• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Swans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sympathies. I got it just before Christmas and had it until earlier this week. Having to do a half-programme at the gym even now. Take care.

I've had it for over a week and now developed a chest infection. Had all the usual flu symptoms last weekend and it's kicked off again today. Loads of people have got it in work, etc.
Watch that chest infection. I had one that ended up as pneumonia and a serious cough. The cough went on for weeks and I ended up with an intercostal sprain - I have never known pain like it, I literally wanted to die, it was impossible to move, I couldn't even lie down, I slept (inverted commas - every cough sent a terrible spasm of pain wracking my body) in a chair for weeks. Only strong medication enabled me to function at all. Doctors here said many people mistake intercostal sprains as heart attacks (I sure did). Just a bloody sprain FFS !

Flu kills a ton of people in the USA every year, no idea about the UK, but in the USA the average over the past 30 years is at least 1,000 per annum and possibly far higher than that (difficult to assign cause of death specifically to 'flu' as it is often just one factor).

Klopp said that a few others in the squad also have it but Klavan and Salah should be OK for Swansea whereas Lovren is looking unlikely.

Last edited:
'Who cost us a Europa League final?'

26992200_1817224951623686_9126363875290502970_n.jpg

I just rewatched a video, the best 5 come back games under Klopp. It showed the game at Norwich and I'd forgotten how ridiculous Moreno could be.

About 3:30:

I just rewatched a video, the best 5 come back games under Klopp. It showed the game at Norwich and I'd forgotten how ridiculous Moreno could be.

About 3:30:

For me it was a reminder how many times has Mignolet conceded the goal into the near corner. Just in this video it’s at least 3 or 4.

Watching those Dortmund clips got me proper buzzin for the CL knockout stage

Fuckin hell the flu sounds brutal.

I've never had it or a cold.

Salah is the most important one to be back.

VVD can replace Lovren

Salah has been in training - if it was bad they would quarantine him to avoid risking the squad.

I saw Milner in someone's line up. Fuck that.

I've had it for over a week and now developed a chest infection. Had all the usual flu symptoms last weekend and it's kicked off again today. Loads of people have got it in work, etc.
Had it on New years day onwards
Exact same issues your experiencing.. Only just recovered at the beginning of this week..

Damn Aussies.. Unhealthy Basterds

Fuckin hell the flu sounds brutal.

I've never had it or a cold.

Salah is the most important one to be back.

VVD can replace Lovren
Seriously, you've NEVER had a cold? And you grew up in Ireland.
You may want to have your DNA checked to see if you are human

Last edited:
Animals are mostly immune from human diseases and vice versa.

* just musing, not of course insinuating that Dreamy is a non-human animal.

When the great pestilence comes and almost wipes humanity from the planet Dreamy will be like a new Adam. The father of a new dawn.

I had proper real influenza when I was about 14. Honestly thought I was dying for 5 days.

Fuck these soft cunts who get a cold and it’s all like ‘oh noes I’ve got flu.’

Bonus is I’ve got crazy antibodies and that shits never come near me since

When the great pestilence comes and almost wipes humanity from the planet Dreamy will be like a new Adam. The father of a new dawn.
He's an alien, he's like the dad off 3rd Rock From the Sun.

It would explain so much.

I've heard that most people only get the flu once or twice, the other times it's just a cold.

I had proper real influenza when I was about 14. Honestly thought I was dying for 5 days.

Fuck these soft cunts who get a cold and it’s all like ‘oh noes I’ve got flu.’

Bonus is I’ve got crazy antibodies and that shits never come near me since
You do know that each flu epidemic mutates ssubstantially from the previous epidemic that they are in essence totally unrelated ? This is why flu jabs are important for those at most risk, they've been developed from the previous strain and can have some preventative effect though still not a guarantee. Whereas your antibodies from however many generations ago ........

Yep never had one. Don't get sick, only go to hospital if I break a bone playing sport.

Same in Australia, everyone gets the flu at work I get nothing.

I had 6 months of sick leave when I left my last job.

I put it down to growing up on a farm and being out in the cold and wet all hours of the day and night.

Even worse of course is that the retreating glaciers are releasing previously eradicated diseases back into circulation (I think an outbreak of bubonic plague in Russia was a recent one - killed a lot of people in one village close to the source - from an animal whose previously frozen body had been exposed). Flu is amongst those epidemics that are expected to flourish.

Yep never had one. Don't get sick, only go to hospital if I break a bone playing sport.

Same in Australia, everyone gets the flu at work I get nothing.

I had 6 months of sick leave when I left my last job.

I put it down to growing up on a farm and being out in the cold and wet all hours of the day and night.

I'll tell everyone I know to try this.

Even worse of course is that the retreating glaciers are releasing previously eradicated diseases back into circulation (I think an outbreak of bubonic plague in Russia was a recent one - killed a lot of people in one village close to the source - from an animal whose previously frozen body had been exposed). Flu is amongst those epidemics that are expected to flourish.
It's fucking terrifying. But yet everyone is concerned with jihadists and celebrity scandals.

It's fucking terrifying. But yet everyone is concerned with jihadists and celebrity scandals.
The fascination with celebrity scandals (and fashion and selfies) alone is one very valid reason as to why humans deserve to be eradicated from this planet !

Are you sure you aren't watching science fiction television programmes and mistaking them for documentaries?

It was sort of the plot to Fortitude
Ah OK I do remember that now. Then you know where they got the plot idea from :) Truth stranger than fiction and all that jazz.

EDIT. not sure if this is the same one or maybe it was Anthrax and not BP. One child died here.
BBC : http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170504-there-are-diseases-hidden-in-ice-and-they-are-waking-up

I'm sure that was the one now I've reread it. Not that BP isn't a threat in Russia (see July 2016 report below) but it's not relevant to the story I remembered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3689697/Fears-mass-BUBONIC-PLAGUE-outbreak-Russia.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom