• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://theathletic.co.uk/1627136/2020/02/23/leeds-phil-hay-ben-white-adidas-bielsa/

[article]Liverpool talent scout Andy O'Brien is believed to have been closely following the development of Brighton defender Ben White during his loan spell with Leeds United.

The 22-year-old moved to Elland Road in the summer and has established himself as one of the most exciting young prospects in the Championship. White has played every available minute in the league this season, steering Leeds to second in the table.

His development has caught the eye of plenty of top-flight sides, and The Athletic's Phil Hay claims that Liverpool are one of the teams who have been following White's progress this season.

Hay states that O'Brien, who spent two years as a player with Leeds between 2010 and 2012, has spent plenty of time watching White this season, suggesting that the Reds could be considering a summer transfer.

It is noted that Leeds do not have the option to sign White permanently, and while Brighton are keen to welcome him back to the squad next summer, there could be plenty of competition from elite sides for his signature.

Interestingly, news of Liverpool's interest in White first emerged in early January, when it was suggested that the Reds did not intend to follow up their interest. It seemed as though they had withdrawn from the race, allowing fellow suitors Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur to battle for his signature.
[/article]

https://theathletic.co.uk/1627136/2020/02/23/leeds-phil-hay-ben-white-adidas-bielsa/

[article]Liverpool talent scout Andy O'Brien is believed to have been closely following the development of Brighton defender Ben White during his loan spell with Leeds United.

The 22-year-old moved to Elland Road in the summer and has established himself as one of the most exciting young prospects in the Championship. White has played every available minute in the league this season, steering Leeds to second in the table.

His development has caught the eye of plenty of top-flight sides, and The Athletic's Phil Hay claims that Liverpool are one of the teams who have been following White's progress this season.

Hay states that O'Brien, who spent two years as a player with Leeds between 2010 and 2012, has spent plenty of time watching White this season, suggesting that the Reds could be considering a summer transfer.

It is noted that Leeds do not have the option to sign White permanently, and while Brighton are keen to welcome him back to the squad next summer, there could be plenty of competition from elite sides for his signature.

Interestingly, news of Liverpool's interest in White first emerged in early January, when it was suggested that the Reds did not intend to follow up their interest. It seemed as though they had withdrawn from the race, allowing fellow suitors Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur to battle for his signature.
[/article]
It's not the first time we've been linked with him

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is prepared to get rid of eight players, including Spain goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, 25, Italy midfielder Jorginho, 28, and England midfielder Ross Barkley, 26.

Sell Lovren this summer and If Villa are relagated maybe try and sign Tyrone Mings..?? has to be an improve ment on Lovren ;)

Sell Lovren this summer and If Villa are relagated maybe try and sign Tyrone Mings..?? has to be an improve ment on Lovren ;)

Yeah, but Liverpool might not be an easy sell for a CB, because he'd be replacing fourth-choice Lovren, and have VVD and Gomez and arguably Matip ahead of him too.

It's not like Utd signing Maguire, who knew he'd be first-choice because of the shambles he walked into.

Yeah, but Liverpool might not be an easy sell for a CB, because he'd be replacing fourth-choice Lovren, and have VVD and Gomez and arguably Matip ahead of him too.

It's not like Utd signing Maguire, who knew he'd be first-choice because of the shambles he walked into.
I would put Matip a head of Gomez in the CB roll, the only thing with having Gomez on the pitch is he can step in at RB should TAA get injuried. Mings for me looks as if he would fit right in with VVD... I like the fact that he talks to his defenders, just like VVD, Yes; he lacks the speed of Gomez, but he can organize a defence... We also have to remember that VVD is not immune to injury too. I think that he would be a good fit for us

I would put Matip a head of Gomez in the CB roll, the only thing with having Gomez on the pitch is he can step in at RB should TAA get injuried. Mings for me looks as if he would fit right in with VVD... I like the fact that he talks to his defenders, just like VVD, Yes; he lacks the speed of Gomez, but he can organize a defence... We also have to remember that VVD is not immune to injury too. I think that he would be a good fit for us

I'm not sure I would put Matip ahead. Gomez, on top form, is a better player and miles quicker too.

I'm not sure I would put Matip ahead. Gomez, on top form, is a better player and miles quicker too.

Horses for courses to some extent, as Matip is far better in the air (and did very well indeed while Gomez was injured), but overall Gomez and Virgil are clearly our best partnership IMHO.

If Thomas Partey's release clause is the rumoured €50m, surely he'll be on some of the big club's shopping list in the next transfer window?

I think that Matip reads situations better than Gomez, and the thing with Gomez, (and TAA for that matter) is that he uses the arms (Grabs hold of players) far too much while defending for my liking. Gomez also realizes on his pace too often when trying to make a tackle and often end up getting there late. But hopefully for him things will get better with experience

Not saying that you are wrong, just stating that it is the way I see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom