• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Sack race 2023-24

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which Premier League manager will be stacked first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche won’t go until new owners come in.

Utd won’t sack Ten Hag while they’re in the CL.

I’m all for Poch getting the sack and Lampard coming back it - but surely Boehly’s not that crazy.

Not sure what the point of sacking the managers at Luton, Shef Utd & Wolves would be the former two were always likely to go down and O’Neil Will surely be given some time since he was dropped in late.

Howe is probably ok - unless CL goes pear-shaped and League form isn’t better, but he’s definitely under a little pressure.

I think Kompany is under a bit of pressure, because they were many, including myself, thought they might do ok - but surely he’s got a fair amount of goodwill after last season.

I’ve gone for Iraola at Bournemouth - they have Brighton & Arsenal next - so that’s tough, then 3 real six pointers against Everton, Wolves & Burnley - imagine O’Neil being the one to put the knife in when they play Wolves.

I can’t see how he survives if he doesn’t get at least 2 wins from those 5. If they’re sitting in under 10 points after 10 games, with the investment they’re made - you’d have to think he’s gone - and all of those are big games - 3 home games in there too.

All things being equal - Dyche, Ten Hag & Poch should all be nervous.

Last edited:
O'Neil has done wonders with Wolves and that on a minus budget. If they can get him a striker they'll be safe.
Mind you, Leicester's owner has been benevolent, he f'ed last season up when he decided to balance the books instead of investing in players

I think Iraola will be safe for now.

West Ham (H) 1-1
Liverpool (A) 3-1
Tottenham (H) 0-2
Brentford (A) 2-2
Chelsea (H) 0-0

With the exception of West Ham, the sides they have faced are all top 10 sides from last season and have gained 3 more points from the same fixtures vs. last season.

They won't be expected to get points vs. Brighton (A) and Arsenal (H) so the key lies in Oct (vs. Everton, Wolves and Burnley). It's a pretty young squad too, esp. the defence + as long as those near the relegation spots linger there, Iraola will probably be afforded more time to develop the players (which, after all, was one of the reasons behind his appointment). Will be stronger when Sinisterra, Scott and Adams becomes available too.

My vote goes to Heckingbottom.

Last edited:
Bournemouth look quite decent compared to some of the other teams. Edwards and Kompany would be my guess. Both look out of their depth and with squads that arent of Premier league quality. Same with Sheff Utd but seeing as he called out the refs on Saturday and how clueless they are then I hope he gets a free pass for a while. Refreshingly honest about the understanding of the game.

When Utd get eliminated from the CL then Ten Haag could be in the shits. Utd are thrash.

Gone with Dychy

1 league win in their last 8, no way he survives another week…2 tough away games next, he’ll be gone after they get knocked out the EFL cup.

Bournemouth and Sheffield United will be the first to make changes, IMO.

I reckon Dyche lasts at least until Christmas.

Luton will not expect any more than they're getting. They're just here to ride the tide of PL cash and go again next year in the champ.

United are in too much of a mess to risk further instability.

Poch will get time - as mental as Boely on signings, I do not think he's as ruthless as Roman on managers. He has Potter and his team enough opportunities to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom