• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll This Summer Decides if we need New Owners?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Do you want FSG to move on?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Yes, if they do not provide ample funding this summer

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
FSG - I've always been a huge fan. They've built something wonderful.

But in the past, we've been slow to move on, as fans, when we need to. From managers, players, and well maybe even club owners. We're massive sentimentalists.

FSG have messed up badly (along with our management team) by not investing while we were ahead. They are incredibly vague about club plans. It's enough. The fans deserve better than this penny pinching.

If we don't get enough $ this summer from FSG (which seems likely), should they move on?

I've always been a fan, but enough is enough of the financial prudence. It's arguably as damaging the club as much as overinvestment would be.

They’re wasting peak Klopp years which is fucking annoying

This is what is so fucking annoying, not only Klopp but also the peak years of our world class players like VVD, Alisson, and Salah. Had they invested properly and also moved certain players on when they were not available or looked crooked then maybe our healthy players would not be so fucked. For an ownership that is very on when it comes to finances, it is quitw shocking that they did not force Klopp to move on the likes of Nabby and Ox when it was obvious they were not getting bang for their bucks in terms of player availability. Its actually quite sad they never invested properly after we won the PL, and CL. Further that season when VVD and the whole defence was injured they really fucked it up by not investing in defenders that jan transfer window, we would have had another PL title to our name.

We may have nearly done the quad the season before but it was always touch and go given the injury record of our squad members and the final weeks showed. Honestly it was so obvious we needed to add quality to our midfield after Gini left, and they still thought arrogantly we could continue.

Yes they need to go, but they won't and the fans seem to love them, so I'm done calling for them to go.

It's like hoping for a gun ban or the abolition of the Chinese Communist Party or something equally silly like that. Not going to happen whatever we hope for so just pray for the best within that context. Ward-Prowse, anyone?

Klopp isn't infallible.

He's too loyal, slow to make necessary changes to the squad and formation.

Latest example is the new contract to Adrian. A number of us would rather him never wear our kit again.

In response to the original question. Yes, it's make or break. They've put up in terms of the stadium. All that additional revenue should be put into the team rather than to line the pockets of the owners.

But its also make or break for Klopp too. He used up his goodwill this season for me.

But its also make or break for Klopp too. He used up his goodwill this season for me.

Unfortunately, this is what the reality is ... He has to be on his game, and realize if he starts the season with Fabinho and Hendo, he won't last for Liverpool as both cannot hack it in his system consistently.

Is there anyone in the board who has experience in football matters or is a fan of the sport? Ex-COE Peter Moore seems to be the last and only one?

I know it's not a necessity but I do think it has it's benefits.

Klopp isn't infallible.

Latest example is the new contract to Adrian. A number of us would rather him never wear our kit again.

In response to the original question. Yes, it's make or break. They've put up in terms of the stadium. All that additional revenue should be put into the team rather than to line the pockets of the owners.

No one is infallible. But how can you judge him properly when he hasn't been properly financially backed? Maybe he doesnt have to budget to focus on a replacement keeper, i dunno[emoji2377]. But i do know we're not going to get a better manager than klopp. Thankfully I think you're in the minority when it comes to klopp. It will be downhill for quite awhile when he leaves. So I hope he stays for a very long time.

FSG - I've always been a huge fan. They've built something wonderful.

But in the past, we've been slow to move on, as fans, when we need to. From managers, players, and well maybe even club owners. We're massive sentimentalists.

FSG have messed up badly (along with our management team) by not investing while we were ahead. They are incredibly vague about club plans. It's enough. The fans deserve better than this penny pinching.

If we don't get enough $ this summer from FSG (which seems likely), should they move on?

I've always been a fan, but enough is enough of the financial prudence. It's arguably as damaging the club as much as overinvestment would be.
Thanks for giving the option of "Maybe" - that gets my vote every fucking time, no matter what the poll

Unfortunately, this is what the reality is ... He has to be on his game, and realize if he starts the season with Fabinho and Hendo, he won't last for Liverpool as both cannot hack it in his system consistently.
Could the both of them hack it in another manager’s system? Nah. Not having this ‘used up his goodwill’ bollocks about Klopp.
He’s the best manager we’ve had in the modern era and we’re so lucky to have had him under the constraints imposed by the owners since day 1 of his tenure. He’s worked absolute miracles. Almost any other club would take him in with open arms, and we’d be utter morons to even contemplate letting him go early.

At the end of the day, it took Man U fans years of protesting and they're still not sure they've seen the last of the Glazers.
However, FSG to leave there has to be someone who would make an offer that meets FSG's valuation.

But we weren’t doing it at all, is the thing. We were being left being in growing merchandise and other commercial revenue streams by just about everyone of our status.

I don’t buy the “it’s all the owners’ fault” narrative. There’s plenty of blame to share around and, in my view, many have admitted to it which is a start.

Last edited:
Could the both of them hack it in another manager’s system? Nah. Not having this ‘used up his goodwill’ bollocks about Klopp.
He’s the best manager we’ve had in the modern era and we’re so lucky to have had him under the constraints imposed by the owners since day 1 of his tenure. He’s worked absolute miracles. Almost any other club would take him in with open arms, and we’d be utter morons to even contemplate letting him go early.

I don't want to let him go early - I would happily have him manage until he decides to quit.
However, he even alludes to the fact that his job security would be on the line if another season like this transpires.
Is it his fault? I don't know - tough to tell whether its his loyalty or miserly owners pushing keeping players way past their 'sell date' but my post isn't a gripe against Klopp.
It's more against the reality he's been forced to work under, based on the club's expectations.

FSG are self-serving, and sometimes it also helps the team/club.

As for Klopp, he is boss, but needs a proper director of football to work with.
The signing of Nunez, if it was his initiative, puts a dent in how I view him as a manager and his role.

Klopp isn't infallible.

I don’t see the issue with Adrian.

Adrian is obviously not getting paid a huge salary and is happy not playing, but being a part of the squad, helping the kids develop.

Harvey Davies will likely play in the League Cup and Adrian will sit happily on the bench - it’s not like we need someone to challenge Alisson - who’s only missed something like 18 games with injury in 5 seasons - and 12 of them were in 1 season 3 years ago.

He’s missed 3 league games in the last 2 seasons - that includes the weekend when he could have played.

It’s a reasonable risk to take.

They’re wasting peak Klopp years which is fucking annoying
If he had binned Ox and Naby earlier he could have gotten another midfielder. Let's see if he bins Gomez, Thiago or one of the midfielders this season. If he doesn't he needs to take part of the blame.

I am 99% sure Gomez will still be here next season and eventually leave on a free and we will have the same moan about him in every game he plays.

I think the tide may by turning, and the fans may be starting to get a little impatient. I mean do we really want to slide back into mid table mediocrity.

People act like changing owners is as straightforward as sacking a manger. FSG will so whatever they want with the club whenever they want to do it. The whole FSG in/FSG out debate has to be one the most pointless discussions in existence.

FWIW I'm cautiously okay with minority investment being sought, but I'll always be open to a sale to the 'right' people. We do need significantly more owner investment to compete. It always has to be caveated with the fact there's far worse potential owners out there then our current set of lizards, so any sale should be approached with caution and scrutiny rather than mindless joy and gratitude.

FSG have arguably done one good thing in twelve years. Hired Klopp.

All the other stuff, global sponsorships and capacity expansion, they're what everyone else has done and only benefit themselves.

But we were lauded for other things that they did with the data analytics etc. but they decided to let that go to shit, and I think they have given too much power to Klopp now. But the point made by @bluebell - with regards to their valuation ... given they are businessmen themselves, they have also shown themselves to be proper fucking gangsters. They will never bend like the Glazer's have done with Man U fans. They will sell / buy players on their terms, and they have shown themselves to be ultimate gamblers.

Bottom line - at a club like ours owners will only last so long if they are not wanted. They are answerable to the fans.

I'm not ready to run FSG out of town. They are lizards but not outright evil. Well, at least, in as far as anyone with their level of wealth can be not evil.

But they've had a mix of good decisions, a lot of luck (Ward, Klopp), and some real headshakers. They need to realize we need a new plan going forward, as it's a more competitive landscape and we can't rely on Klopp to save us for too many years without having a solid backbone to the club.

I'm not ready to run FSG out of town. They are lizards but not outright evil. Well, at least, in as far as anyone with their level of wealth can be not evil.

But they've had a mix of good decisions, a lot of luck (Ward, Klopp), and some real headshakers. They need to realize we need a new plan going forward, as it's a more competitive landscape and we can't rely on Klopp to save us for too many years without having a solid backbone to the club.

It doesn’t seem particularly encouraging that staff are leaving and the only new external appointment is an eyebrow raising short term one.

Last edited:
Agreed, and our success was built on having data nerds recommending players to management before anyone else got to them, and getting the deals done months in advance..

Now we have a 59 year old "character" at the helm instead of a few young guns trying to convince top talent to play in the Europa league.- without any apparent knowledge of budget.

Agreed, no one is ready to run them out. But if this summer is another exercise of Scroogery, we'll be 2 years behind. From a place of being a few years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom