• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial has rejected a contract offer from Utd and wants to leave the club this summer.
I'd love to sign him. Perfect back up for both Mane and Salah.

Will never happen mind.

yea I like him too, think he'd do especially well for Klopp

£60 million they paid for him for about 2.5m per goal scored

• Jan Říha‏ @HonzaRihaSW Apr 10
    More
    Don't forget, that Liverpool made an offer for Berisha in 2014. Ever since he's signed for Salzburg in the summer of 2015 as an 19-years old, he's been producing consistently in terms of goals and assists. He's also been linked to Newcastle and in the past to Inter Milan.

• The difference between his and Sadio Mane's move to Southampton is cca 2-years in terms of how old they were, it shouldn't mean that he's a poor player just because he's at Salzburg (turned 25 only in February).

• Strengths: • Goal involvement/final 3rd play • Reading of the game • Strength • Workrate • Leader Weaknesses: • Heading • Long range passes • Recklessness

• Regarding his tactical suitability. As Salzburg are changing managers almost every year, he's played under quite a few and his level was almost always consistent. His most effective positions are left sided AM, proper no10 ahead of a double-pivot and an advanced Right

• Berisha is like many players with his build (mid*shorter, really, really strong in terms of his thighs and upper body - low sitting core, making him really agile and great in tight situations) very good technically, not a great(special) dribbler but good in tight areas.

• To go into his strengths. He's a leader and a presence on the pitch, he takes initiative during build-up, most of it goes through him and he's very good at it, he's fantastic into combination, great passer, fantastic timing and pacing on passes + ability of 1st touch pass.

• He's a played who makes stuff happen in final 3rd and he's the overall package you coul say. He would score his goals from making runs in behind and getting at the end of passes - quick exchange of passes, throughball, and getting inside the box and finishing calmly.

• His assists are very similar, coming in from the side, at an angle, getting into channel or sometimes even from the wing and slotting the ball back to someone in the box with a thoughtful pass (no blind cross somewhere, always head up and looking at options).

• I wouldn't say he has any extremely standing out features in his play (he's obviously a great player) - what I mean by that is for example you take Xavi's passing, Neymar's dribbling, Ronaldo's territory choice in the box, the main feature. Valon is fundamentally strong.
    To get in to why Salzburg may be willing to let him go. The younger generation, the fact he can get replaced. This season most games were played with him LCM and Amadou Haidara RCM (1-2-1) and Amadou, due to his incredible defensive qualities was the one sitting deeper

• which allowed Berisha to shift in more forward and at times almost act like a SS from the left side and be the pin point of press and lead it with rest of the midfield adjusting to him. With Haidara's amazing potential and passing in the final 3rd, he can easily replace Valon.

• Regarding why he would be a great pick up for Liverpool and where he would play. He isn't a back up player, he is a player who is able to lead, show himself to others and has that undying drive, which is something a number of LFC midfielders lack. He's a big presence.
  • Speaking in terms of position. LFC played a number of systems under Klopp, he would be best suited to the role Wijnaldum has been playing, as the advanced left CM ahead of a no6 (he played in a double pivot aswell as a CM, I haven't seen much of him then, can't comment).

• As much as I'd like Haidara to be signed by LFC, Berisha may make more sense this summer due to the fact what he can bring to LFC: • Presence • Fast transition • Great defensive reading of the game • Born in pressing/counter-pressing • Goals/Creation from midfield
    1 reply1 retweet10 likes

• Forgot to add: As it's LFC, so I don't usually take it into account - but his corners are world class. His passing technique is somewhat great, but not really that great - but his decision making and choosing which passes to make is excellent - takes risks.

To me he looks like a bit more mature version of Milinkovic-Savic, the main difference being better tackling and defensive work and worse dribbling and heading. Their position and role in the respective teams are very similar.

• Jan Říha‏ @HonzaRihaSW Apr 10
    More
    Don't forget, that Liverpool made an offer for Berisha in 2014. Ever since he's signed for Salzburg in the summer of 2015 as an 19-years old, he's been producing consistently in terms of goals and assists. He's also been linked to Newcastle and in the past to Inter Milan.

• The difference between his and Sadio Mane's move to Southampton is cca 2-years in terms of how old they were, it shouldn't mean that he's a poor player just because he's at Salzburg (turned 25 only in February).

He's aging quickly

He's aging quickly

Haha, good catch. He meant 2012.

BTW Berisha was born in Norway and represented Norway before choosing to play for Kosovo (I guess FIFA allowed the switch because Kosovo was not a member before, so he didn't have a choice earlier). Maybe @Hansern can tell us more about him?

Haha, good catch. He meant 2012.

BTW Berisha was born in Norway and represented Norway before choosing to play for Kosovo (I guess FIFA allowed the switch because Kosovo was not a member before, so he didn't have a choice earlier). Maybe @Hansern can tell us more about him?

I dont think he’s good enough to play for us. He might have a decent career at a mid to lower level PL club but I cant see him being a player for us. Never impressed for Norway but has developed since moving to Salzburg.
I’d rather go for someone else in all honesty.
I just cant see where he’d improve us or be an option.

I dont think he’s good enough to play for us. He might have a decent career at a mid to lower level PL club but I cant see him being a player for us. Never impressed for Norway but has developed since moving to Salzburg.
I’d rather go for someone else in all honesty.
I just cant see where he’d improve us or be an option.

Looks like he's massively improved in Salzburg then. From everything I've seen, our interest is genuine. Although he's not necessarily the #1 choice on our shopping list.

Looks like he's massively improved in Salzburg then. From everything I've seen, our interest is genuine. Although he's not necessarily the #1 choice on our shopping list.

Yeah, he probably has but I’d still look elsewhere in all honesty.

I just posted that in another thread

No one should miss out on that

Neves's goal is almost a carbon-copy of Suarez's chance against Arsenal that hit the frame:

I caught a bit of Lyon and PSG. Lyon's got this rampaging midfielder with unmatched athleticism who reminds me of Essien. Ndombele, or something like that.

Yeah, he's impressive too, somewhat similar style to Naby Keita in that his strongest quality is carrying the ball forward. But Aouar is probably the first player I would sign from Lyon. Although Fekir is pretty good too ;)

Last edited:
Neves will probably be cheap-ish. With all the iffyness of that transfer to Wolves, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a buyout clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom