• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Positive and Optimistic Life Without Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

moron

i am legend
Hi All,

I don't usually start threads, and to be honest there is just to much anguish that I feel here, sure I'm worried about the future, but I have faith in FSG of all organizations about the future of our club. They know what it means to be in the big time now, and they know we won't demand nothing less. So I am confident that whoever we get will be good for us. Just for a second think about the benefits of him leaving and getting a new manager:

1) He is tired and you can see it, maybe its time we need someone with fresh ideas who if given the squad like the one we have will do well against the likes of Pep.

2) If it all goes tits up - just think about how busy this site will be with so many of us wanting therapy from our fellow LFC supporters, I can see it now - I come on here swearing at the new manager, calling him an utter cunt and whatever, and the @StevieM / @Frogfish (you know the top top red brigade) will be onto me straight away, trying to reason with me "....... for fucks sake give the manager a chance moron - its only been 15 games and we are 16th in the league". Arteta went through the same process. You can imagine though there will be so much social media activity surrounding our club, and how we have fallen.

3) So far I have looked at Klopp leaving by comparing with history - he is the reviver like Shankly, so maybe the next guy will be our Paisley - the one who keeps winning consistently - domestically and in Europe, and taking Klopp's ideas to a new level.

I feel a general excitement about the future and next season, also if we don't win anything this season, I would rather not see Klopp next season. I feel not winning anything this season after the shit we went through last season was bad enough.

Anyway post only good things about Klopp leaving here, non of this depressing funeral shit.

In the past whenever a Liverpool manager left, the shock was quickly replaced by rubbing hands at who we can get.

This is the first time in my life as a Liverpool supporter where I feel that whoever we get is going to be kind of a downgrade, but that's more of a compliment to Klopp rather than an insult to whoever comes in.

But the cool thing is that the Liverpool 2.0 rebuild is looking very promising. Klopp has spread the attacking quality across the midfield and forwards unlike Liverpool 1.0 where it was front-loaded.

I love that we have this huge flourish of youth coming through, which is important to do as those young guns are going to have that root connection with the club.

I wonder if - in a weird kind of way - we're currently a slightly less attractive proposition than if we were a little bit shit?

From a manager's pov they might relish the challenge of coming into a team that's slightly dysfunctional and underperforming, turn it around and take all the plaudits.

But to take over a team challenging for a quad for the second time in 3 years, where rarely before has so much been done with so little...

Are managers gonna look at that and think they'd prefer a different kind of challenge?

a slightly less attractive proposition? Are you kidding? With this squad! Managers would be chomping at the bits to have half of these players

Are managers gonna look at that and think they'd prefer a different kind of challenge?
I think there's a few managers who will say "yes" straight away! Hans Flick, Maureen, Conte, Lowe and Tuchel are examples..

I believe its Xabi's if he wants it, and if he says no, then there's probably a list of 10

Up the mighty fecking reds…what an amazeballs experience having Klopp as our manager has been …enjoy this season it’s big history making ,piss boiling memories, no one can take. Then comes the statue …..
YNWA

Yeh yeh glad ya not mentioning that ..it’s all good
Yeah - it's all good, look how well our team played against Chelsea knowing that Klopp's going to leave us !!!! - I can't wait till Klopp actually leaves us - imagine the performances will be like this every game !!!

So, it's actually very unselfish of Klopp. He's really teeing up the next manager for success. Well drilled squad. Great players. Solid youth coming through. and minimal purchases needed.

a slightly less attractive proposition? Are you kidding? With this squad! Managers would be chomping at the bits to have half of these players

I know what you're saying, but it's whole poisoned chalice thing.

The point I'm making is how many are gonna look at the situation we're in and go "Yeah! I can take that to the next level" and how many are gonna go "Wow, that Klopp is some manager! Could I take that same group of players and even achieve as much as he has, let alone do better? Hmmm...not so sure"

The point I'm making is how many are gonna look at the situation we're in and go "Yeah! I can take that to the next level" and how many are gonna go "Wow, that Klopp is some manager! Could I take that same group of players and even achieve as much as he has, let alone do better? Hmmm...not so sure"
There is an interesting take on that from the guy in glasses:

Maybe FSG should just save themselves and appoint Curtis Jones as manager/overlord now.

If a manager has doubts about coming here and taking these players/club to the next level then I'm afraid they're not right mentality wise for us.

If a manager has doubts about coming here and taking these players/club to the next level then I'm afraid they're not right mentality wise for us.
I'm not disagreeing with you - whoever comes in is going to have to have the self-belief pand character to step out of Klopp's shadow.

I was just pondering on whether that aspect almost acts like a "men from the boys" filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom