• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly got ability, but he's not tricky enough to get by without being lightning, and he's not quick enough to get by without being tricky.

If he's on the wing, he's like jorginho without the Kante protection. If he's central then Kante,jorginho and ziyech are going to be so weak and one paced.

He's going to be Bang average for that Chelsea side
I think you're right.
Maybe I'm being harsh, but there's a hint of Assaidi over Ziyech. Obviously he's getting more goals and assists in the Dutch league but Assaidi wasn't that bad over there either. You know how people here say that we shouldn't sign Italian players, I'm kinda like that with Moroccans, you know Affellay, Assaidi, Belhanda, Taarabt, Chadli etc.

Last edited:
I think you're right.
Maybe I'm being harsh, but there's a hint of Assaidi over Ziyech. Obviously he's getting more goals and assists in the Dutch league but Assaidi wasn't that bad over there as well. You know how people here say that we shouldn't sign Italian players, I'm kinda like that with Moroccans Affellay, Assaidi, Belhanda, Taarabt, Chadli etc.
El Zhar

Not a rumour yet... but one player I can see us being linked with very soon is Ziyech's team mate.. Donny Van de Beek.

He is in the right age bracket, leader, creative.. ticks all the boxes for me.

Not a rumour yet... but one player I can see us being linked with very soon is Ziyech's team mate.. Donny Van de Beek.

He is in the right age bracket, leader, creative.. ticks all the boxes for me.
The problem for me is the physical and defensive part of his game. Also he's not the quickest player.
I don't see him fitting in our midfield.

Where is Zyech supposed to play in the Chelsea line up?
I'm guessing on the right wing.
That must mean that Willian is leaving and Pedro as well?

Dunno about Zyech to be honest, can't really tell if he'll make it at Chelsea or not. Leaning towards a mediocre tenure there.
this is an easy one, Chelsea actually at times lack creativity, if anything from what I have seen of Zyech - he has a great eye for the pass, and can dribble - the others they have currently are just not consistent enough. I think it will be a good transfer for them.

We could say the same about Minamino.
Very true, but minamino is a bench warmer who cost 7.5m. I don't think any of us are expecting him to revolutionise how we play.

Ziyech was brought it to be a starter I'd imagine in that aging squad.

Very true, but minamino is a bench warmer who cost 7.5m. I don't think any of us are expecting him to revolutionise how we play.

Minamino is going to work harder for the team too.

Bayern Munich boasts record profit from 2018/19 season

Bayern’s sustainable business model and careful management has translated into record numbers despite a relatively early Champions League exit.
By John Dillon Sep 4, 2019, 4:46pm CEST
Share this story

1168440959.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Simon Hofmann/Bundesliga/DFL via Getty Images
Of all the biggest of the big clubs, Bayern Munich is far and away the most fiscally responsible. That deliberate approach to the club’s finances has translated into sustained success in the sport and has positioned Bayern to compete with clubs reliant on very different financial structures, from billionaire sole proprietors to thinly veiled state sponsorship, even as transfer fees and player salaries have ballooned.
Bayern’s turnover and net profit from last season, 2018-2019, continue the trend. Bayern’s total turnover last season rose a whopping 14.1% from €657.4m in 2017-2018 to €750.4m. This is the first time that Bayern has cracked the €750m milestone — first reached by Real Madrid last season (€750.9m) as they won their third consecutive Champions League. Bayern did it their way.
Turnover, of course, is not the same as profit: but Bayern’s total profit after tax rose even more dramatically. The club earned €46.2m gross and €29.5m net in the 2017-2018 season. Last season, gross profit rose 63% to €75.3m and net profit rose 78% to a grand total of €52.5. Bayern’s equity capital now stands at €497.4m.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said (FCBayern.com),
Of course we are extremely pleased with FC Bayern’s financial development. Both the turnover and the profit rose to new records. FC Bayern’s development is outstanding, both in a sporting and financial sense.​
Rummenigge gave “special thanks” to all of Bayern’s staff “for their commitment that has led to this very gratifying result.” As a token of gratitude, Rummenigge stated that the board paid Bayern’s staff “two additional monthly salaries as a bonus”!
Bayern’s deputy chairman and chief financial officer Jan-Christian Dreesen emphasized the stability of Bayern’s finances and elaborated on the sources of the increases:
[In addition to] the increases in turnover and profit, the improvement of the equity capital is very positive. The ratio rose by 9.7 per cent to 68 per cent. That shows how healthy and sound FC Bayern is financially. All of the club’s departments have contributed to this very gratifying result. Income from matches and TV rights has risen, and we have achieved record numbers regarding sponsorship income. In terms of merchandising, we have stabilised FC Bayern’s turnover despite the decline throughout Europe.​
The club’s financial performance thus allayed fears expressed by Rummenigge in April that Bayern’s disappointing Champions League exit in the round of 16 seriously harmed Bayern’s finances. Rummenigge said at the time,
I will put it this way: next year, we should not permit such an early [Champions League] exit as in this year. That was also a financial loss and did even bigger damage to our image — also the Bundesliga’s. That was a dent that happened. Next year, it must not happen again.​
The club weathered that financial loss with aplomb. This season, it will strive to erase the dent in its image. Although the recently closed summer transfer window proved to be less lavish than anticipated, the financial groundwork has been laid to acquire major pieces for years ahead.

I feel like people think i think Ziyech is shit. He's not, he's extremely talented. I just feel that this league, in that squad, he's on to a loser.

He's a perfect option from the bench on a possession heavy side with willing runners, and strength behind him. This chelsea side has a striker who's a bit meh, wingers with minimal end product, a lightweight midfield, and and unreliable defence. Compared to Ajax, who pretty much have all of that, Ziyech is going to have to trad a lot of his playing style away to get any sort of form in this chelsea side.

He's perfect for a super sub for spurs, or even a starting position at arsenal, who (whilst shite) have pace for days up top, and fucking lunatics in midfield in guendouzi and xhaka who would protect him.

To be fair, he reminds me of ozil, but less effective with slightly more work rate.

We'll see.

A lot of people thought we bought Robbo to play back up for Moreno all because how much we paid for him....look how that turned out.

We'll see.

A lot of people thought we bought Robbo to play back up for Moreno all because how much we paid for him....look how that turned out.
If minamino manages to improve upon salah, mane or firmino, I will eat all the dicks

If he drops deep and plays behind the front 3, I'm doubtful he'll improve on gini or hendo

If minamino manages to improve upon salah, mane or firmino, I will eat all the dicks

If he drops deep and plays behind the front 3, I'm doubtful he'll improve on gini or hendo

Gini might not be here next season, I'd imagine he would play behind the front 3 to re-establish the 'fab 4'

Whats people's view of Achraf Hakimi? Has 9 assists already. Contract with RM finishes in June 2021

I don't think Madrid would be so stupid to let him go. Madrid born and bred and one of the most promising full-backs in world football.

Ziyech wide is just more obstacles for pulisic, Hudson odoi, etc to overcome

This signing does not worry me
Yeah for a different team he could be a lot more useful but they haven't replaced Hazard yet and he's probably closest to it

Cantwell - £30m?

Todd Cantwell has been one of the stars of the 2019/20 Premier League season.

The English midfielder has unexpectedly taken the division by storm and he is now arguably Norwich's finest player.

Daniel Farke's side are likely to be relegated to the Championship, but they have unearthed a potential superstar in Cantwell.

The 21-year-old has scored six goals and notched two assists in his 24 Premier League games, making himself an FPL favourite in the process.

Cantwell's brilliance has predictably attracted the attention of English football's big hitters.

Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool have all expressed their interest in signing the Norwich midfielder come the end of the season.

But according to The Athletic's David Ornstein, it's Liverpool who have 'intensified their interest' in Cantwell and can now be considered 'front-runners'.

Ornstein also writes that the Premier League champions in waiting stepped up their pursuit of Cantwell once the January transfer window slammed shut.

Norwich would ask for £30m to part ways with their prized asset, which in the modern day market is a fairly decent price.

Cantwell would be the ideal replacement for Adam Lallana, who is set to leave the Reds for free come the end of the season.

Jurgen Klopp may have added Takumi Minamino to his roster in January, but the boss will know that more bodies will be needed to manage the team's workload come next season.

If the Reds can add one of Timo Werner or Jadon Sancho to their squad in the summer as well, they will be an even more formidable prospect in 2020/21.

Good player and at that price worth a shot but he's not really someone we need.

I think priority has to be cover at both RB & LB as well as a striker (provided our plans for Minamino is to play wider)

Liverpool, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, are “seriously interested” in signing Bukayo Saka from Arsenal this summer.

Arsenal are pushing very hard to get the 18-year-old to sign new deal to fend off other clubs. [@David_Ornstein]

Liverpool, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, are “seriously interested” in signing Bukayo Saka from Arsenal this summer.

Arsenal are pushing very hard to get the 18-year-old to sign new deal to fend off other clubs. [@David_Ornstein]

He looked pretty good yesterday. His contract expires at the end of next season

I think we need more English players (homegrown) so would expect to see us being linked to/going after a few this summer.

Bringing through Jones and Elliott and picking up eg Cantwell and Saka makes a lot of sense, esp if Lallana and Clyne leave as expected

Bukayo Saka's agent is seriously interested in some extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom