• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Score-Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
In some great form at the moment.. arguably one of the best strikers in the league outside the Top 6..

15 for the Season, 13 of them in the PL with 9 in the last 10 for a less than average side is an execellent return

Made up for him.. Southampton avoiding the drop will likely because of his goals

Do we have a clause in the deal with Southampton ?

Sell on or buy back ??

Last edited:
We ain’t buying back but he is showing the form he was bought for. Maybe leceister next

He wants to play first team football and there’s more chance of platting piss of him starting in klopps eleven.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/danny-ings-leaves-liverpool-reds-15011820
[article]Liverpool are guaranteed to bank £18million with a further £2million to potentially follow in add-ons related to appearances. The Reds have also negotiated a 20% sell-on clause.[/article]
20% decent

Could defo see him at somewhere like Leicester the more I think about it..

Rodgers could play him at right back again [emoji1787]

Seriously CL football, should Leicester qualify would be too difficult for him to turn down

Given his injuries over the last few years I thought Southampton had massively overpaid at 20 million but he's proven well worth it.

Klopp had some very high praise for Ings when he went. His attitude throughout his injury troubles seems to have been spot on, and from what I remember it was his decision rather than ours that he move on. I've despised Southampton ever since their unbelievable hypocrisy over the van Dijk saga so I don't particularly like seeing them do well, but I'm pleased for Ings himself. He's earned a spell of good luck for a change.

Klopp had some very high praise for Ings when he went. His attitude throughout his injury troubles seems to have been spot on, and from what I remember it was his decision rather than ours that he move on. I've despised Southampton ever since their unbelievable hypocrisy over the van Dijk saga so I don't particularly like seeing them do well, but I'm pleased for Ings himself. He's earned a spell of good luck for a change.

Your point on wishing Southampton well is a good one. But I for one enjoy keeping them as our feeder team. Want them to stay up so our supply line of talent remains. And so we can keep pissing them off by poaching all their good players.

Was gutted it didn’t work out for him here.

I hope he scores another 20 goals this season and someone pays 50m for him.
Free 10m for us.

He's always been a good number 9, we just never played him there consistently when he was fit and tried him out as a left sided forward more often than not. He's the kind of striker that Saints could build a team around and get themselves back into being more of a force again. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Leicester or even Arsenal having a look at him but there is no reason for Saints to sell.

I kind of like Southampton and their manager seems like a decent sort. What did they do during the Van Dijk deal? I really can't remember apart from threatening a complaint if there was an illegal approach?

Delighted for Ings. As someone mentioned above Leicester may sniff around as a potential Vardy replacement, especially since it was Rodgers who brought him to Liverpool.

They were fine with us sniffing around Virgil while they were licking their lips in anticipation of a bidding war involving Citeh and the Chavs as well as us. When Virgil then made it clear that he was interested only in a move to LFC, Southampton saw their @rses over that and cooked up a totally artificial fuss about tapping up (which we had done no more of than anybody else does, almost certainly including Southampton themselves) in an attempt to remove us from pole position and rekindle interest from those other clubs. Things ended the way they did because Citeh wouldn't pay the quoted fee and Virgil wasn't having a move to Chelsea as his heart was set on playing for Klopp and for us. The guy mostly responsible, that chiselling b@st@rd Les Reed, has since left (and like you I have no problem with Hasenhüttl) so maybe I ought to forgive and forget, but the experience totally turned me off a club I previously hadn't minded.

Klopp did have clandestine meeting with Van Dijk in Blackpool though which probably also soured proceeding. But Southampton definitely got the hump because we nullified a bidding war, saying that they kept him for another 6 months and still got 75 million for him.

There's no question that that meeting took place, but such things go on all the time in similar situations. The way they tried to paint us as uniquely wicked over it was a disgusting, dishonest sham and I'd like to think that if big Virg hadn't been such a vital signing (the only reason we paid the asking price) we'd have told them to shove the deal where the sun don't shine. They'd really have been stuffed then because, though he did stay on there for a while, he was a shadow of his normal self and had made it crystal clear that he insisted on coming to Anfield.

It's yesterday's news now and I'm very glad the club held its nose and did the deal anyway considering what Virgil's brought with him. Doesn't change the fact that Southampton behaved like gangsters and set a new low in the already less than lilywhite world of football business dealings.

In some great form at the moment.. arguably one of the best strikers in the league outside the Top 6..

15 for the Season, 13 of them in the PL with 9 in the last 10 for a less than average side is an execellent return

Made up for him.. Southampton avoiding the drop will likely because of his goals

Do we have a clause in the deal with Southampton ?

Sell on or buy back ??

I've mentioned him a few times this season, he's been in superb goalscoring form, best finisher in the country apart from maybe Vardy so far this season,

Be interesting to see how he performs over the next few months, if he keeps it up he should get 20 plus goals and will again be linked to a big club and a dream move,

Would have been linked with us too, but sadly that move already happened and we never really saw him play

He's always been a good number 9, we just never played him there consistently when he was fit and tried him out as a left sided forward more often than not. He's the kind of striker that Saints could build a team around and get themselves back into being more of a force again. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Leicester or even Arsenal having a look at him but there is no reason for Saints to sell.

No reason for the Saints to sell

Ahahahahahahahaha!

Classic

EOLB_d1WkAAAlmg

I don't think Ings would consider moving anywhere where he isn't seen as first choice. He's at his boyhood club now and he most likely wants to continue playing regularly because of all the football he's missed through injuries.
Unless Southampton go down or he wants to challenge himself again, which won't be this season, he won't be going anywhere I reckon.

Fuck Southampton, they only paid £18m for Ings, when it should have been over £25m. I genuinely hope they go down.

Fuck Southampton, they only paid £18m for Ings, when it should have been over £25m. I genuinely hope they go down.

That's a very strange one. I think a lot of people thought at the time that Southampton got the worse end of that deal. In hindisght it's obviously looking a bargain. I like Southampton and their manager seems sound.

That's a very strange one. I think a lot of people thought at the time that Southampton got the worse end of that deal. In hindisght it's obviously looking a bargain. I like Southampton and their manager seems sound.

I'm happy Southampton got something good out of a transfer dealing with us. Good deal for both sides.

Now they just need to start turning out more players we can poach again.

Everyone at the club spoke highly of him, he never seemed to say anything bad about us, & I'm pleased he's doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom