• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roma have reportedly secured a deal for Dinamo Zagreb creative midfielder Ante Coric for €12m, though he won’t move until the summer.
According to Pagine Romaniste, director of sport Monchi and consultant Federico Balzaretti have been working on this deal behind the scenes for many months.
Coric’s family and entourage visited Rome to discuss the situation before Christmas and will be back to sign the paperwork in February.
The 20-year-old is under contract until June 2022 and has been linked with numerous clubs, including Manchester City and Liverpool.
The deal is believed to be worth €12m, including bonuses, and comes with a five-year contract.
So far this season, the player nicknamed the ‘new Luka Modric’ has contributed three goals and two assists in nine HNL games.

Well that's a blow.

He'll turn out fucking boss now

It's a risk though – his attitude is questionable and stats not particularly impressive in a piss-weak league. Roma are assuming this risk, hoping the payoff will be worth it. In any case I am not sure Liverpool would be the right club for him at this stage.

I think the one young player we should sign, if at all possible, is Houssem Aouar. He is much further in his development than Coric and his attacking game is a carbon copy of a young Coutinho if I ever saw one! Scored another curler from distance last weekend against Marseille. He is very versatile and mature too.

Last edited:
It's a risk though – his attitude is questionable and stats not particularly impressive in a piss-weak league. Roma are assuming this risk, hoping the payoff will be worth it. In any case I am not sure Liverpool would be the right club for him at this stage.

I think the one young player we should sign, if at all possible, is Hossem Aouar. He is much further in his development than Coric and his attacking game is a carbon copy of a young Coutinho if I ever saw one! Scored another curler from distance last weekend against Marseille. He is very versatile and mature too.
I don't want him because I don't want to learn how to say his name

Be like old McDonald's farm

I don't want him because I don't want to learn how to say his name

Be like old McDonald's farm

I might be wrong, but I think Aouar is a French spelling of the same Arabic surname that would have been spelled "Awar" in English. Aouar looks cooler though.

Dacoure's stats as a ball winner recovering the ball in midfield would translate very well within this Liverpool team. Particularly when he has an eye for a dangerous pass after winning the ball. Kind of like a Momo who can pass.

Dacoure's stats as a ball winner recovering the ball in midfield would translate very well within this Liverpool team. Particularly when he has an eye for a dangerous pass after winning the ball. Kind of like a Momo who can pass.
Momo who can pass you say...

You're increasingly winning me round to this guy

Roma have reportedly secured a deal for Dinamo Zagreb creative midfielder Ante Coric for €12m, though he won’t move until the summer.
According to Pagine Romaniste, director of sport Monchi and consultant Federico Balzaretti have been working on this deal behind the scenes for many months.
Coric’s family and entourage visited Rome to discuss the situation before Christmas and will be back to sign the paperwork in February.
The 20-year-old is under contract until June 2022 and has been linked with numerous clubs, including Manchester City and Liverpool.
The deal is believed to be worth €12m, including bonuses, and comes with a five-year contract.
So far this season, the player nicknamed the ‘new Luka Modric’ has contributed three goals and two assists in nine HNL games.

He's just an ice hockey player.

I thought Jesus was a keeper.
Made thousand of saves and good on crosses

"I think that I could fit (in the Premier League)," he told reporters. "It depends on who else is around me - I need players with the same characteristics that I have.
"There are English teams with this style of play, ball on the ground, quick transitions, high pressure.
"If one of those teams wanted me, I could fit and the other way round. My football way is not an usual one."

If that isnt a 'come and get me' from Jorginho to Klopp/Pep, I dont know what is.

Is he any good?

Last edited:
"I think that I could fit (in the Premier League)," he told reporters. "It depends on who else is around me - I need players with the same characteristics that I have.
"There are English teams with this style of play, ball on the ground, quick transitions, high pressure.
"If one of those teams wanted me, I could fit and the other way round. My football way is not an usual one."

If that isnt a 'come and get me' from Jorginho to Klopp/Pep, I dont know what is.

Is he any good?

He sold me at "My football way is not an usual one"

I think the one young player we should sign, if at all possible, is Houssem Aouar. He is much further in his development than Coric and his attacking game is a carbon copy of a young Coutinho if I ever saw one! Scored another curler from distance last weekend against Marseille. He is very versatile and mature too.
The problem with Coutinho is tackling and defensive work. You put him in the team and you need to have him next to a player who will pick up some of his defensive work. I think sometimes we were hamstrung by that. I'm not saying we shouldn't look for a direct Coutinho replacement but maybe Klopp will move on from the Coutinho type player. If we can find an attacking mid that can hold his own defensively then maybe that would be some sort of tactical progression?

Cue signing of a top hardworking striker and then move Firmino into attacking mid [emoji6]

Martial has rejected a contract offer from Utd and wants to leave the club this summer.
I'd love to sign him. Perfect back up for both Mane and Salah.

Will never happen mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom