• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo came. And look at his career trajectory. The reason so many youngsters go to Chelsea or City has nothing to do with game time, it's money and prestige and the chance for top quality training and coaching (despite many of them then being loaned out).

There's a big difference between having to oust Alberto Moreno and one of the best left backs in the world.

And surely the trend is now in the other direction?

Players seem to be moving away from City and Chelsea to chase proper game time. They've wised up.

I mean, we came within an ace of losing Brewster, who had more of a path to the first team than most young prodigies.

He’s nowhere near the level he was. This would free up a place for them to get a huge replacement in.

That’s over simplying where the title was lost.

He should’ve been sent off in that game.

There's a big difference between having to oust Alberto Moreno and one of the best left backs in the world.

And surely the trend is now in the other direction?

Players seem to be moving away from City and Chelsea to chase proper game time. They've wised up.

I mean, we came within an ace of losing Brewster, who had more of a path to the first team than most young prodigies.
Nah. If anything people are becoming greedier and greedier (probably thanks to social media and the 'I want it now' generation). There's no guarantee any young player will develop so the vast majority will take a big payday promise now. There are always exceptions of course (Sessegnon comes to mind) but don't for a moment think/suggest they are the rule, their agents will make sure of that.

Nah. If anything people are becoming greedier and greedier (probably thanks to social media and the 'I want it now' generation). There's no guarantee any young player will develop so the vast majority will take a big payday promise now. There are always exceptions of course (Sessegnon comes to mind) but don't for a moment think/suggest they are the rule, their agents will make sure of that.

Erm, the evidence seems to be against you though.

Sancho left, Brewster almost left, Hudson-Odoi looks like going, Sessegnon stayed, this Lloyd Kelly chose Bournemouth ahead of us...

There may be more I can't think of. It's certainly a recognised thing in the bundesliga that they can realistically tap English talent pools because of the demand for first team opportunities.

You could argue of the 7 draws there was atleast 1 we should have won. Had we had 31 wins, 6 draws and 1 loss, we would be the champions. Looking at the way City disposed of Watford firms up my view we need more attacking options, at least 1. City have Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva and Jesus as options. I hope Klopp does strengthen the attack, as Origi despite his heroics is not the level we need as back-up

Sancho left, Brewster almost left, Hudson-Odoi looks like going, Sessegnon stayed, this Lloyd Kelly chose Bournemouth ahead of us...

There may be more I can't think of. It's certainly a recognised thing in the bundesliga that they can realistically tap English talent pools because of the demand for first team opportunities.
You're assuming they didn't leave for (much) more money .. which it is far more likely they did (playing in a, for example, BL first team or in a PL team's U21s). And you are also being selective in taking a few well publicised names and ignoring those 80 players Chelsea have on their books or those from City, United etc. etc. etc.

That doesn't add up to 'evidence'.

You're assuming they didn't leave for (much) more money .. which it is far more likely they did (playing in a, for example, BL first team or in a PL team's U21s). And you are also being selective in taking a few well publicised names and ignoring those 80 players Chelsea have on their books or those from City, United etc. etc. etc.

That doesn't add up to 'evidence'.

I'm not saying it's proof. But it is evidence. And evidence off the top of my head, so there may well be much more out there.

Also, those players named are 5 of the best young English players of their generation, so they're extremely significant examples.

I think the idea lads are leaving City and Chelsea for money is pretty laughable really, isn't it?

And it totally undermines your last point that the majority of players haven't left (true). What are they staying for? Less money and less career progression??

I'm not saying it's proof. But it is evidence. And evidence off the top of my head, so there may well be much more out there.

Also, those players named are 5 of the best young English players of their generation, so they're extremely significant examples.

I think the idea lads are leaving City and Chelsea for money is pretty laughable really, isn't it?

And it totally undermines your last point that the majority of players haven't left (true). What are they staying for? Less money and less career progression??
You seem to have totally misunderstood the concept.

The young lads arrive at City/Chelsea/etc. for money. The better players then leave for more money which they can get playing for a BL (for example) first team rather than a youth team in the PL - no matter which club that youth team belongs to. The vast majority wil not get a chance for regular football in the PL club's first team (Brewster stayed only for that promise from Klopp) . That isn't evidence that they are giving up money for potential career progression (which is far from guaranteed), it's evidence they have again taken the money.

And again I don't find it (those young English players who you call the 5 of the best) to be extremely significant at all. It's just a new career avenue, previously teams in Germany/France/etc. didn't have the money to bring over young English players likely making more in a top club's U21s. Increasing revenue over the past few seasons has changed the footballing landscape in Europe as now cash streams from their own leagues and advertising have greatly increased (Google the huge BL increases which closely resemble the PLs in % increase).

Kompany leaves city

Player manager of Anderlecht. Those roles rarely work out, presume they have a structure in place so that Kompany can reel out his famous speeches pregame after game though.
Only thing bigger than Kompany’s head is his own ego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to have totally misunderstood the concept.

The young lads arrive at City/Chelsea/etc. for money. The better players then leave for more money which they can get playing for a BL (for example) first team rather than a youth team in the PL - no matter which club that youth team belongs to. The vast majority wil not get a chance for regular football in the PL club's first team (Brewster stayed only for that promise from Klopp) . That isn't evidence that they are giving up money for potential career progression (which is far from guaranteed), it's evidence they have again taken the money.

And again I don't find it (those young English players who you call the 5 of the best) to be extremely significant at all. It's just a new career avenue, previously teams in Germany/France/etc. didn't have the money to bring over young English players likely making more in a top club's U21s. Increasing revenue over the past few seasons has changed the footballing landscape in Europe as now cash streams from their own leagues and advertising have greatly increased (Google the huge BL increases which closely resemble the PLs in % increase).

I think you need to provide some evidence that a lad like Sancho got a big pay rise at Dortmund (relative to what City were offering), or that Fulham are paying Sessgnon way more than we or Spurs would.

That's basically the essential plank of your argument, and it seems HIGHLY spurious to me.

Right, apparently Sancho was paid 18k a week by Dortmund before his raise last autumn, and again apparently, City offered him 30k a week before he left in 2017.

So.......

I think it's a positive that he's gone.

By all accounts he was the most influential person in that dressing room, if that's even partly true then him not being there means that they'll miss him.

Guardiola is such a perfectionist that I think his approach is relatively short term anyway. Whether they're well paid & winning or not, I struggle to believe players can cope with that level of detailed scrutiny for long periods, & it will begin to have an effect on morale. The fewer players around to lift morale if that does happen the better.

Right, apparently Sancho was paid 18k a week by Dortmund before his raise last autumn, and again apparently, City offered him 30k a week before he left in 2017.

So.......
Oh I see now .. one example proves your hypothesis. Let's not talk about outliers shall we. Let's just ignore the whole debate we've just gone through and base everything on this one example. Jesus Christ.

Ignore them dude. You bang on any player you like.
Cheers mate, I will, and I will get some very wrong too.. not Dolberg though!

*Actually maybe I'm also going to be wrong about Dolberg.

**Fucking doubt it though.

***But it's a possibility.

**** DOLBERG FTW!

Independent

Chelsea could turn their search for a new striker towards Ajax's David Neres with Luka Jovic poised to sign for Real Madrid.
The Blues had been closely tailing Eintracht Frankfurt hitman Jovic, but the 21-year-old Serbia striker should shortly finalise his Madrid move.
Chelsea remain hopeful of having their two-window FIFA transfer ban frozen while appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), so are pushing ahead with tentative recruitment plans.

And Stamford Bridge bosses are understood to favour a move for Brazil star Neres now that Jovic appears out of reach.
Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and Arsenal are all also eyeing a move for £40million-rated Neres, who has impressed amid Ajax's run to the Champions League semi-finals and the Eredivisie title.

The 22-year-old hit 10 goals in 42 matches in Ajax's fine campaign, catching the attention of a clutch of top clubs when scoring in the 4-1 Champions League win at Real Madrid in March.

Liverpool name Mignolet price

Liverpool will demand £15million from interested clubs looking to sign Simon Mignolet according to the Daily Mail.
0_GettyImages-1143483066-1.jpg

Simon Mignolet of Liverpool looks on prior to the UEFA Champions League Quarter Final second leg match between Porto and Liverpool at Estadio do Dragao (Image: Quality Sport Images/Getty Images)
The Belgian has found himself demoted to the Reds’ reserve goalkeeper in the past 18 months and looks likely to leave Anfield in search of first team football this summer.
If the Reds are successful in commanding such a fee for the 31-year-old, it would represent a healthy £6million profit on a player limited to just three cup appearances since January 2018 following his £9million move from Sunderland in 2013.

Oh I see now .. one example proves your hypothesis. Let's not talk about outliers shall we. Let's just ignore the whole debate we've just gone through and base everything on this one example. Jesus Christ.

Christ you're obnoxious in an argument.

I don't have time to look up every example!! That's why I gave the 'outlier' aka the only example I looked up.

Why don't you provide the contrary evidence you seem so certain exists??

Christ you're obnoxious in an argument.

I don't have time to look up every example!! That's why I gave the 'outlier' aka the only example I looked up.

Why don't you provide the contrary evidence you seem so certain exists??
Hahaha ! Look who's talking !! Isn't that why you fucked off for a while? Because of arguments you were perpetually involved in with people slamming you ?

And why do you give an outlier and suggest it's proof of anything (you know that's what you were doing).

I'm not the one who needs to provide evidence, you are the one who's claiming there is a change to the status quo. The onus is on you.

Hahaha ! Look who's talking !! Isn't that why you fucked off for a while? Because of arguments you were perpetually involved in with people slamming you ?

And why do you give an outlier and suggest it's proof of anything (you know that's what you were doing).

I'm not the one who needs to provide evidence, you are the one who's claiming there is a change to the status quo. The onus is on you.

I fucked off for a while cos I've generally got better things to do. I'm only back cos of the final to catch up with a few users going to Madrid.

I think you need to provide evidence because what you're saying makes no sense. Any fool can see that there's a new trend for talented youngsters to seek opportunities abroad for more experience, and common sense says that's probably at the expense of more money at hugely rich clubs like Man City. No offence, but it's just kinda obvious.

And I didn't choose an outlier, whether you desperately want to believe that or not. I only had time for one example and chose Sancho cos he's the most prominent example and therefore would be likely to have figures easily available.

Cheers

I don't have a twitter page

Zinedine Zidane says Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid is "very clear" after the Wales forward, 29, was left out of the squad again. (AS)

The man who came on and scored twice to help Real Madrid beat us. Wonder why the hate/disdain from Zidane.

Aye, Reece Oxford and a few from Arsenal have headed over to Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom