• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net spend is all documented in rurik's sticky thread :-

SUMMER TRANSFER SPENDING:

Spent: £115M (not counting add-ons)
Earned: £80M
Total summer spending: £35M

Do we measure success in how many $$ we spend?

At -35, and a good chance of Borini, Assaidi, Agger, Lucas going, we could end up with this summer not costing Henry a penny.

I don't care about net spend at all. I just care that we spend well. If you take it too far you end up thinking about Torres £50M, Carroll £35M, Suarez £22M, Suarez £75M. For every Carroll there's an Alonso or a Sami, for every Toure there's a Cole. It's about value they add not money they cost to my mind.

Brendan Rodgers has revealed he expects there to be outgoing transfer activity before the deadline on Monday.

The boss refused to completely rule out the prospect of there being further additions to the ranks, but explained he is anticipating departures.

Rodgers told a press conference at Melwood: "There'll probably more movement out than coming in, I would say.
"We've still got offers for players to go. Every player here knows their situation, so if they're here after that deadline on Monday then they've decided to stay but their game time will be very limited. "At this moment in time, there are not many more to come in, if any."

Meanwhile, another piece of business to be done in the not too distant future is a new deal for Jon Flanagan. The youngster is currently sidelined with a knee problem, though is closing in on a return to fitness.
Rodgers said: "He's been unfortunate with injuries. He's had a number of injuries during the time I've been in here, and before I came in. Just looking at his injury record, it hasn't been great. "But he's a young kid who I really, really want to be an important member of our squad. "He deserves a new deal. He did exceptionally well last season and he's recovering well from his injury. We're hoping he'll be back soon - and with a new deal as well."

Borini
Agger
Assaidi
Lucas
Coates

If any of them are here after monday they are lack of ambition having assed lazy happy to pick up their wages cunts.

I think some of them might not want to leave and believe they can work their way into the team and fight for their place. They should know better, though.

Lucas is the only one who has ever shown any consistent form and COULD perhaps break in. The others are a waste of wages.

Probably already been posted but Brodge on the beeb saying there are offers in for players to go and that it's more likely that folk will leave than arrive before the window shuts.

Think of the wages - 10 players at a conservative estimate of 50k a week will set us back 500k a week. That would surely eat into whatever amount we have to spend?

No way we'd get Cech from them and yes Mata to United is different before someone brings it up.

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe to Norwich. Thought he could've been a really good signing a few years back, but nothing materialized for him.

Hubocan released by Zenit, but it looks like Dynamo Moscow have snapped him up quickly.

Fernando Torres' situation - it appears that AC Milan have struck an agreement with Chelsea, and with the player too. The Spain international could arrive in Milan later on Friday night or on Saturday morning to undergo a medicals with the Rossoneri.

Plenty of Twitter talk tonight that Chelsea might seek to quickly replace Fernando Torres with QPR's France striker Loic Remy...

Gary Taphouse
@garytaphouse
#CFC linked with Loic Remy, despite Jose's denials. Question mark over his recent failed medical. No doubt about his quality as a finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom