• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Fab was barely average. Looked nervous, gave some poor passes away, was not always smart positionally

Thought he, like Hendo, grew into the game and had a good performance i the end. Certainly a step in the right direction.

can't really call him the honey badger - if you follow the NFL, you know why ...
So we have to pick one from this list:

Types-of-Badger.jpg

can't really call him the honey badger - if you follow the NFL, you know why ...
So we have to pick one from this list:

Types-of-Badger.jpg
Nah. We're not Americans and who gives a monkeys about the NFL.
Honey badgers are very aggressive and don't give up. Perfect fit!

Nah. We're not Americans and who gives a monkeys about the NFL.
Honey badgers are very aggressive and don't give up. Perfect fit!

I give a monkey's about the NFL. The New Orleans Saints are my team and them winning their only Superbowl a few years ago was a real highlight for me.

That said, I don't follow it as closely as Wizzy so I don't know why the honey badger comparison wouldn't work. They are indeed super-aggressive - I even remember reading about one which turned on an elephant once when the elephant pushed it out of the way at a water-hole.

On a separate note, I've seen the word 'retard' being bandied around a lot lately. Have we gone back in time? There are a million alternatives that could be used, and not using them is a complete failure in imagination.

Headwand is the forum derived equivalent. I like it.

Anyways, I was at the match and our little gang all had him as MoTM before we got home and found out sky and BBC had said the same. I think it's fair to be excited about an 18 year old who inspired a win and was fairly unanimously considered the best player on the pitch.

There's a player nicknamed the Honey Badger in the NFL. I don't see that as a reason not to give Bajectic the same honorific.

But I also wouldn't be opposed to Northern Hog Badger either as he becomes even more secure in possession.

I seen a badger crossing the road near Belfast castle during the summer. It was a proper stocky bastard. Not sure our badger tits is quite there just yet. Badger might have been a good nickname for Shaqiri.

Oh for fucks sake, have none of you stopped to think that he’s only been this good because I immediately gave him the nickname ‘Badger Tits’ on his debut.

Some days I could just give up…
It's a shit nickname.

Spanyard's Dick woulda been better.

I thought he had a good game yesterday and I can see why people had him down as MOTM, but if I'm being critical, i thought he got 'lucky' a few times when caught in possession and was helped out by his teammates.

Regardless of who we sign, I think Klopp will have been impressed enough to already have the lad pencilled in for next season, as a genuine contributing member of his midfield selections

He'll end up being the only positive in this shitshow of a season. We really needed a youngster or two to emerge given the state of our squad.

I'm curious to see how Tyler Morton turns out after his good start last season. We could have 2/3's of a midfield sorted for a good few years with these two. Then add Bellingham to that and we are sorted. I think that's at least two seasons away from being a solution and Morton and Bagertits aren't there yet.

I'm curious to see how Tyler Morton turns out after his good start last season. We could have 2/3's of a midfield sorted for a good few years with these two. Then add Bellingham to that and we are sorted. I think that's at least two seasons away from being a solution and Morton and Bagertits aren't there yet.
Badgertits clearly is. He's played well in every game he's appeared in and yesterday lasted virtually the whole match whilst almost unanimously (across fans and media) being voted MotM. That was no fluke performance no matter how shite Everton were.

Thought he, like Hendo, grew into the game and had a good performance i the end. Certainly a step in the right direction.

It’s interesting how some journalists tried to present it as Bajcetic benefiting from playing alongside the experience and leadership of Fabinho and Henderson - to be honest, I thought it was mostly the other way around. Fabs in particular started nervously, but then grew into the game somewhat after he realized Badger is there to protect him.

I think Raj Chohan I quoted in the OP is right - it’s almost like the reverse of the Fabs-Gini dynamic. Fabs needs to use his football brain and positioning to pick up the pieces, letting his younger partner take more risks with tackles.

I give a monkey's about the NFL. The New Orleans Saints are my team and them winning their only Superbowl a few years ago was a real highlight for me.

That said, I don't follow it as closely as Wizzy so I don't know why the honey badger comparison wouldn't work. They are indeed super-aggressive - I even remember reading about one which turned on an elephant once when the elephant pushed it out of the way at a water-hole.

Tyrann Mathieu is the "honey badger" ... and he currently plays for the ... N'arleans Aints! :)

Great pressing, fight, hunger, energy and able to spray the ball around too. I think his position further up is key to our successful pressing chain in the final third. All too often opponents get past the first press and have been met with tons of space around our tired CMs.

On a separate note, I've seen the word 'retard' being bandied around a lot lately. Have we gone back in time? There are a million alternatives that could be used, and not using them is a complete failure in imagination.

Yeah my bad. I'll concede the point. Shit use of terminology on my part. Apologise.

Moving on - I never said the lad was bad. I also said he deserved his MOTM - He was decent. He's young so can only get better. All I was saying is that calm is needed. Potential? Sure. I look forward to seeing it.

Oh and @mark1975 do me a favour with the frothing mouth exasperation bollocks. I am on the same planet as most on here so stop being such a fucking ....... 'Headwand' :whistle:

Badgertits clearly is. He's played well in every game he's appeared in and yesterday lasted virtually the whole match whilst almost unanimously (across fans and media) being voted MotM. That was no fluke performance no matter how shite Everton were.

I agree to an extent, but I wouldn't want to be heading into next season pinning all our hopes on him along with 1 big new midfield signing. He's bound to have sticky patches of form and injuries. So if we got a Bellingham and another midfielder in the 25-26 age range with Badgertits taking the minutes from the likes of Milner/Naby, that would be good for development.

Seems like that… but do you want to elaborate?

I was making that post in jest, mate :). Wasn't there a legendary discussion on SCM on the right body structure for a defensive midfielder during the Mascherano, Lucas era. I think Ryan lead that discussion. I thought the "body structure for a DM" was on par with "Argentinians are two footed", "Juande Ramos shits trophies" in terms of SCM lore.

I was making that post in jest, mate :). Wasn't there a legendary discussion on SCM on the right body structure for a defensive midfielder during the Mascherano, Lucas era. I think Ryan lead that discussion. I thought the "body structure for a DM" was on par with "Argentinians are two footed", "Juande Ramos shits trophies" in terms of SCM lore.

Maybe I missed that discussion :) So, does Keita have the right body structure?

Glad he’s playing for Spain, no rush to try him in the senior team like there might’ve been if he decided to play for Serbia or whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom