• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who am I ?( Very easy edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Please use a SPOILER tag so that others can guess as well

I was born in the south of England and I started my senior career playing for my hometown team's fiercest rival.
I'm a midfielder and I spent most of my career in the Premier League, 13 seasons to be exact. During that time I only played for two teams.

I've played with Christian Ziege, Jermaine Pennant, Emile Heskey, Jamie Redknapp and Salif Diao, but I've never played for Liverpool FC.

I played for England in two major competitions and I finished my career playing for my hometown team's other rival.

Who am I?

This hint will make it even more obvious so, don't look unless you think I'm being too vague
I've also played with Robbie Keane, John Scales and Neil Ruddock

Last edited:
Please use a SPOILER tag so that others can guess as well

I was born in the south of England and I started my career playing for my hometown team's fiercest rival.
I'm a midfielder and I spent most of my career in the Premier League, 13 seasons to be exact. During that time I only played for two teams.

I've played with Christian Ziege, Jermaine Pennant, Emile Heskey, Jamie Redknapp and Salif Diao, but I've never played for Liverpool FC.

I played for England in two major competitions and I finished my career playing for my hometown team's other rival.

Who am I?

This hint will make it even more obvious so, don't look unless you think I'm being too vague
I've also played with Robbie Keane, John Scales and Neil Ruddock
I was going to say Frank Lampard but turns out he also played for Man City. Its a Spurs player I guess then?

I was going to say Frank Lampard but turns out he also played for Man City. Its a Spurs player I guess then?
Frank played for more than two teams in the premier league and I can't really confirm or deny your second statement.

Born in South of England...only 2 clubs and were the fiercest rivals.

So a midfielder who played for both Portsmouth and Southampton/Spurs around the mid-late naughties then....must be a pretty known player too if he's played for England at 2 tournaments. Mmmh....

Or it can be someone who played for a Portsmouth and a Spurs?

An England international who played most of his career at just two clubs but had brief stints in Scotland and Canada.
His highest honour was winning the FA Cop at age 38.
Who is he?
@tombrown

So a midfielder who played for both Portsmouth and Southampton/Spurs around the mid-late naughties then....must be a pretty known player too if he's played for England at 2 tournaments. Mmmh....

Getting warmer...;)

Leeds and Spurs?

Leeds and Spurs?

They're not hometown rivals are they....

It can only be someone who played for 2 of his hometown's rivals....so it's a bournemouth/southampton/portsmouth connection. I'm thinking born in Bournemouth and played for the other 2 only....but I can't think of anyone that's just played for those 2.

Made a small change to the original post.
"Started my senior career..."

They're not hometown rivals are they....

It can only be someone who played for 2 of his hometown's rivals....so it's a bournemouth/southampton/portsmouth connection. I'm thinking born in Bournemouth and played for the other 2 only....but I can't think of anyone that's just played for those 2.
Well look at the hint, those players did not play for any of the South East Clubs

Well look at the hint, those players did not play for any of the South East Clubs

What hint? There's a fucking hint???? This must be like a new forums thing.

Shiiiiit! How do you add a hint on here? But more importantly how do you not remember where we signed Razor Ruddy from??

And those clubs are south coast not south east.

OK here's another hint:

My first two seasons as senior weren't in the PL

Chat GPT answer

[article]
Based on the information provided, you are talking about Paul Scholes, the former English midfielder and Manchester United legend.
Paul Scholes was born on November 16, 1974, in Salford, Greater Manchester, which is in the north of England. He started his senior career playing for Manchester United, which is the fiercest rival of Manchester City, his hometown team.
Scholes played as a midfielder and spent 20 seasons in the Premier League, with the majority of his career spent at Manchester United (13 seasons) and the rest at his hometown team, Manchester City (7 seasons).
During his time at Manchester United, he played alongside Christian Ziege, Jermaine Pennant, Emile Heskey, Jamie Redknapp, and Salif Diao in various matches but never played for Liverpool FC.
Paul Scholes represented the England national team in two major competitions: the UEFA European Championship (Euro) and the FIFA World Cup.
Toward the end of his career, after coming out of retirement, Paul Scholes briefly returned to play for Manchester United before retiring for the final time in 2013.

[/article]

Chat GPT answer

[article]
Based on the information provided, you are talking about Paul Scholes, the former English midfielder and Manchester United legend.
Paul Scholes was born on November 16, 1974, in Salford, Greater Manchester, which is in the north of England. He started his senior career playing for Manchester United, which is the fiercest rival of Manchester City, his hometown team.
Scholes played as a midfielder and spent 20 seasons in the Premier League, with the majority of his career spent at Manchester United (13 seasons) and the rest at his hometown team, Manchester City (7 seasons).
During his time at Manchester United, he played alongside Christian Ziege, Jermaine Pennant, Emile Heskey, Jamie Redknapp, and Salif Diao in various matches but never played for Liverpool FC.
Paul Scholes represented the England national team in two major competitions: the UEFA European Championship (Euro) and the FIFA World Cup.
Toward the end of his career, after coming out of retirement, Paul Scholes briefly returned to play for Manchester United before retiring for the final time in 2013.

[/article]
:D:D

Well I suppose at least he never played for us (thank fuck)

Anderton, born in Southampton. Started his career in Portsmouth, finished it in Bournemouth.
Only played for Spurs and Birmingham in the PL. Played in Euro 96 and WC 98.

Anderton, born in Southampton. Started his career in Portsmouth. Finished it in Bournemouth.
Only played for Spurs and Birmingham in the PL. Played in Euro 96 and WC 98.

Played with PL greats such as Heskey and Diao but never got to experience what it was like to wear the famous red.

From what I recall, a fine player who was constantly disrupted with injuries.

Played with PL greats such as Heskey and Diao but never got to experience what it was like to wear the famous red.

From what I recall, a fine player who was constantly disrupted with injuries.

Lol greats but yeah Anderton was a good player.

Lol greats but yeah Anderton was a good player.
Yo not many players can score over 50 goals for the club and there’s been far greater players that have never won anything with us unlike Diao. Absolutely greats, all time greats in fact!!!! Generational talents!!!!

Yo not many players can score over 50 goals for the club and there’s been far greater players that have never won anything with us unlike Diao. Absolutely greats, all time greats in fact!!!! Generational talents!!!!
Salif Diao a "great" though?

It's not mARK NOBLE is it?
No, that version of Who Am I would go a little like this;

I played for a small south east London Club, it was the only club I’ve played at, I was the captain for …however many years (don’t think anybody really cares) but ultimately never managed to play for my country because everybody knew I was ABSOLUTELY DOGCRAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom