• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard & Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather he stays in scotland one more year (manages in CL and goes for double) and then moves to a job in Premier League
I would say before moving to EPL, he should manage for a club in a league like Bundesliga, specially some team like Dortmund. That will be a great chance to test himself further and learn even more. He will have a talented group pf players and also much more budget compared to Rangers

Last edited:
I'd rather he stays in scotland one more year (manages in CL and goes for double) and then moves to a job in Premier League
If he wants to grow as a manager, he needs to take a step-up. The SPL is shit, proves nothing. Pem might be too much of a jump, besides I doubt he wants to play against Liverpool.
A mid table team in either Italy, Spain, Germany or France

If he wants to grow as a manager, he needs to take a step-up. The SPL is shit, proves nothing. Pem might be too much of a jump, besides I doubt he wants to play against Liverpool.
A mid table team in either Italy, Spain, Germany or France
Yeah, Steven Gerrard looks exactly the type of lad who’s going to take on learning Italian and the Serie A circus, rather than the Newcastle job

The Marco Rose route is the most ideal one I guess (RB Salzburg - Borussia Monchengladbach - Dortmund). The Austrian league isn't exactly the strongest and RB Salzburg run away with titles year in year out. Style of play, player development and exposure in European football helped to enhance Rose's reputation (and Marsch's, likewise).

Next season will be crucial for Gerrard - how well they defend their title and their showing in European football (I don't think any suitable clubs will be in for him this summer anyway).

Ex-Rangers chief Mark Allen highlights Steven Gerrard’s qualities which helped end Celtic’s dominance
[article]ORGANISED. Ruthless. Relentless.

Three words Mark Allen swore by at the start of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers rebuild.

Three years later that’s a fitting description of the team Allen watches with pride.

Gerrard has packaged it all into his Rangers squad to the delight of supporters, Allen included.

The former Ibrox director of football knew he had the right man in Gerrard to instil each one of those qualities.

He just recognised that it would take time to operate to full, devastating effect. After two fading challenges to Celtic, rampant Rangers have overtaken their rivals.

And their super European form continued with a 9-5 aggregate win over Royal Antwerp to tee up a last-16 clash with Slavia Prague.

Allen explained: “The terminology we tried to integrate into the operation early doors was ‘Organised, Ruthless, Relentless’. Both on and off the pitch.

“It always takes time for a culture to come together. Rangers are organised. Quite relentless in their pursuit, as the league has shown. And they’re ruthless when need be, putting chances away.

“So what I’m seeing now is all that coming to life. And what was once a vision and desire is now a reality.”

Allen needed “a leader/winner character” in early 2018 as interim boss Graeme Murty’s reign unravelled.

That led him to consider a man who was no ordinary rival to him in his previous job at Manchester City’s academy — Liverpool youth coach Gerrard.

But this was no ordinary brief: Recover Rangers from the mess of the Pedro Caixinha experiment and catch soaring Celtic before ten in a row.

He added: “I’d got to see Steven at Liverpool.

“What I noted was a marked change from when we played Liverpool at home before Steven’s appointment to playing them away after it.

“It was two different Liverpool teams in terms of application, desire and intensity. Basically, it was Steven Gerrard.

“I knew then that he’d have that effect on players.

“It was always at the back of my mind. That he could bring that to the table.

“I knew from sitting with him, talking to him at his home, that if we built the right team on and off the pitch, we’d be successful.

“There was a meeting of minds to try and articulate where we wanted to go.

“Steven is always someone who’s risen to challenges. I think we presented him with the perfect challenge when we said, ‘Come on, what do you think of this?’

The previous, chaotic season started with humiliating defeat to Progres Niederkorn.

It ended in a 5-5 draw at Hibernian under Jimmy Nicholl to guarantee European football for the new boss.

The record of Gerrard in Europe is one remarkable part of the transformation during and after Allen’s time. He admits there’s huge pleasure at seeing Rangers power on in the Europa League.

And there will be much emotion when James Tavernier is finally handed the Premiership trophy.

Allen said: “I remember the 5-5 game when we crept in to European qualification.

“To go to perhaps getting to the quarter-final stage and where they are now tells people the journey and what’s been achieved in that time.

“Those who understand football will know that’s quite a phenomenal turnaround.

“I’ll have to be careful I don’t get emotional. There’s immense pride. A lot of hard work went in at, sometimes, a difficult club. I’ve always backed my convictions and been strong and resolute enough to see them through. It’s hugely satisfying that it’s going to come home.”

Links with the Liverpool job, said Allen, have existed from the start and are unlikely to disappear.

But he’s looking forward to Gerrard leading Rangers into the Champions League and putting a further stamp on the squad.

Allen said: “I think he’ll always be linked, to be fair, when you think of the part he played at Liverpool and the esteem in which he’s held.

“But I also think he’s a guy who wants to show what can be done outside of Liverpool. If it stands him in good stead for one day being considered for that job, then great.

“What people will take from this regardless is that Steven is and will be a top manager — full stop.

“I can’t speculate what’s next for Steven. From my understanding, he won’t walk away from anything.

“It’s important Rangers don’t stop here by winning the league. You’ve always got to strengthen year on year.

“That’s nothing detrimental to any player there now. They’ve been excellent.

“But the best always do it. Look at Sir Alex at United. After every single year of success, he added more. I think that would be one of the things on Steven’s mind.”
[/article]

That came off his tongue so fast and smooth, I think he has practiced the line and was just waiting for a chance to roll it out.

Long 10 year wait comes to an end, must feel pretty good for Rangers fans that. Loving life under Stevie
I cant see any Slip up stopping them winning the title tbf..

Like to see him get to the Semis in Europa at least.. Need kind draws...

Last edited:
I can see any Slip up stopping them winning the title tbf..

Like to see him get to the Semis in Europa at least.. Need kind draws...
That don't make sense unless you were trying some funny scottish accent?

SLavia prague were 1 of the easier ones they could've faced, after that they'll be underdogs against pretty much anyone.

That don't make sense unless you were trying some funny scottish accent?

SLavia prague were 1 of the easier ones they could've faced, after that they'll be underdogs against pretty much anyone.
I’d say Rangers has been underdogs since the group stages especially seeing as Celtic annually stank the place up.

2 goals in 3 mins.

Ryan Kent is on form, 4 goals and 1 assists over the last 5 matches in all competition. 11 goals and 12 assists in 42 apps so far this season - massive improvement from last season's total of 8 goals and 4 assists in 34 apps.

Last edited:
Kent with the assist. 22 yr old Hagi with 6 goals and 11 assists in 35 apps looks like a great pick up for Rangers at £4m. Rangers will no doubt make a tidy profit from these 2 when they move on.

Rangers Scottish premiership champions!
Congratulations Stevie Gerrard on winning your first trophy as manager, many more to come we hope.

158110687_10218098443308730_1241096114678042460_o.jpg

The Stars appear to be aligning..

Results continue as they are with No Champions League next season... Gerrard will be next manager

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom