• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be interesting. It is a competition we never won I beileve so I would love to win it. Also good for the whole club to keep on winning trophies, so such a trophy should not be given away anyway. And I guess in a dark cold December the players would appreciate some sunny days even if they are competitive. With no PL stress on their shoulders it can even give us an energy boost ahead of xmas program if we play it right up to then.
The issue is the PL stress it will create. Don't we miss a game (or two) that will need to be rescheduled at a later date ?

Isn't there a Winter break this season?

It really should help us if there is and I think it takes away some advantage of City's superior squad.

Hopefully we don't back all sluggish like our mid season trip away last season.
There is a train of thought that although we came back sluggish it helped us maintain our form and fitness to the end of the season. More information would be helpful if that is true.

Yeah, it's basically a week off fixtures, between the 8th & 15th Feb (half the teams take off the first week, the other half the second week), so in total every team should get 10 days rest.

There is a train of thought that although we came back sluggish it helped us maintain our form and fitness to the end of the season. More information would be helpful if that is true.
I'm convinced that's why. We also start the season sluggish after the long term fitness drills too.

Didn't we use one of the "free" weekends (out of the cup early) in January also for a trianing camp abroad? It definately helped us towards the end of the season. The season before we looked really knackered towards the end of season (I guess it didn't help having only 11 good players available though).

8 points is a good lead to have at this stage, defo would've taken that before we played Norwich

But still only October & wed have to keep playing like we're the chasers & not get too comfortable sitting on gap we have.

De Bruyne is a massive miss for them and we need him to be out as long as possible. Am I right in saying that each time they've lost points this season, De Bruyne hasn't started?

Laporte is a huge miss, also, but they can get by without him. They seem to struggle without De Bruyne this season.

We are in the middle of our hard run of games, while city have some 'easy' games coming up.

Our hope has to be to try and remain unbeaten until after the city game and hope city drop another 3- 5 points more and the reassess this again at xmas.

The head to heads against city will be crucial. After we lost at the ethidad, it gave city the belief for their unbeaten they had.

8 points is a good lead to have at this stage, defo would've taken that before we played Norwich

But still only October & wed have to keep playing like we're the chasers & not get too comfortable sitting on gap we have.

You "defo would've taken" winning 8 games out of 8 and being 8 points clear? How magnanimous and clear-headed of you.

No silly emotional responses for bineeerrrrrrrmial! No sireee!

When offered the opportunity at the start of the season to win every single one of our first eight games and to be eight points ahead of the second-placed team, The Nermial does not jump to a quick answer, but takes in all the facts, weighs up the options and likelihoods of all the variables in play, and only then does he give his calm, objective answer.

You "defo would've taken" winning 8 games out of 8 and being 8 points clear? How magnanimous and clear-headed of you.

When offered the opportunity at the start of the season to win every single one of our first eight games and to be eight points ahead of the second-placed team, The Nermial does not jump to a quick answer, but takes in all the facts, weighs up the options and likelihoods of all the variables in play, and only then does he give his calm, objective answer.

That was such a beautiful post I almost read it twice.

Thank you.

P.s I'd also take 9 wins out of 9 and 11 points clear come united :)

De Brune seems to be injured every season for short periods of time. Yeah, hopes he stays out long enough to drop more points this season.

De Bruyne will be back after the international break. They’ve already bought some new joints and ligaments on the black market in Qatar.

Yeh but frim is still a flabby melt.. no... ??

Don't we have United, City and Spurs in the next four weeks? We may drop points, and it shouldn't be a surprise if we do.

Keep your pants on

Don't we have United, City and Spurs in the next four weeks? We may drop points, and it shouldn't be a surprise if we do.

Keep your pants on

Yep.

Away to Genk and Arsenal in Cup sandwiched in between too.

Should be fun

Yep.

Away to Genk and Arsenal in Cup sandwiched in between too.

Should be fun

This is what happens when you're one of the big boys!

Beat United, Spurs, and Draw with Citeh and we're solid.

The trouble is the United game is their cup final so they'll play above their level.. I know this, because the shoe was regularly on the other foot for us..

Did you know United are also just two points off relegation?

The trouble is the United game is their cup final so they'll play above their level.. I know this, because the shoe was regularly on the other foot for us..

You do realise that playing above their level now would only just take them into the top half of the table? We shouldn't be worried about a mid-table club.

Also if we are to drop points in one of those games I'd prefer it to be a shock draw with Spurs and winning the other two, if you could, thank you very much.

Last edited:

It is a great time to play United as not only are they playing shite but they are disappearing to teams where they have no time to work out what is wrong and put in effort on the training ground to fix it. They'll come back from international duty without any idea about what their tactics and system are.

De Bruyne is a massive miss for them and we need him to be out as long as possible. Am I right in saying that each time they've lost points this season, De Bruyne hasn't started?

Laporte is a huge miss, also, but they can get by without him. They seem to struggle without De Bruyne this season.

Agreed - he's the best player in the league when in form. He seems to take time to find form post injuries so hopefully that trend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom