• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend's Other Matches 2nd - 3rd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxForceFive

6CM Addict
Administrator
First up, Bournemouth v Man Utd.

Expecting this to be a dire game, awful game to choose to be televised, I'd have chosen any 3pm kick off over this fixture.

That rain is proper torrential. Horrible conditions.

Hope the weather is a bit better at Villa later, we don't play as well in really shite weather.

It’s lashing down on the south coast. Fred is playing. My eyes hurt watching the Scum’s kit.

This game will be painful to get through.

Heh. King gives Bournemouth the lead. Good goal, Utd have had loads of possession.

First Bournemouth goals for almost 6 hours of footy.

Josh King could have stopped, stuck the kettle on, made a cuppa tea, sat down read the paper, drank his cuppa and still scored before a Utd defender got a tackle in, given the amount of time they gave him there.

It’s absolutely hammering it down in the midlands today.
Yay. We're gonna be shite today then.

I'm actually really worried we're about to do on a bad run. Our stats have been getting worse every match (despite results) & that run can't continue without us dropping points (our xg stats show us scoring way more goals than we should & conceding far less than we should, using our usual standards as the base), I was hoping we may get a convincing win today before going into the city match next week.

Yay. We're gonna be shite today then.

I'm actually really worried we're about to do on a bad run. Our stats have been getting worse every match (despite results) & that run can't continue without us dropping points (our xg stats show us scoring way more goals than we should & conceding far less than we should, using our usual standards as the base), I was hoping we may get a convincing win today before going into the city match next week.

Do those stats take into account of the quality of the opposition?

Otherwise, not sure how much you can read from them as we are going through a run of the more difficult fixtures currently.

If only Harry Wilson score that free kick his transfer fee will be £50 million

Do those stats take into account of the quality of the opposition?

Otherwise, not sure how much you can read from them as we are going through a run of the more difficult fixtures currently.
No, that's not how xG works. It looks at the quality of chances, the opposition is irrelevant.

I'm loathe to use stats cos they often mean nothing in footy, but xG seems to simply reflect what you're 'seeing watching the match.

Utd under Ole for his first 19 games is a great example, cos xG was saying they weren't conceding anywhere near as many as they should be usually based on how they were defending, & were scoring more than they should be based on how well they were attacking.

They were things you could see watching them, but the results were saying otherwise.

I think as fans we're all inherently biased, & these stats in particular help us look at our teams performance in a more impartial fashion. They're not the be all & end all, obv, they are simply an indicator, & at the moment they indicate that we must improve our play or we will start dropping points.

This games gotten much more interesting now cos I get to watch Utd desperately trying to score & cheer Bournemouth on defending.

Hopefully Bournemouth will get a goal against run of play to compound their misery shortly!

They'll be fine. 13 points from 11 games, if they manage to keep that pace up they'll end up with more than 40 points.

United are the new Everton proudly sitting in eighth.
Hopefully they don't drop further down the table after the later games :D

Josh King could have stopped, stuck the kettle on, made a cuppa tea, sat down read the paper, drank his cuppa and still scored before a Utd defender got a tackle in, given the amount of time they gave him there.

Was that Bissaka ?

Does he get an assist in Fantasy for that ?

Was that Bissaka ?

Does he get an assist in Fantasy for that ?

Him and Lindelöf - who’s an appalling defender - and just stood and watched - in fact, he kindly got out of the way to give King more room.

Barcelona losing, Arsenal drawing at home. Origi's powers still intact even if he failed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom