• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham United v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EtFIN6WXMAAv_-p

Last edited:
It's really fun. Basically a combination of tennis and squash but on a small court.

yea looks decent, don’t think it exists in the UK

Anyone know what Klopp was saying to Milner when he came off. Milner didn’t half give him a weird look.

Anyone know what Klopp was saying to Milner when he came off. Milner didn’t half give him a weird look.

I think in the post-match interview he said something like he did not want Milner doing much running in that 2nd half, - probably has one eye on Brighton.

I think in the post-match interview he said something like he did not want Milner doing much running in that 2nd half, - probably has one eye on Brighton.

Interesting thanks. I suppose Milner is pretty important at the moment

Milner came in at half time saying he felt a hamstring twinge. Klopp told him to cut down the runnng and they'd assess it it. Then he brought him off and Milner complained that he'd cut down the running and didn't see why he had to come off. Klopp told him he'd just seen him sprint off down the line and had feared he was going to tear his hammy. Milner sat down. Then we scored and Milner got up to say, 'Good decision!'

Almost as important as the goals and the winning being back is the fact that they all seem to be enjoying themselves again. The smiles are back, too. Really LOVED that silly moment between Jurgen and Millie when we scored...

And when this team is enjoying their football and pressing again, they can beat anybody, even without CBs on the pitch.

Last edited:
Milner came in at half time saying he felt a hamstring twinge. Klopp told him to cut down the runnng and they'd assess it it. Then he brought him off and Milner complained that he'd cut down the running and didn't see why he had to come off. Klopp told him he'd just seen him sprint off down the line and had feared he was going to tear his hammy. Milner sat down. Then we scored and Milner got up to say, 'Good decision!'

that explains it, bit worrying if he has a problem though

I avoided watching this one as well - so it might be me that’s the jinxy fucker.
I doubt either of you have enough influence alone - neither of you are Oncy - it's the combination that works (that and I didn't pick up the water bottle top I dropped on the floor because it felt wrong, so I left it there until the end of the match). Superstition eh.

Not being able to stand Tyler, I have the sound right down, so I only hear the odd word, but invariably it's something that makes you think, 'Why is he talking about that???' You get: 'mumble mumble mumble...1937/8...mumble...England...mumble...Never from a corner...mumble...Not for sixteen years...mumble...Alf Wokings from Stroud...mumble...Wayne Rooney...mumble...There's still a chance Liverpool can lose...mumble...Please lose...mumble...only two players with the letter "q" in their name...mumble...England...mumble'... It's high time they retire the daft twat.
The thing with Tyler is he yaps on about all sorts of shit instead of commenting on the game .... yadda yadda yadda ... Goal ! Listeners are thinking, WTF just happened ?!

I doubt either of you have enough influence alone - neither of you are Oncy - it's the combination that works (that and I didn't pick up the water bottle top I dropped on the floor because it felt wrong, so I left it there until the end of the match). Superstition eh.

Hey... I’ve never watched a match with my cock out like Oncy!!!!!!

God rest his soul.... I can just sense him tugging away in what ever plain of existence he found himself in Dantes put him in.

Also worth a mention : I was very dubious about leaving Firmino out just after he's hit top form but not only did he get a rest but when he did come on he was superb again, energy to press all over the top half, delightful touches, passing that turned and flustered West Ham.

Klopp is appaz a fan of paddel tennis and plays it regularly. Its taking off over here. Great fun.

It was a heartwarming scene!

We played a great second half but the first half was a frustrating mix of clear control/domination and no penetration. Whatever changed did the job, the runs and movement from Divvy & Mo were great - as it had been from Milner too. Excellent display from the defence, shame to concede from a corner but good that it was the corner at 3-0 up than one of the ones at 1-0.

We have a week between City & Leicester, with Brighton before. Will be interesting to see if we rotate Mo and one of the CMs against Brighton to get full 'starting X + CB' in City and Leicester games. Three wins from these three and we are looking at a much more interesting spring.

Most players cover their mouths when they speak on the pitch these days. They're incredibly impressionable and imitative - if they see someone else doing it, they do it. It's like pointing at the sky when they score - feck knows how many have any idea why they're doing that. If one player suddenly started rubbing slimline salad dressing into his hair, they'd all be at it a week later. So what we need is for one player to start taking decent corners and everyone else can start copying him.

Most players cover their mouths when they speak on the pitch these days. They're incredibly impressionable and imitative - if they see someone else doing it, they do it. It's like pointing at the sky when they score - feck knows how many have any idea why they're doing that. If one player suddenly started rubbing slimline salad dressing into his hair, they'd all be at it a week later. So what we need is for one player to start taking decent corners and everyone else can start copying him.
Is that why players always place the ball so it is only just technically in the corner quadrant when they take corners ? Maybe David Beckham did it once and now everyone does & have no idea why

Is that why players always place the ball so it is only just technically in the corner quadrant when they take corners ? Maybe David Beckham did it once and now everyone does & have no idea why

It gets the ball further away from the flag and can change your run up. And you might just make contact with the flag like Werner did a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom