• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll This Summer Decides if we need New Owners?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Do you want FSG to move on?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Yes, if they do not provide ample funding this summer

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and our success was built on having data nerds recommending players to management before anyone else got to them, and getting the deals done months in advance..

Now we have a 59 year old "character" at the helm instead of a few young guns trying to convince top talent to play in the Europa league.- without any apparent knowledge of budget.

Yeah… but do the nerds have enough “intensity” to succeed at Liverpool?

I don’t see the issue with Adrian.

Adrian is obviously not getting paid a huge salary and is happy not playing, but being a part of the squad, helping the kids develop.

Harvey Davies will likely play in the League Cup and Adrian will sit happily on the bench - it’s not like we need someone to challenge Alisson - who’s only missed something like 18 games with injury in 5 seasons - and 12 of them were in 1 season 3 years ago.

He’s missed 3 league games in the last 2 seasons - that includes the weekend when he could have played.

It’s a reasonable risk to take.
He takes one of the OS spots whilst hopefully will never be used

Here's the thing. The club is worth 3-4BN currently.

They're sitting on a tidy profit from a $400M purchase price.

Not investing is just BANANAS. Of course they could find the funds. Of course there's justification for spending.

Like when you have a house that's say worth $500K, and you've a small mortgage. It makes sense to keep it updated with a equity loan surely.

So here's my question. Isn't it incredibly bad business not to invest? Like almost BANANAS

What else do you recommend doing, that’s going to cost as little money and fuss.
You let him go! We have supposedly an U21 GK who is really good. If you have to get someone, there's plenty under £2m who are happy to play 3rd fiddle. Joe Lumley will happily play 3rd fiddle, probably way cheaper in terms of salary and cannot be as bad as Adrian

They have been investing, to things that increase the value of the club. The training ground, the new stands.

They haven't been investing into the team, and it hasn't mattered at all, because we've been so well run. I think we easily could have won more, had more funding been available, but I don't think that would have affected our value at all, not really.

Now, yeah, it's hurting the bottom line a bit, and our valuation, probably not really. A protracted period like this, and it would. Klopps real remit (not the one he sets himself) is to keep getting us fourth. The Arsene Wenger gig. And he was good at it, but it satisfies not one single supporter, even if if you are good at it.

I actually think next summer will decide if the owners stay or go. When they realise that Klopp can’t work miracles when he’s surrounded by loaded clubs, as opposed to just a couple, they’ll either have to sink in funds or watch their investment dwindle in value and fast. One season without CL is one thing, but a regular occurrence is another matter

Yeah… but do the nerds have enough “intensity” to succeed at Liverpool?

FSG just hired a new nerd for their hockey team. Former Toronto general manager Kyle Dubas signed to become President of Hockey Operations for the Penguins today.

He's young, smart and seen as a strong performer despite recently being ousted in Toronto.

I actually think next summer will decide if the owners stay or go. When they realise that Klopp can’t work miracles when he’s surrounded by loaded clubs, as opposed to just a couple, they’ll either have to sink in funds or watch their investment dwindle in value and fast. One season without CL is one thing, but a regular occurrence is another matter

Ah jaysis. Even my gran knows this. Of course they realize it

[article]
The challenge this summer is to prove that Reds will be right back in the hunt after a difficult period. The hope is that Liverpool can produce a transformative transfer window, much as it did in 2018, to catapult itself back to the top.

It's worth remembering though, that the club's total spend of $292m (£228m/€267m) that year was fueled in large part by the sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, part of a $202m (£158m/€185m) January influx.

Even the highest spend in the club's history came within the constraints of FSG's self-sustaining model. And figures recently published by The Athletic show how limiting those principles can be.

Liverpool, as it turns out, ranks down in 19th in the Premier League for 'net owner funding' over the last five years, at minus $47m (£37m/€43m). Manchester City, which has won four of the last five titles, sits a full $151m ahead, with its very different model.

[/article]

Honestly, it's bordering a disgrace at this point. I've always been a fan of FSG, but this is just irresponsible mismanagement of a great club.

If you can't invest in something this good, it's time to move on FSG

Honestly, it's bordering a disgrace at this point. I've always been a fan of FSG, but this is just irresponsible mismanagement of a great club.

If you can't invest in something this good, it's time to move on FSG
Always been a fan of what?

The only thing FSG's done for our success is appoint Klopp, that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom