• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll The sack race

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which manager will be sacked first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
I have to say it feels pretty great to contemplate which one of the underperforming managers of Everton, United or Spurs will be gone first – while sitting in first place ourselves. Steve Bruce, Nuno Espirito Santo, Watford's Flores, Hasenhuttl and maybe even Emery could also be in the conversation, depending on the next few results.

Last edited:
Silva has spent most and is failing miserably. I don’t even know why they tried so hard to get him in the first place.

Back in the day, when they were good and we struggled to be good consistently, we used to always get results.
I hope we do thrash them, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's 0-0!

Be typical. I just hope he’s still in charge for the game

Back in the day, when they were good and we struggled to be good consistently, we used to always get results.
I hope we do thrash them, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's 0-0!
Exactly this.

I think the roles have very much reversed, whilst they're much bigger & have more cash to spend, the parallels with us in decline are clear.

In the same way I'd expect the players & fans to throw everything at this to prove a point, you can almost guarantee it'll be way harder for us than any other side they play.

I don’t think they can sack Bruce.

They struggled for candidates in the summer. Who would go there now?

Steve Bruce will stir his barcodes into a sound victory against United, dragging Everton into the relegation zone and leaving United in that group of mid-table strugglers who are at risk of being drawn into a relegation fight. At this stage it will be like the WWI mobilisation situation, with the machinery of managerial sacking beginning to turn at United and Everton. However, Everton are exceptionally well practiced at this and will complete the task well before United finally, and inevitably appoint the Giggsy/ Phil Neville dream team.

Poch would have gotten the sack first if he hadnt signed a new contract.

Silva will go first

Silva has spent most and is failing miserably. I don’t even know why they tried so hard to get him in the first place.

In fairness he did well at Watford and at Hull before that. What surprised me was how determined Moshiri was to continue pursuing the guy.

I want us to get Ole & Poch sacked.

I remember reading we have gotten more managers sacked than any other team in England, I'd love to add those two to the list in the next few weeks.
Why ? They are doing a really bad job, let it continue.

Ole and Silva to keep their jobs pretty please

The others can go

Just invested a tenner on Utd to get relegated at 150/1. Would be a shame to miss out financially if they hang on to Ole until it's too late.

I vote for Silva. To spend so poorly and be in relegation zone after 8 games is just awful. OGS is probably safe, for now, because Woodward is clueless, will probably blame it on the injuries, and may not want to look like a fool by firing him so quickly after giving him that 3-year contract. As for Pochettino, he's been there so long that it may be more of a mutual agreement at the end of the season than a flat out firing. With no big club openings at the moment i don't see him walking out too soon in the season.

Not having watched Everton over 90 minutes this season, it's hard for me to comprehend what's going on. They have a lot of attacking quality on paper and it seems Silva spent the pre-season working on the defensive side of things, so their defense was arguably the meanest in the league early on. How did it all fall apart?

It should be Solskjaer, but I really hope its not. I genuinely think hes the worst manager in the league. There is absolutely no chance any club in the league would swap him for their current manager.

Solskjaer being replaced by Pochettino or Allegri now would be a disaster.

Well not a disaster, but it would be like dropping your ice cream. Or forgetting the condoms.

While there were many wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth when Maureen was appointed ("He shits titles", remember), I welcomed the prospect of seeign him fail badly, thereby making both himself & the club a laughing stock.

Likewise I would welcome the prospect of Pochettino doing the same ... bring it on

PS - My autocorrect tries to turn Pochettino into an evil right wing dictator from Chile ... its a sign

I really hope they keep Ole, but I can't see it happening now. He is doing with Man U exact what he did with Cardiff. It is a beauty to watch and his forever shining star is not visible anymore. He is really piss poor and it is lovely to see the pre and post match interviews now. Noone, absolutely noone, believes a word of what he is saying. Even the norwegian experts were slaughtering him on telly yesterday. Brede Hangeland was furious when he heard they lack selfconfidence. He shouted; "So do something about it!!! That is your responsibility!".

I also don't think a disoriented Poch would be a good signing for them now. He probably should take some time off if he leaves Spurs, only to recharge and find the hunger again. Going straight from Spurs to United now is a tough task. He has been building this spurs team for 5 years or so so suddenly just work with a crap group of desolutioned players with a frustrated fanbase can hardly work.

Not having watched Everton over 90 minutes this season, it's hard for me to comprehend what's going on. They have a lot of attacking quality on paper and it seems Silva spent the pre-season working on the defensive side of things, so their defense was arguably the meanest in the league early on. How did it all fall apart?

They don't actually have a striker. That's probably a major factor

The problem with everton is there big spending will catch catch up with them and be a curse for Silva

They have spent really big money on a load of average players. They haven't signed any player that makes you think 'wow what a player' Maybe digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom