• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to revise the whole structure. While I don't put alot of faith in a DOF, I like what Germany did and what Spain and Barcelona did, in putting forward a vision, sticking with it and taking stock of the whole system from top to bottom with a view to having a successful formula implemented throughout the club/nation. Arguably like what United have done (to a lesser degree), in terms of their style and people settling into that formula, even lesser players coming in and not necessarily dragging the quality of the play.

It'll take alot of patience mind.

We need to revise the whole structure. While I don't put alot of faith in a DOF, I like what Germany did and what Spain and Barcelona did, in putting forward a vision, sticking with it and taking stock of the whole system from top to bottom with a view to having a successful formula implemented throughout the club/nation. Arguably like what United have done (to a lesser degree), in terms of their style and people settling into that formula, even lesser players coming in and not necessarily dragging the quality of the play.

It'll take alot of patience mind.

if the fans can see we are taking a long term approach (young manager/young signings) and they can at least 'see' the direction we are heading in I think they will show more patience. this isn't an excuse for not challenging more a 'bear with us, we're a work in progress'.

BBC Sport have actually mentioned Benitez as a leading candidate. I am getting really frightened now. :eek:

This 'we've got no cash to spend' is starting to worry me.

That's bullshit. They won't be bothered about taking money out of the club in the short term. Any new manager is going to need funds. They know all this. Hiring and firing is expensive. If they didn't want to spend anything they would have kept Dalglish.

We can take whoever is managing Cologne, cause he will be free on the market within weeks. This is sad.... I am extremely anoyd by this. But if I could choose I would choose non british.

That's bullshit. They won't be bothered about taking money out of the club in the short term. Any new manager is going to need funds. They know all this. Hiring and firing is expensive. If they didn't want to spend anything they would have kept Dalglish.

I hope you're right.

If they do spend fuck all i'm going to buy some big fuck off hawks and release them over Anfield next time they come over.

It can only be Capello, Mourinho or Guardiola. The new Manager must have a fantastic pedigree and clearly be seen to be an improvement on Dalglish and his CV. They will have to pay a fortune to get a 'mega' Manager.

Any 'up and comer' or 'with potential' candidate will not be able to live with the expectations; especially now the owners have sacked an icon.

The owners have really upped the ante. Money where their mouth is time. We now stand on a precipice. Could be exciting or disastrous in equal measure.

After reading a couple of articles regarding viable candidates I'm beginning to think that it's between AVB and Benitez.
The rest would require us to compensate their respective employers. Money that could be used to buy players instead.
Like I said before, if Rafa is called in for an interview, I think he'd do pretty well.

I hope it isn't AVB. He's a bit of a sap. And he's fucking younger than me and didn't even play football.

I mean if he gets the job it simply tells me that I made all the wrong decisions in my life.

capello would smack of short termism and we'd have to put up with shit football to boot. if I had a list capello would be near the bottom a few rungs higher than MON.
cappello is the only one mentioned on this list who has the pedigree to come in and at the very least gurantee us a top 4 finish or even possibly win it within a year or two. All the other mentioned are massive gambles. It takes a king to replace a king and cappello is the stand-out.

I'm obviously ignoring mourinho, because I'm not on drugs.

Benitez would probably get the best out of what we've got. It might also be true that he's learned from his mistakes. I think Rafa would give us a great shot at top 4 with little expenditure.

If we appointed him though (and I don't think we will) I think I'm going to defect to RAWK for a while.

One advantage of Rafa coming back would be the rebirth one of the best stadium songs ever.

I hope it isn't AVB. He's a bit of a sap. And he's fucking younger than me and didn't even play football.

I mean if he gets the job it simply tells me that I made all the wrong decisions in my life.

He'd be the best economic option. Monayyyy !

I don't want Martinez, Boas or Lambert. I'd take Rafa back before any of them.

I would but, even though Id like to see what he could do with money, he's still doesn't feel like the right answer. Especially as we haven't got any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom