• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Pearce report it’s a no go because he cannot handle the physical demands of our style? He just doesn’t have the pace or stamina to compete with Klopp’s systems.
He doesn't suit the way we play at all imo. If you look at why he's struggling at Barca it's quite obv the position he needs to play in would disrupt us too much the way that Klopp has us set up this season.

He just can't play in midfield as a proper midfielder, no matter how many managers try to get him to do it, he's almost a forward but not quite, more like a '10' than anything else, & playing him there would not help us.

His goals from distance & that ability to score from nowhere to change games we do desperately need, but the trade off is way too high.

I think we will be in for a left back. No way Robertson can do a 60 game season on his own. As it’s not a footy summer don’t be concerned if there isn’t any links in March. Only be concerned if it’s the same in June.

I think we will be in for a left back. No way Robertson can do a 60 game season on his own. As it’s not a footy summer don’t be concerned if there isn’t any links in March. Only be concerned if it’s the same in June.

Also as of right now Milner is also leaving, so we need to preempt that. He covers RB/LB as well as plays CM.

We will need to buy a new player for both full back positions unless we promote from the reserves. Not sure if anyone is ready, I'm sure someone else on here would know about that.

Isn't that new nations league thing happening in the summer? Or have I completely got that wrong?

Also as of right now Milner is also leaving, so we need to preempt that. He covers RB/LB as well as plays CM.

We will need to buy a new player for both full back positions unless we promote from the reserves. Not sure if anyone is ready, I'm sure someone else on here would know about that.
Milner’s staying, unless we release him. I think someone posted a link saying his contract actually runs out in 2020.

I seem to recall reading, from someone with a bit of insight into the clubs potential plans, that we will try to buy a centre half that can cover left back, similar to Gomez on the right.
Even that is probably contingent on one of our current centre halves leaving.

When you have a guy as reliable as Robbo in the first choice spot you really dont need somebody thats first team ready. If theres a decent youth prospect at LB then the club should definitely be looking to blood them over the next 12 months getting mins in games where we are comfortable. RB is a different matter as TAA seems to be prone to big dips in form as well as more injury prone. We definitely need decent cover at RB unless Hoever is ready which some people seem to think is the case.

When you have a guy as reliable as Robbo in the first choice spot you really dont need somebody thats first team ready. If theres a decent youth prospect at LB then the club should definitely be looking to blood them over the next 12 months getting mins in games where we are comfortable. RB is a different matter as TAA seems to be prone to big dips in form as well as more injury prone. We definitely need decent cover at RB unless Hoever is ready which some people seem to think is the case.

That’s Robertson out for the season then.

Barcelona open to selling Coutinho for offer upwards of £90m - sources
play

Barcelona are open to selling Philippe Coutinho should they receive a bid upwards of £90 million, despite the Brazil international's desire to stay, sources have told ESPN FC. Coutinho has been in and out of the starting lineup this season, and was even booed by his own supporters during a 3-1 victory over Rayo Vallecano. The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away and while there have been no official bids, there is interest in the midfielder.
"Barcelona do not have a firm offer from any club at this point, but some have expressed an interest in the player," a source at the club told ESPN FC. "Key people, who are either directly or indirectly linked with various clubs have been following the situation closely."
Manchester United and Chelsea are among the sides linked with a move for Coutinho.
He is hoping to be given a longer run in the first team before the end of the campaign. In 41 matches this season, he has contributed nine goals and five assists --and he has generally struggled to live up to his price tag since his £105m move from Liverpool in January 2018.
Despite his issues on the pitch, it is understood Coutinho is considered a popular member of the team
He is generally a very happy player who enjoys training, but when he goes onto the pitch, something happens and it doesn't go well," the source added. "He has more than enough quality to be a starter and we hope he regains his confidence."

----------------------

Oh I can't stop thinking of his entourage and his family who were so keen to push for a move to Barca. I usually don't enjoy this kind of thing, and we did get a lot of money, but he should have waited till the end of the season

I doubt we will be signing him but we do need somebody in that position. Its clearly a gap in the squad and the reason Klopp wanted to bring in Fekir last summer. Against teams that want to sit deep and defend in numbers you need a player who can play that advanced midfield/no 10 position and open up defences. Our current front 3 seems designed to play on the counter and we have struggled against well organised defences who dont leave alot of space, its not just about squad depth we need more options to break teams down. Id be surprised if we arent looking to bring in somebody who can play that role this summer.

PSG will be all over that

Maybe juve too actually if dybala leaves

If Chelsea do end up relunctantly selling, they’re probably not going to sell to a domestic rival.

What's the status of the add-ons we're supposed to get from Barcelona?
Has he met any of the targets?
What happens if they sell him before he meets any of the targets?

If that's what he thinks we have in mind, I doubt he'd come. He'd only be interested in going to a club where he'll be consistently in the mix for a first team place straight away - the Chavs haven't given him that, and it's no coincidence that Bayern are in the driving seat for his signature now that he's seen Sancho get that kind of opportunity at Dortmund.

Last edited:
Will be a good signing. Potentially an option to be groomed to provide competition the front 3 in a few years.

Potentially, option to be groomed as competition in a few years.
With that sales pitch, that's him signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom