• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Donkey

it's the last one from Nike lads. Let it slide. You can go back to moaning about Adidas from next Summer

I actually don't think that any of our forwards are shit, I think we've got a great group of forwards, but not exactly the right group of them. Too many left sided players/inside left players. Isn't that what everyone thought when we kept buying them? We have to address that balance and though I'd guess the braying masses would pick Nunez, it would have been Gakpo a couple months ago easily, Diaz toward the beginning of the season, and you could easily support arguments of the others. Gakpo is probably the only forward showing any consistent form in the last several matches, many of which weren't good results.

You can look at that game, and see it any way you want to I guess. I see a flawed team that had more energy than it has in months due to the crazy luxury that used to be normalcy, in terms of adequate training time, playing a dangerous team that looked tired and jaded, that isn't close to the finished article. The shoe has been on the other foot for most of the season.

The goals we ship always coincide with periods of play where our right flank is just outnumbered, and some poor panicked midfielder is sprinting diagonally across the pitch to cover the gap. I just don't get the team at all. We're always vulnerable no matter the game state. If can camp an opponents half, then we have the tools most of the time. I'm far more worried about how we concede goals than how we miss them, and the general shape of the team.

Nickolas Jackson now has 2 more PL goals than Nunez. I’m sorry to say this, he’s had some good moments, but if we’re choosing flop of the season for LFC, it’s Darwin.

I think that's just recency bias, honestly.
it probably is, but its also primacy bias. Hes been shite recently and he was shite when he came. The bit in the middle is a weird haze where i think he was good, but it also could have been an accident.

The one thing that i want is consistency. Give me a consistenct 7/10 striker and i'll be more content than nunez 1/10-10/10 performances. it must be hard to formulate a game plan when i doubt even nunez knows how he'll play.

Nickolas Jackson now has 2 more PL goals than Nunez. I’m sorry to say this, he’s had some good moments, but if we’re choosing flop of the season for LFC, it’s Darwin.

chris wood has outscored him in the league in less appearances

View: https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1787171612204183839/photo/1

This has to be a goal. HAS to be. A Liverpool striker cannot fluff these kinds of chances, consistently.

He had the ball under control at that point. He could have easily done a variety of other things other than shooting straight at the keeper only for the ball to bounce out for a throw which was like the worst outcome.

This and the Cruyff turn near our box which he completely fucked up.

It's becoming a big joke with this guy if it is not already.

He needs to learn a couple boring basic finishes. That's all he needs to learn.

He gets a million chances because he's doing a bunch of shit right and he's fast. His better periods of finishing are almost enough to justify his selection. If he could improve at all he'd be some player. Go backwards as he has, and he's a laughing stock.

I feel bad for him. Concerted PR against him, to what end exactly? If you want him out of the club you can do that quietly, that's the way we recoup the most money.

Last edited:
He needs to learn a couple boring basic finishes. That's all he needs to learn.

He gets a million chances because he's doing a bunch of shit right and he's fast. His better periods of finishing are almost enough to justify his selection. If he could improve at all he'd be some player. Go backwards as he has, and he's a laughing stock.

I feel bad for him. Concerted PR against him, to what end exactly? If you want him out of the club you can do that quietly, that's the way we recoup the most money.

What concerted PR attempt to run him out of the club?

Most people are broadly supportive - I mean for this site calling him shite is broadly supportive.

I think media pointing out he misses loads isn’t PR - because he does miss loads.

The club pushing stories through Bascombe and Joyce is what I'm referring to.

Anyway, he was a very speculative project that we overpaid for, but that's not his fault. I was hoping we'd develop him, if not and we sell him it's certainly nothing that odd, but it'd be neat if we weren't complete cunts about it.

The club pushing stories through Bascombe and Joyce is what I'm referring to.

Anyway, he was a very speculative project that we overpaid for, but that's not his fault. I was hoping we'd develop him, if not and we sell him it's certainly nothing that odd, but it'd be neat if we weren't complete cunts about it.

Didn’t notice them, but I don’t follow them.

Back
Top Bottom