end of the season and they can spend the next 6 months lining up as many deals as possible to shift the shit during the summer. Then new manager appointment, cheque book out and start afresh

Well, I was only passing on what a (thoroughly disgruntled) Manc of my acquaintance had messaged me - maybe more in hope than expectation? - and the above makes good sound sense. Problem is that decision-making at football clubs in trouble doesn't always fit that description.

As far as Zidane's lack of English goes, he'd hardly be the first managerial import from abroad to have to learn on the job. Pochettino for one used a translator for a long time after he first arrived.

Reactions: dee
His first team was:

Ming - Clyne/Skittles/Sakho/Moreno - Lucas/Can/Milner - Llalana/Coutinho - Origi

Well, I was only passing on what a (thoroughly disgruntled) Manc of my acquaintance had messaged me, and the above makes good sound sense. Problem is that decision-making at football clubs in trouble doesn't always fit that description.

As far as Zidane's lack of English goes, he'd hardly be the first managerial import from abroad to have to learn on the job. Pochettino for one used a translator for a long time after he first arrived.

Bielsa too

I voted Pochettino, BTW. 5 months in he seems to be no closer to figuring out how to fashion anything resembling a team out of his young charges. Boehli doesn't seem like a particularly patient man.

Tbh the issue is (hilariously) Boehly. Pump all the money in you like, but if you're gonna skimp and make 8 year deals, you're going to struggle the highest tier of talent which they need now. Journeymen and kids wanting a payday is their transfer style

You’d think wouldn’t you. He doesn’t seem terribly popular today
Well it's because they(fans) thought they'd sell Rice and then suddenly turn into a top 6 team. It's all hubris.

Ten Sack surely? Antony looks to be the worlds most expensive fidget. Onana is a shocking. Rashford has turned trash

Haag has to be the most vulnerable. I'll be amazed if the new investors would trust him with more cash. He has signed players he worked with day in, day out for huge sums and they've flopped. I simply wouldn't trust his judgment in the market.

Howes stock is also falling, although I think he's had them over preforming for long periods. They haven't got the depth needed to compete on all fronts and that is showing.

Haag has to be the most vulnerable. I'll be amazed if the new investors would trust him with more cash. He has signed players he worked with day in, day out for huge sums and they've flopped. I simply wouldn't trust his judgment in the market.

Howes stock is also falling, although I think he's had them over preforming for long periods. They haven't got the depth needed to compete on all fronts and that is showing.
This is where, in modern football anyway, you need a competent director of football (transfer committee anyone?) You can’t trust a manager to make those decisions and, once in a while, may have to overrule him.

Saudi’s aren’t in it without exposure, so no Champions league, no Howe

Arguably they overachieved last year in qualifying, so they may be willing to give a bit of leniency but you've got to think he's feeling a bit of heat.

Listen to this man talk:

I really hope we have him lined up as Klopp's successor. Bar Pep L, I can't see a more suitable replacement.
I highly doubt that Xabi will stick around until 2026 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom