• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_maradona

Very Active
Now the news is official, I think we need a dedicated thread on who we expect/want/hope/wish our next manage to be.

I think whoever comes in from abroad needs to have a very good pedigree, if you look at the previous good foreign managers they have won serious domestic championships and/or the cl.

sadly i don't think any young domestic manager is good enough to leap to lfc standards. we learnt what happens when you pick a one-season wonder like hodgson.

To my mind, only one man fits the above critieria and its strange for me to say this, but the man is Cappello - won it in italy and spain and won the CL. He's the man?

Steve Nicol. Look it up. Ten years managing in USA, links with FSG and they respect him, successful, and knows the club and its' history.

i would seriously think twice about giving it to a current perm manager such as martinez, lambert et al. think we need a proven manager with a good track record, who though you ask? god knows, rafa, capello, not much more available

Joakim Löw
Benitez
Martinez
did low ever win the budesliga?
martinez is too much of a risk. no pedigree, has not even won something as a a manager. hodgson had better credentials. benitez is tempting, but he's had his go. Bring on Cappello.

Capello is certainly a top class manager with the pedigree and I think he could attract top players even without CL football. Will he want to stick around for a while though or is he only willing to stay 1-2 seasons? I think we need to build for the long haul in order to make it into the top four consistently and challenge for titles.

Luciano Spalletti was my preferred choice before Hodgson took over.

Francesco Guidolin's work with Udinese over the past 2 seasons have impressed me, as have Marcelo Bielsa this season. Hope we explore our options and not limit to a certain nation/league.

Capello is certainly a top class manager with the pedigree and I think he could attract top players even without CL football. Will he want to stick around for a while though or is he only willing to stay 1-2 seasons? I think we need to build for the long haul in order to make it into the top four consistently and challenge for titles.
i think we need to start planning for today today - if that makes sense. bring someone in who will hit the ground running. we cant afford another season outside the cl - it would horrendous. we need someone who has the MENTALITY of winning leagues and who can MOTIVATE egos and finally has the track record. Apart from Mourinho, no other manager in the business is as widely decorated in meaningul leagues than Cappello.

Luciano Spalletti was my preferred choice before Hodgson took over.

Francesco Guidolin's work with Udinese over the past 2 seasons have impressed me, as have Marcelo Bielsa this season. Hope we explore our options and not limit to a certain nation/league.
don't know these guys you mentioned in detail (apart from biesla), but what have they WON? what do they bring to the table? What have they done which is going to get gerrard, suarez looking up and believing.

did low ever win the budesliga?
martinez is too much of a risk. no pedigree, has not even won something as a a manager. hodgson had better credentials. benitez is tempting, but he's had his go. Bring on Cappello.
You can't disregard what he's doing for the national team.

Capello has had only one stint in England; and he wsa shit.
Is that really a risk worth taking?

Villas Boas - Seriously, I'd take him
Lambert - Back to back promotions and a respectable 1st season in the PL
Rodgers - Touted to replace Harry at Spurs, can't be ignored
Martinez - Plays football the right way and one of footballs nice men. Deserves a shot at a bigger club

People who think we can attract the Capellos, Low's, Mourinho's of this world may be in for a bit of a culture shock. Finishing 8th has severely dented our stock on the world market, as has the Suarez saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom