• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This is the End(o)

I don't think Stefan gets in the team tbh. We're much more stacked in midfield now than we were when he broke.through, and he's lost a year of development through injury. He's got a fucking long way to go.

Definitely need a DM
He’s gonna beast it in DM. Trust the Momo.

There's absolutely zero need to sell Endo.
The fee will be low, any new DM will need to adapt, Bejectic cannot be relied upon and has not proven himself as a six. It's often forgotten all his best performances came as a defensive 8, with Fabinho getting outpaced by evolution behind him.

I can get behind and expect some tough, controversial decisions may need to be made this summer, but this one does not make much sense to me.

There's absolutely zero need to sell Endo.
The fee will be low, any new DM will need to adapt, Bejectic cannot be relied upon and has not proven himself as a six. It's often forgotten all his best performances came as a defensive 8, with Fabinho getting outpaced by evolution behind him.

I can get behind and expect some tough, controversial decisions may need to be made this summer, but this one does not make much sense to me.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers Badger’s performances as they were.

Wieffer might be an upgrade though.

I can’t remember where, but there were some stats floating around that indicated Endo was not a good fit in a Slot team.

I agree though, there is no obvious reason to sell - we should keep for squad depth at the very least.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers Badger’s performances as they were.

Wieffer might be an upgrade though.

I can’t remember where, but there were some stats floating around that indicated Endo was not a good fit in a Slot team.

I agree though, there is no obvious reason to sell - we should keep for squad depth at the very least.

The only reason would be overseas player space, if slot fancies a big recruitment drive

The only reason would be overseas player space, if slot fancies a big recruitment drive

Yep - we’re short on home grown grown players at the minute - which makes selling Gomez all the more weird - because he ticks every box that says DO NOT SELL… unless someone wants to offer like £60m+

I don't think we'll sell Gomez, He'd just like us to consider bids. Which we will, and immediately disregard

This report is obviously bullshit for a number of glaring reasons:

Slot doesn't decide who stays or goes, and he hasn't even met Endo yet, so why would he want him out?

Even if we get a new Defensive Midfielder (which we won't), we would still need depth in the squad. Endo has had good games

Endo isn't paid a lot, nor are there clubs queuing to sign him, and he doesn't want to go. Selling him makes no sense whether for sporting or economic reasons and I certainly don't see Hughes / Edwards selling him.

Finally, it doesn't need to be said but this is written by one of those 'freelance journalists' who have a track record of getting every possible transfer rumour wrong.
And, while we've not exactly covered ourselves in glory over the whole changing of hands and it's particular timing (Klopp having to chat about it ahead of big games, Slot having to talk about it ahead of a Feyenoord game), I don't believe that players are being made aware at this stage, whether they are going to be here next season or not. I mean, that would potentially be detrimental to players form 👀

He would be a great wise head to have in the squad along with a younger DM with a higher ceiling. He's proven he's good enough, we should keep him (IMO)

He would be a great wise head to have in the squad along with a younger DM with a higher ceiling. He's proven he's good enough, we should keep him (IMO)

If buy another DM and we have Bajcetic then it would make sense to move him on though.

Something tells me Bajcetic will improve massively in his development once he’s fit.

If buy another DM and we have Bajcetic then it would make sense to move him on though.

Something tells me Bajcetic will improve massively in his development once he’s fit.

I kind of agree, but Baj hasn't played DM for us in 18 months, and has never played alongside Macca, Szob, Virgil, etc.

Nothing against Endo, but he was absolutely dire against a bang average United team, and if it's going to be that easy to rattle him, then any team can do it. Therefore he's probably a candidate to be sold.

This report is obviously bullshit for a number of glaring reasons:

Slot doesn't decide who stays or goes, and he hasn't even met Endo yet, so why would he want him out?

Even if we get a new Defensive Midfielder (which we won't), we would still need depth in the squad. Endo has had good games

Endo isn't paid a lot, nor are there clubs queuing to sign him, and he doesn't want to go. Selling him makes no sense whether for sporting or economic reasons and I certainly don't see Hughes / Edwards selling him.

Finally, it doesn't need to be said but this is written by one of those 'freelance journalists' who have a track record of getting every possible transfer rumour wrong.
Re: your last point, I feel it *does* need to be said as critical thinking seems to be lacking when it comes to these social media chancers.
Remember when we bid £51M for Valverde?
Yeah…didn’t happen.
Remember when Gary O’Neil was interviewed as a potential Klopp replacement?
Yeah…didn’t happen.

Stop putting any faith in these absolute whoppers, people!

I kind of agree, but Baj hasn't played DM for us in 18 months, and has never played alongside Macca, Szob, Virgil, etc.

It will be a new 6/8 role regardless with a new manager though. If its a 4-2-3-1 with two cm/dm i e.
Bajectic to maybe play the Wieffer role in the team.

Obviously a bollocks, fictitious report. How the fuck would Slot have had any time to sit and work on our squad for next season?

Nothing against Endo, but he was absolutely dire against a bang average United team, and if it's going to be that easy to rattle him, then any team can do it. Therefore he's probably a candidate to be sold.
He’s had far more good games than bad, and if we’re pinpointing a single game to criticize him, then I assume all the rest of the players were in tip top shape, performing at a high level against Utd in spite of Endo?

Back
Top Bottom