• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The secret behind Sevilla’s success? Meet Monchi, the transfer wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they turned down the opportunity to buy him for 12.5m.

It was a bad deal for a player who has done fuck all anywhere for the past few seasons. No amount of making shit up changes that

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo are reporting that Benfica forward Lazar Markovic, who is set to make a switch to Liverpool, turned down a move to Chelsea in favour of moving to Anfield.
Chelsea had an option on Markovic, and were able to sign him for €15 million, rather than the €25 million that Liverpool are going to pay for the highly-rated wonderkid. They did attempt to exercise that clause, suggesting that the Stamford Bridge club were interested in bringing him in, but Markovic rejected the move as he felt it was unlikely that he would play enough football.

The interest was reported several places with conflicting reports about him turning Chelsea down or the other way around. Therefor their involvement could have made us more trigger happy. It could have. As in could. So the "making shit up" comment is poor, even for you.
But knowing your intellectual level I'm not surprised.

Nobody is saying that we didnt pay to much either. We clearly did.
He hadnt done fuck all either. He had a good season at Benfica. The agreed fee Chelsea had in line was probably the correct one in regards to his talent and the club that was selling him.

Markovic had 3 good season in serbia and one great season in Benefica . If he hax translated the same here in the PL we would be talking about a world class pl ayer by now . There is always a risk associated with any signing but we clearly did our homework . If you are able to criticize the deal today , it is only because you have the benefit of hindsight . You are fucking dense if you cant realize .

For a club that makes mistakes like Balotelli, Benteke and Carroll almost every season , im actually glad that we also make mistakes like Markovic .

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo are reporting that Benfica forward Lazar Markovic, who is set to make a switch to Liverpool, turned down a move to Chelsea in favour of moving to Anfield.
Chelsea had an option on Markovic, and were able to sign him for €15 million, rather than the €25 million that Liverpool are going to pay for the highly-rated wonderkid. They did attempt to exercise that clause, suggesting that the Stamford Bridge club were interested in bringing him in, but Markovic rejected the move as he felt it was unlikely that he would play enough football.

The interest was reported several places with conflicting reports about him turning Chelsea down or the other way around. Therefor their involvement could have made us more trigger happy. It could have. As in could. So the "making shit up" comment is poor, even for you.
But knowing your intellectual level I'm not surprised.

Nobody is saying that we didnt pay to much either. We clearly did.
He hadnt done fuck all either. He had a good season at Benfica. The agreed fee Chelsea had in line was probably the correct one in regards to his talent and the club that was selling him.

You have to be painfully ignorant to trawl the web for some Portuguese article while overlooking the players comments on the situation and all the other more reliable reports out there.

Markovic had 3 good season in serbia and one great season in Benefica . If he hax translated the same here in the PL we would be talking about a world class pl ayer by now . There is always a risk associated with any signing but we clearly did our homework . If you are able to criticize the deal today , it is only because you have the benefit of hindsight . You are fucking dense if you cant realize .

For a club that makes mistakes like Balotelli, Benteke and Carroll almost every season , im actually glad that we also make mistakes like Markovic .

Two points.

Q
1. He's never played a full season. So a great one is a stretch.

2. Even Glock managed to call this on correctly when we were first linked. (Hansern, thought it was a great idea)

49 games for Benfica isnt a full season? Do they play 80 games there?

Your opinion regarding transfers doesn't mean much either after the whole Suarez debacle.
The arguably best player in the World this season isnt good enough. Congrats.
We can all live with a few Downings etc. But that one, deary me.

Regarding Markovic. Being 22 years old its not yet concluded whether he'll make it here or not. He's got more than enough time to develop.
I really hope Klopp brings him back now and he turns out to be ace. It will be one more Firmino/Origi etc.
Klopp even said it himself that we dont give players enough time to adapt and develop. But even he cant get through to some people.

The fee was to high, that we all agree on, but he clearly isn't shite.

Everyone makes mistakes about players. Even I do it sometimes. Although it's incredibly rare.
thumb_15714_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Easy, lads, we have a cup final in a few hours, no need to shout and call each other cunts (OK, nobody did yet, but I feel it's coming).

I think "great season" is a stretch, Markovic was a starter in 19 out of 30 league games in his last season for Benfica, and in 7 out of 14 CL and Europa League games. He actually lost his starter status for the last 3 games of the season and was on the bench for the big derby game against Porto. So you could say he had one great stretch of one season – showing his potential, but also inconsistency in a far weaker league. Why players coming from Portugal usually command such inflated fees is a topic for a big discussion for another time.

Yeah, he's really proved me wrong, a £28m player who scored 15 less than Harry Kane, and sits one goal behind Sigurdsson, Wijnaldum, Pelle and Arnautovic. Still, at least he scored the same amount as Delle Ali and Shane Long, and one more than Mitrovoc and Andy Carroll.

Boy is my face red!

Yeah, he's really proved me wrong, a £28m player who scored 15 less than Harry Kane, and sits one goal behind Sigurdsson, Wijnaldum, Pelle and Arnautovic. Still, at least he scored the same amount as Delle Ali and Shane Long, and one more than Mitrovoc and Andy Carroll.

Boy is my face red!

Why would you compare an attacking midfielder's goal stats to an out-and-out CF like Kane? If you do, at least you should include the number of assists as well.

Why would you compare an attacking midfielder's stats to a CF like Kane? If you do, at least you should include the number of assists as well.

Harry Kane is the top scorer - included for context - Sigurdsson, Delle Ali, Arnautovic, Wijnaldum included to show goals scored by midfield/ attacking players, none of whom, incidentally, ever played as a striker or false nine.

Also, it's quite amusing to note Hansern's longstanding and utterly retarded opinion about Harry Kane, in the context of a post about getting things wrong, in which Harry Kane finishes as the top scorer in the Premiership, the second season in succession in which he has scored more than 20 Premiership goals.

Boy is my face red!

To be fair 28 million these days has become nothing. Stoke pay that with out flinching.

We have just been linked to another nobody winger from portugal for 49 fucking million pounds...49 fucking million...i shit you not.

To be fair 28 million these days has become nothing. Stoke pay that with out flinching.

We have just been linked to another nobody winger from portugal for 49 fucking million pounds...49 fucking million...i shit you not.

Stoke's record signing is £18m.

Harry Kane is the top scorer - included for context - Sigurdsson, Delle Ali, Arnautovic, Wijnaldum included to show goals scored by midfield/ attacking players, none of whom, incidentally, ever played as a striker or false nine.

Also, it's quite amusing to note Hansern's longstanding and utterly retarded opinion about Harry Kane, in the context of a post about getting things wrong, in which Harry Kane finishes as the top scorer in the Premiership, the second season in succession in which he has scored more than 20 Premiership goals.

I've said plenty of times of late that Harry Kane is a very good footballer. Didnt want to get on the hype train after 1 season. Proved me wrong during his second season. If I had a retarded opinion about him I would still say he's not all that. But thats incorrect if you kept up.

I doubt anyone really thought he would score as many goals this season as he did last season.Credit to him for doing that.

The hype train has already started with Rashford aswell.

I understand refusing to buy into early, feverish hype which is why it seems weird to say that after an OK season, Firmino is suddenly amazing and a fantastic signing.

He's deffo scoring tonight now. Keep it up. Something about 1 decent game in January and fuck all since should help.

Yeah, but I worry that he's currently playing one great game, one shite game.

So he was rubbish in the first leg against Villareal, great in the second leg. Time for a rubbish display?

I understand refusing to buy into early, feverish hype which is why it seems weird to say that after an OK season, Firmino is suddenly amazing and a fantastic signing.

Firmino needed time to adapt in a new league but kept developing and was our best player for parts of this season.
Its been more than an OK first season. Whether or not he'll be a fantastic signing is to early to tell but the signs are there.
He was also boss in Germany prior to joining us, so we knew he was a good player.

Kane didnt really show any promise at all in the lower leagues or for Norwich and in his first year for Spurs before suddenly just scoring goals for fun.
Thats why at least in my opinion it could have been just one of those seasons. But this year he has shown his qualities and did even better.
I've got no problem in saying he's proved that he's a quality player.

Last edited:
And I've got no problem with restating the fact that Firmino hasn't proven anything really, and has to show improvement next season.

I don't care what he did in Germany, or what Markovic did in Serbia, or indeed what Harry Kane did on loan in the lower leagues, because being named Millwall's Young Player Of The Season while he was there and scoring 9 goals in 27 games, wasn't any guarantee he would be a top scorer at Spurs

To give Kane his due, he is much better than Firmino at not getting absolutely shit neck tattoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom