• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack Race 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else would have been sacked long time ago, it’s Frank magic aura/ability to bullshit his way to the trust of the boards and fans that’s keeping him employed.

They are in a strange place where they can’t afford to sack him but can’t afford to keep him.

He’s lost more games than won points in his Everton career.
Maybe they’ll get a trophy for that accomplishment.

He’s lost more games than won points in his Everton career.
Maybe they’ll get a trophy for that accomplishment.

He should have never left Derby ... he was doing something good there - and getting much needed experience.
He just wasn't ready for Chelsea or Everton ...

He should have never left Derby ... he was doing something good there - and getting much needed experience.
He just wasn't ready for Chelsea or Everton ...
He bloody wasn't. He spent a shitload, loaned a load of players, and didn't improve their position. He was one of the architects of their demise

He bloody wasn't. He spent a shitload, loaned a load of players, and didn't improve their position. He was one of the architects of their demise

Didnt they get to the playoff finals?
Unless I'm mixing him up, they havent come close since he left (and they wanted him to stay)

Didnt they get to the playoff finals?
Unless I'm mixing him up, they havent come close since he left (and they wanted him to stay)

Yes, but if I recall, they were 6th when he joined them and finished 6th (in a playoff spot). They made the playoff finals and lost. Had a few big results that year but the net impact wasn't actually that impressive.

I think they took the gamble (in terms of spendings) and failed
Derby County administration Q&A: The debt, the mess, the timeline, the future
[article]Derby lost £14.7m in 2016 and £7.9m in 2017. And they were heading for further heavy losses in 2018, which would have breached the EFL's profit and sustainability rules allowing a cumulative £39m loss over a three-year period, until they confirmed Morris had bought the Pride Park stadium from the club for £80m.

In January 2020, after a review of the sale, Derby were charged by the EFL for financial breaches up to 2018.

Had Derby beaten Aston Villa in the 2019 Championship play-off final, it would not have been a problem. Indeed, given the EFL cannot enforce any action against Premier League clubs for financial breaches, it may be the charge would never even have been brought.

But they lost. Frank Lampard left, Phillip Cocu replaced him as manager and Rooney signed as a player.[/article]

Effects of the Frank Lampard transfer window still being felt by Derby

'Bizarre' - Frank Lampard's 12 Derby County transfers rated and slated
[article]Lampard spent big money, relatively speaking, during his time at Derby and it is telling that so many of his signings left on free transfers at the end of their Pride Park deals. Martyn Waghorn, Florian Jozefzoon and Jack Marriott are such examples, with the club's financial state in part down to an inability to sell players on for more than they were bought.[/article]

Anyone else would have been sacked long time ago, it’s Frank magic aura/ability to bullshit his way to the trust of the boards and fans that’s keeping him employed.

Also, think Moshiri is punishing the Everton fans a bit. They cant complain. Lampard was his choice.

53386295-10442899-Furious_Everton_fans_have_ramped_up_protests_over_the_impending_-a-1_1643188626550.jpg

Derby was 6th when Frank took over. He spent a lot of money, and they ended up sixth.

Derby County under Gary Rowett (in the previous season) qualified for the playoff finishing sixth. They faced Fulham. Won the first leg 1-0 and lost the second leg 2-0 and missed qualifying for the playoff final.

Derby County under Lampard (the next season) qualified for the playoff finishing sixth. They faced Leeds. Lost the first leg 1-0, won the second leg 4-2, and qualified for the playoff final.

So identical record as the previous manager except for one game where they qualified for the playoffs on goal difference. And Lampard spent quite a bit of money.
So not quite sure where this Lampard did a good job at Derby narrative is coming from.

Every time there's a new post in this thread I'm expecting to see Fwank sacked. So stop posting in it FFS or one day it'll be so!

This is the only piece of positive news we had this season. Where everyone of us is in agreement, holding hands, and singing in harmony. Why do you want to stop that ;)

Derby was 6th when Frank took over. He spent a lot of money, and they ended up sixth.

Derby County under Gary Rowett (in the previous season) qualified for the playoff finishing sixth. They faced Fulham. Won the first leg 1-0 and lost the second leg 2-0 and missed qualifying for the playoff final.

Derby County under Lampard (the next season) qualified for the playoff finishing sixth. They faced Leeds. Lost the first leg 1-0, won the second leg 4-2, and qualified for the playoff final.

So identical record as the previous manager except for one game where they qualified for the playoffs on goal difference. And Lampard spent quite a bit of money.
So not quite sure where this Lampard did a good job at Derby narrative is coming from.

Ok - I take back my point.
however, I want to give Frank a fair chance to prove me right at Everton. Let him finish out the season and show he can build a championship powerhouse.

This is the only piece of positive news we had this season. Where everyone of us is in agreement, holding hands, and singing in harmony. Why do you want to stop that ;)
I'm frightened that Moshiri will find out what's going on in here and that'll be the end of Fwank.

With reference to Everton's situation, Phil Mc Nulty's piece in the BBC on our game against Chelsea reeked of his bitterness.
It was so fitting for him that he could use our partial misery to stick his oar in and get some outlet for his frustrations.

Ah f***. They'll be fetching Dyche in just in time to turn them into a pack of rabid wolves in the derby.
They don't need Dyche for that. Every time we have a game with that lot I worry which of our players we are gonna lose on a long term injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom