• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not surprising. Doesn’t fit into our style, not physically strong enough and we already have Harvs. Poor planning from the club. Hopefully being here hasn’t harmed his career.

Its not poor planning if we sell him for more than we spent signing him though.

He's got ability, but his frame and workrate were always the issue.

A shame. It's been confirmed it'll be a loan away, rather than sale...but it's a rarity someone recovers from loans.

Its not poor planning if we sell him for more than we spent signing him though.

Sorry, cannot agree with this point of view. Profit cannot be a metric of the success of every transfer. It is not like Carvalho was playing in Uruguayan league or anything. He was playing here in England. Any decent bit of scouting should have shown us he is not physically ready for a midfield, does not have the pace to play in attack, and does not have a defined position for a Klopp midfield.

His signing is a reflection of our muddled transfer policy. We signed him with no clue on how to use him and set back his development for a year. We are not Chelsea. Given the limited nature of our transfer budget, we should avoid taking unnecessary punts like these. The money spent on him plus Arthur plus their wages could have easily gone for a better midfield talent or a better punt. Klopp's football at its basic level is about physicality and pace and not quite sure why we are pursuing youngsters who have neither - first Harvey and now Carvalho.

Last edited:
Sorry, cannot agree with this point of view. Profit is cannot be a metric of the success of every transfer. It is not like Carvalho was playing in Uruguayan league or anything. He was playing here in England. Any decent bit of scouting should have shown us he is not physically ready for a midfield, does not have the pace to play in attack, and does not have a defined position for a Klopp midfield.

His signing is a reflection of our muddled transfer policy. We signed him with no clue on how to use him and set back his development for a year. We are not Chelsea. Given the limited nature of our transfer budget, we should avoid taking unnecessary punts like these. The money spent on him plus Arthur plus their wages could have easily gone for a better midfield talent or a better punt. Klopp's football at its basic level is about physicality and pace and not quite sure why we are pursuing youngsters who have neither - first Harvey and now Carvalho.

I agree to an extent and in principle, but this is a player we paid 7 mill £ for and decent wages. We fucked up by not loaning him out.
Its close to risk free if we had some sort of plan about how he could adapt in a different role for us or where we envisaged he could perform for us.
I cant imagine that there wasnt some sort of plan for him and thats why we signed him. It wasnt a very good one though as he clearly doesnt fit us.
But in terms of investment I think this case alone is probably worth it given what we paid.
Selling him for a profit because it didnt work out is what we praise other clubs for doing.

We should have loaned him out though.
Lets hope our new Sporting director has a more keen eye for which talent to bring in and that they are fit to adapt to our style and tactics.

I agree to an extent and in principle, but this is a player we paid 7 mill £ for and decent wages. We fucked up by not loaning him out.
Its close to risk free if we had some sort of plan about how he could adapt in a different role for us or where we envisaged he could perform for us.
I cant imagine that there wasnt some sort of plan for him and thats why we signed him. It wasnt a very good one though as he clearly doesnt fit us.
But in terms of investment I think this case alone is probably worth it given what we paid.
Selling him for a profit because it didnt work out is what we praise other clubs for doing.

We should have loaned him out though.
Lets hope our new Sporting director has a more keen eye for which talent to bring in and that they are fit to adapt to our style and tactics.

If there was some kind of plan for him, then the person who scouted him should be fired as it should be clear it would be tricky to find a position for him in Klopp eleven due to his lack of pace or physicality. Unless he is a Coutinho level technician which he isn't.

Clubs like Chelsea who identify youngsters to sell for profit later take care of their first team squad first and then do these kind of deals. We had a house with a hole in the roof, the door was coming off its hinges. We ended up buying an expensive plastic sheet to cover the door (Arthur) and a piece of modern art which we really did not need and does not quite fit the decor (Carvalho).

If there was some kind of plan for him, then the person who scouted him should be fired as it should be clear it would be tricky to find a position for him in Klopp eleven due to his lack of pace or physicality. Unless he is a Coutinho level technician which he isn't.

Clubs like Chelsea who identify youngsters to sell for profit later take care of their first team squad first and then do these kind of deals. We had a house with a hole in the roof, the door was coming off its hinges. We ended up buying an expensive plastic sheet to cover the door (Arthur) and a piece of modern art which we really did not need and does not quite fit the decor (Carvalho).

this is very generous to Arthur, you could stop the rain getting in with a plastic sheet. he’s at best a toilet roll

Romano seems to think we'll look to do deals for 2-3 midfielders, a full back, back up keeper AND a forward.

LOL, strap yourselves in lads...gonna be the summer of all summers.

Chelsea have just spent 600 mill £ without beings able to take care of their first team.

Thankfully we have just loaned the expensive plastic sheet.

Papers this morning reporting Liverpool want to sign Mount and Rabiot. If that's the sum total of the MF additions, I will be pissed.

So we need a DM/CM and we chase Mount?

So we need a midfield with legs and we chase Rabiot?

Fuck me sideways to the moon.

Papers this morning reporting Liverpool want to sign Mount and Rabiot. If that's the sum total of the MF additions, I will be pissed.

I understand we can’t afford a Ferrari but buying Dacia is taking the piss. Rather resign Melo.

Romano seems to think we'll look to do deals for 2-3 midfielders, a full back, back up keeper AND a forward.

LOL, strap yourselves in lads...gonna be the summer of all summers.

The lack of cb in the list concerns me.

I've just got a strong erection, rather than a full on zip smasher

The lack of cb in the list concerns me.

I've just got a strong erection, rather than a full on zip smasher

We'll probably wait until both Matip and Virg are 38 (and obviously Gomez will still be around but he'll be going through his 2nd rehab in a year) before we address that area.

Fábio Carvalho shouldn't be allowed to leave but sent out on loan. The kid has ability and should have been given more game time. I do hope Klopp is able to dissuade him from leaving

Genee: 'Jurriën Timber's girlfriend seems to be looking for a house in Liverpool'

Currently contract until 2025.

View attachment 2610

So can't head, block or clear the ball.. Great.

[article]Now it seems Liverpool are close to sealing a deal in the region of £45m, amid claims the defender wants to move to England.

However, former Netherlands midfielder Wesley Sneijder is skeptical about the player’s abilities. And he thinks the defender would struggle if he moved to the Premier League, sounding a major note of caution for Klopp.

And his main cause for concern is the player’s height, with Timber standing at just 1.79m tall – roughly 5ft 9in.

“He’s a smart lad and a really good defender,” Sneijder said on Dutch TV show Veronica Offside.

“But he loses every header and in England – against those wardrobes in the Premier League – that will be his downfall.”

When pointed out to Sneijder that a similar accusation was levelled at Martinez, Sneijder has explained why his fears about Timber are vindicated.

“Lisandro Martinez is also small, but he can still jump and rise above players,” explained Sneijder.

“I used to see that with [former Real Madrid team-mate] Fabio Cannavaro. He was also small but he won every header.”

Sneijder’s concerns are certainly justified. Timber has an aerial win percentage of just 48% this season, winning just 41 out of 85 duels.

Seen as potential cover for Virgil van Dijk or Ibrahima Konate, neither of those two have any issues at winning headers.

Timber, of course, is also adept at playing right-back and it may well be that Klopp sees him as cover for Trent Alexander-Arnold.
[/article]

Wow... These highlights make Justin Timber look really good. Is he really a defender or a MF? Not joking he has pace, power, can tackle, pass, dribble, all the attributes of a MF.

Jack Butland is mentioned as an option for number 2 and would be free

Ideally, we should make use of 1 or even both back up GK spot in the squad to add to the home-grown players count. Bringing in an experienced No. 2 would allow the likes of Pitaluga and/or Davies to head out on loan too.

However, he has got 0 minutes this season? Last competitive appearance seems to be May 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom