• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fergie would move him for the right deal.

If you believe players have a certain amount of top level games in them like I do then you'd have to figure Rooney probably doesn't have that many great ones ahead of him. He doesn't have the same issues as Owen, Torres etc but he does have that weight issue which seems to be a problem every year. That isn't going to get easier to deal with as e gets older.

That said, the last time he wanted a pay rise his agent used the new money team to bend Uniteds will. PSG are the new money this time around

It appears the French Journo claiming Rooney to PSG was a done deal was just looking to get his name about for some new website.

Still though, there's doubts about his future and it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
I think Fergie would be tempted to sell him now whilst he'd get big money for him but then again it seems Rooney wants to stay and he does seem to be a bit of a homebird.

If I were Fergie I'd sell him if a big offer came in. As Ross referred to his weight seems to be an ongoing issue which could get worse and personally I think his best football is behind him, despite him still being quality on his day. For what the likes of PSG would pay for him, I reckon United could buy a very good striker. It's hard to imagine him in Paris though.

If I were Fergie I'd sell him if a big offer came in. As Ross referred to his weight seems to be an ongoing issue which could get worse and personally I think his best football is behind him, despite him still being quality on his day. For what the likes of PSG would pay for him, I reckon United could buy a very good striker. It's hard to imagine him in Paris though.

If you think about in conjunction with the Falcao rumours, I'd hate to see United able to pull off a deal where they get rid of Rooney to make room for Falcao.

Rooneys last contract was an overpay for me, 250k a week! What's he looking for now?

I don't see Fergie agreeing to commit that kind of money to someone that's a risk in the way Rooney is. He'd much prefer to commit that money to Falcao, wouldn't everyone?

He's staying.

I personally would take Rooney ahead of Falcao - putting everything but football aside. Ferguson knows what he's going to get from Rooney and, in the league at least, he delivers time and again. Falcao looks amazing but would he deliver in this league - big question.

That said, you could see the mancs opting for a deal that saw a large wedge of cash coming their way as Rooney was waved off. Problem for them is, as already said, Rooney looks like he wants to stay.

He's staying.

I personally would take Rooney ahead of Falcao - putting everything but football aside. Ferguson knows what he's going to get from Rooney and, in the league at least, he delivers time and again. Falcao looks amazing but would he deliver in this league - big question.

That said, you could see the mancs opting for a deal that saw a large wedge of cash coming their way as Rooney was waved off. Problem for them is, as already said, Rooney looks like he wants to stay.

I think the question over whether a player can succeed in this league is largely a legacy from the days when all the big name imports were well past their best and just picking up a big payday here.

I'd have no doubts about Falcao, if you go by the traditional worries about players moving to the Premiership he'd be less of a risk than Aguero - and he's done alright.

I think if he doesn't go this season, he never will. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go, I just don't know if he's fashionable enough for a Madrid or Barca, even though his record speaks for itself.

He played in central midfield for them in their last match. They're probably trying to do the best they can to cover up and excuse his rapid decline for next season.

Yes.
I can't see PSG wanting or needing him, they've got zlatan, menez and lavezzi playing as forwards, and he's not better than any of those. Granted they'd probably make room for the gay ronaldo, cavani or falcao, but not rooney, not unless he wants a place on the bench.
A lot depends on ferguson though, he's got a pretty good record of getting rid of players he doesn't like anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom