• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, as much as I love Gini, I wouldn't mind a midfield with Thiago.
It's almost a like for like replacement. With possibly more assists.

I think we might be better for that swap in an attacking sense, but there's no doubt Gini is much more solid defensively, and probably better for the team overall. Plus he's a lot more robust and hardly ever injured. I wouldn't be in a rush to go through with that deal.

I have concerns about replacing Gini . He's a work horse he's part of a hard working midfield trio which expertly covers and allows for full backs to bomb forward and to play a front three safely

Strange taste in mates too.
;)

Hal out on the town with Paul Gorst:

e6c4f467a9349b3cf925afd886d98183.jpg

I have concerns about replacing Gini . He's a work horse he's part of a hard working midfield trio which expertly covers and allows for full backs to bomb forward and to play a front three safely

But if he doesn't extend his contract we have to sell.

The Liverpool board has told boss Jurgen Klopp to sell players such as Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 25, to fund a move for Bayern Munich and Spain midfielder Thiago, 29.

https://www.kicker.de/4000000034681...die-reds-mehr-als-nur-ein-problem-der-abloese

If we do have to sell a player to fund Thiago I would sooner it be AOC than Keita, and if that choice boils down to Keita and Thiago we should keep Keita. At 25 Keita will only get better, While Thiago has hit his peak

So little difference between FSG and Mike Ashley

The Liverpool board has told boss Jurgen Klopp to sell players such as Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 25, to fund a move for Bayern Munich and Spain midfielder Thiago, 29.

https://www.kicker.de/4000000034681...die-reds-mehr-als-nur-ein-problem-der-abloese

If we do have to sell a player to fund Thiago I would sooner it be AOC than Keita, and if that choice boils down to Keita and Thiago we should keep Keita. At 25 Keita will only get better, While Thiago has hit his peak

Kicker going overboard to find a way to help sell Thiago. There's no way Keita, Gini (unless he continues to refuse a new contract) and I'd probably say AOC as well considering how much Klopp likes him, will be sold. We don't have enough midfielders as it is, 7 is likely the minimum we require.

I might be wrong, but I just don't see us selling him even if he doesn't sign.
I'd guess that depends more on what he'd fetch. If it is a low figure due to age/wage demands then that is likely a figure we'd be happy to amortise over a season. However if we can get (pure guess) £20m or more to basically cover the cost of Thiago, then I could see us letting him go. But we'd still need another midfielder in that case.

Interesting on Gini. Are we looking at him through red-tinted glasses ?

Just on Morse's MoM table (where is @Morse - seems to have gone AWOL and the table with him).

Hendo miles ahead, even the other midfielders, with I suspect (without checking) less minutes, are ahead (Fabs) or just behind him (Ox, Keita, Millie). Checking the WhoScored rating though he has relatively high scores (close to an average of 7 per game) which sort of bears out what our eyes tell us ... a highly reliable but unspectacular (unless we are playing Barca) midfielder, the water-carrier.

Kicker going overboard to find a way to help sell Thiago. There's no way Keita, Gini (unless he continues to refuse a new contract) and I'd probably say AOC as well considering how much Klopp likes him, will be sold. We don't have enough midfielders as it is, 7 is likely the minimum we require.

Well we currently have Hendo, Fabs, Gini, Keita, Milner, Ox, Jones and Grujic. There arent enough games to go round as it is. If Thiago joins Id expect at least one midfielder to go, more likely 2.

Why would Kicker try to help sell Thiago...?

If that's true, that seems like a big "fuck you" . Win CL Super Cup, WCC, and PL, generate £40m in sales through transfers yet he still has to raise more cash through transfers.
These owners are worse than stan kroenkre and Joe Lewis

Well we currently have Hendo, Fabs, Gini, Keita, Milner, Ox, Jones and Grujic. There arent enough games to go round as it is. If Thiago joins Id expect at least one midfielder to go, more likely 2.
Rather than Thiago I would sooner go for Boateng as we can not rely on Mapit fitness, we have all but sold Lovren a CB is needed more than a Midfielder at this point

It’s almost like there isn’t enough money left after huge bonuses to players and staff, redeveloped stadium and training facilities followed by a drop in income due to a pandemic.
Chelsea, City, Arsenal Utd are all in the same boat as far as the lost revenues goes due to the pandemic yet the are still investing in player, as said we have just come off the back of winning the CL,Super Cup,WCC and the Premier League you can not tell me that we have not made at least £200m in revenue through sells of merchandise etc all the shirts bought when we won the sixth CL (Even if you just had an extra star added to you old shirt, then the WCC bagde, and now the Champions symbol, bagde etc...

Even Arsenal are looking to spend £100m... Maybe if finishing in the bottom two or three in American sports meant you were religated to a second tier these cunts would invest more in the manager and club...

In a very extreme and tiny way I would love to see if we were religated next season, and stayed down for the season after that if FSG would still be here, I am guessing it would be a big fat No

Please explain how our circumstances are the same as city, Chelsea and Arsenal. Have they developed their own infrastructure? Do they have the same wage structure as us? Do we have a massive pile of cash from last seasons player sales? Did we receive any extra money from NB for extra merchandise?

You’re being ridiculous over this. Just calm down. We don’t need massive money pumped in to the squad. We need 3 or 4 squad players. Hopefully Lewis is one of those.

We just won’t go out and spunk a hundred million quid on a credit card just for the sake of doing so. That’s not how this club works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom