• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh that old pearl. The final hurdle being making a bid or the club being interested in the player.

I'm pretty sure all of this is coming from the Bayern / Thiago side. Not saying we are or aren't interested, but these stories are all from Germany.

I reckon gini wants to change his role. Netherlands he scores for fun and dominates games, whereas for us he's so reserved and completely unspectacular

I think a formally flying winger like him will want a bigger role in the team

Thiago won't come to sit on the bench. So i reckon gini is off, and we might listen to bids for keita; leaving thiago, hendo, fabinho in the midfield 3, with ox, jones and taki/shaqiri to rotate in

C'mon you guys.. we want Thiago because Gini's off?

What next? We buy Messi because Shaqiri won't sign a new contract?

I love Gini as a person and I think we need him in the squad still as energetic cover for Hendo and as he barely loses the ball cheaply (see Ox). But as a creative player, he's an incredible coward. Takes very little risk with the ball in and around the box, and when he has to finish an easy chance, you just know he's going to snatch at it and cock it up (save the Barca game)

Hopefully we sack Ox off. And our midfield consists of:

2 options as the creative AM dribblers in Tiago and Keita.
2 options for the CM worker slot in Hendo and Gini.
2 options in the DM slot in Fab and Hendo.

Milner, Jones and Minamino to provide options for cover across each position.

Gini's best quality is his ability to stay fit consistently. That shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

Add to that the fact that he's very good at taking care of the ball and always puts in a shift. He's easily one of our most valuable squad members. I wouldn't be happy if he left.

Ox for me has the least impact of our midfielders on our overall play, and he'd be the one I'd move on if I had to.

Sean is right, Thiago isn't 10x better than Wijnaldum, stop taking the piss. He's 12.6x

Gini's best quality is his ability to stay fit consistently. That shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

Add to that the fact that he's very good at taking care of the ball and always puts in a shift. He's easily one of our most valuable squad members. I wouldn't be happy if he left.

Ox for me has the least impact of our midfielders on our overall play, and he'd be the one I'd move on if I had to.

Agreed. Ox would be first out for me.

Fantastic! I see its from their trustworthy employee and Bundesliga expert, Hanz Ernest Adaulfo.
With a name like that, you cant be wrong.

99%

Agreed. Ox would be first out for me.
Definitely, but I don't believe Thiago is joining in order to become a squad player. One of the starters has to go and to me, considering Gini hasn't signed a new contract , he looks the likeliest.

If we were throwing cash around like we just didn't care ala the other teams near the top, I think we should be all over this transfer if there was a possibility. But considering Macclesfield town have more money than us, if we spend 30mill on fucking Thiago when we could have had Werner for the same money, I'll be fuming.

If we were throwing cash around like we just didn't care ala the other teams near the top, I think we should be all over this transfer if there was a possibility. But considering Macclesfield town have more money than us, if we spend 30mill on fucking Thiago when we could have had Werner for the same money, I'll be fuming.

I would have liked Werner, but what the fuck are you talking about?

The Werner deal was c. £120m all in, for a player that doesn’t start if the front 3 are fit and not being rested, and who breaks the wage structure and causes all kinds of contract renegotiation issues through the squad.

The Thiago deal is c.£45m all in, so less than half the Werner deal, and closer to a third, for a player that may well be a fixture in the starting XI and doesn’t cause any of those other issues.

I don’t buy the link by the way, as a 29yr old with questionable fitness doesn’t seem to fit the profile; but to call the deals “the same money” and equivalents is fucking retarded

Also as most people have rightly speculated it seems highly unlikely we would be signing Thiago without moving on one of Ox/Gini. Selling either of them would likely make Thiago pretty affordable.

Any chance Milner will leave to play for Leeds?
If he did - I wouldn't begrudge him one little bit. To me, he can do what the fuck he wants. He has more than earned his stripes for the reds. He will go down in the history books as a red legend no what he decides to do. (in my opinion anyway)

Any chance Milner will leave to play for Leeds?

It could conceivably be best for all parties, hes a legend and hes won everything in the game. His opportunities are going to be pretty limited next year. Hes spoken before about how it would mean alot to him to play for Leeds in top flight again, given the nature of how he left. If he wanted to see out his career at Elland road I dont think we could stand in his way and it would free up a place in the squad for either Jones or Gruijic to get more game time.

So much revisionism around Gini. His greatest asset is playing the game exactly as Klopp intends. He presses, he covers the full backs, he tackles, he retains, he can join attacks, he helps make the opposition weary through endless possession. When required he has the ability to turn on his attacking form, but it isn't surprising that it is rusty given he rarely plays that role.

Thiago looks great, but what we might gain in dribbling & passing we will lose in 'system' and cover for our best assets Robbo & TAA - we'd need him to ramp up quickly in to that role.

I'd be sad to see Gini go, but he has been instrumental in us winning #6 and #19 and we shouldn't let a couple of games where the whole squad has been off colour cloud that memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom