• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
FpAA-sYWcAEudZn

Maybe someone needs to show these charts to Lijnders.

Also the PAPA acronym is hilarious :)

He’s looked so composed. I’ll reserve judgement until he does it over a longer period but at a time where we were falling apart in midfield dare I say he’s been like a new signing.
Very very promising.

Or he might just be good at footy.

Search your feelings, in a couple of seasons he will become unfathomably shit at footy, you know this to be true my child.

He looks good in that clip because his lack of mass allows him to turn very quickly, scoping out the entire 360 of the pitch, and selecting the best possible pass, effectively emulating what great players do in their heads without having to physically look. Alas, as you know, angular momentum = rest mass x angular velocity, so once the skinny fool is sent to the gym and his mass goes up, well, either his career is getting fucked or the law of conservation of angular momentum is getting falsified.

I bet he must be pinching himself.

From trying to establish himself as a CB in our U23s in August to being pretty much first Midfielder on the team sheet vs Real Madrid six months on

Bet he’s got a whole bag full on ticket requests for the game!

I don't think you can learn spacial awareness like that. You either have it or you don't. You can employ technique to make great use of it but the kid has eyes in the back of his head.

True. I think that’s why he’s often compared to Busquets, even though for now he doesn’t quite have the physicality and experience for a true midfield anchor. Long-term though it’s probably his best position.

He reminds me of Gerrard, when Gerrard first burst on the scene.

Physical attributes are very different though.
Gerrard was far quicker, powerful, taller, more aggressive, better long range passing, and a ludicrously powerful right foot when he’d shoot at goal.
Bajcetic is a much calmer, cultured player. My hope is he could model himself on someone like Alonso. He’ll never ever be the freak of nature type player like Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom