• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH if they want (i don't know where the euro key is on my keyboard)60m, should we pay that? We've got a lot of work to do in the team, so i'd hope for less than that. I'd be looking at £40-45m

We need to be smart with our money. Not too smart where we end up fucking ourselves over, but certainly some semblance of sensibility
These cunt owners have used tricks year after year when it comes to signings, they owe the fans an apology by making the necessary signings. Getting away with shit. Think about how much support the team has had despite the lack of obviously needed signings. Never again with this ownership

I suggest you start a few threads raging about it all and maybe even being writing pointed letters to John Henry that carefully collate your thoughts on the matter.

What's the point when "Top Reds" like yourselves believed we never needed any signings last season for midfield just because we almost did the quad with a bunch of cripples in the end. I bet you are convincing yourself right now by saying to yourself "Why are we even signing palyers, that's so yesterday, considering we got guys like Elliot, Henderson etc. - legends who can do it again"

What's the point when "Top Reds" like yourselves believed we never needed any signings last season for midfield just because we almost did the quad with a bunch of cripples in the end. I bet you are convincing yourself right now by saying to yourself "Why are we even signing palyers, that's so yesterday, considering we got guys like Elliot, Henderson etc. - legends who can do it again"

Not really mate, there’s a bit of a difference between believing we need to sign good quality players and stamping your foot and acting like a petulant teenager every time we don’t sign every over-priced shit player that comes on the market.

Fucking hell, thats 55M GBP, for him !!! Will we even sign anyone else after that ? We need another midfielder and defender minimum !!!
It's probably including add ons. It's probably a very similar deal to the Mac Allister one.

Would you be happy then?

Not really mate, there’s a bit of a difference between believing we need to sign good quality players and stamping your foot and acting like a petulant teenager every time we don’t sign every over-priced shit player that comes on the market.

I never said I wanted to buy the most expensive player or the overpriced players. The point is that a lot of midfielders were available last season for cheap and the fact that we did not even take a chance on any of them because that over-rated French guy chose RM, and he was the ONLY right player for Klopp is something I find very hard to take as a Liverpool fan. The sham excuse that we are saving up for Jude Bellingham was a stupid one considering we knew that 3 midfield players were going to leave the following season in Keita, Milner, and Ox. I don't think me or other fans were being petulant at all, we were the ones with reason, and those supporters that were turning up to the games spending their hard earned cash to watch a team in decline - wow, that must have felt worth it.

There is also a bigger picture of actually being human about our known style of play and what we can expect from our midfielders, Thiago's injury is a result of using him to be the all action player at the start of the season, I was surprised he lasted as long as he did, and watching both Fabinho, and Henderson decline in front of our eyes against the young upstarts - was pretty sad to see as well. Yes we pay them loads of money but honestly we cannot expect them to "Go Again" - using the Klopp style after the previous season of nearly doing a quad. The ownership are pathetic - every fucking season we are always short of something - its like fixing a ship and finding another fucking plug-hole that needs filling and we have nothing to fill it with. Guarantee you if we don't sign a defender then come next season and we will find Klopp doing his dumb shit bollox of putting Henderson/Fab in defense.

Ibou has been the only French signing we've made in the last 10 years since Sakho arrived?

& Sakho wasn't exactly shit, just failed to kick on from expectations.
Eh, I'd say Momo Sissoko is our best French signing.

Just take the compliment, it’s not every day someone calls you a top red

I think this is happening. Likely to be our most expensive purchase of the summer (not by much, hopefully). Then after 2 deals for midfielders are completed, we can reassess our needs (1 more midfielder, a LCB and possibly a RB/CB) vs remaining budget. I suspect this is also when the decision on the outgoings will be made.

Last edited:

I think this is happening. Likely to be our most expensive purchase of the summer (not by much, hopefully). Then after 2 deals for midfielders are completed, we can reassess our needs (1 more midfielder, a LCB and possibly a RB/CB) vs remaining budget. I suspect this is also when the decision on the outgoings will be made.

I think CB comes next after 2 MFs, unless we sell Thiago. Even, then I think it is unlikely. Hard to integrate 3 new MFs at once the way we play.

Maybe see if one of the homegrown like Ward-Prowse is still available at the end of the window?

Agreeing personal terms shouldn't be hard he is on 14 k/w. Is getting Nice to agree to sell at a price FSG feel comfortable at
[article]
The Reds identified 22-year-old Nice star Thuram, the son of France legend Lilian, as a top target and it had been reported that a deal with the player was now in place, despite Nice being reluctant to sell their £52m-rated star.
However, according to The Athletic, Liverpool have dismissed speculation that they have already agreed personal terms with the player’s representatives.

[/article]

Is this guy like straight away first team material or more a Harvey Elliott level?
The guy is 6'4, has speed plus technically gifted... He is everything Naby should have been. If we get him he will be ace. But we need one more, in the form of Viega. we will press far better up front with him, and with Bobby gone Fab C going we need a player who can attack from MF.

The guy is 6'4, has speed plus technically gifted... He is everything Naby should have been. If we get him he will be ace. But we need one more, in the form of Viega. we will press far better up front with him, and with Bobby gone Fab C going we need a player who can attack from MF.

Naby should have been 6'4"…? I knew our medical screening missed some details with him, but that's on another level.

Naby should have been 6'4"…? I knew our medical screening missed some details with him, but that's on another level.

Probably was when he was 22 but as they say you get shorter as you get older, now at 52, he has lost a lot of his height through injury and age obviously

I am coming back from work, ai thought today was gonna be Thursday Thuram day, where the fuck is he in his Liverpool FC kit on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom